Glendale Gestapo

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Unbelievalby tonight after the greatest win in the history of the Arizona Cardinals, the Stadium authority and glendale proceeded to treat Cardinal fans like common criminals.

Within 45 minutes of the end of the game the police lined up at the end of the Great Lawn and chased off all the fans while a helicopter circled overhead shining a spotlight on all the "criminals" below. You'd have thought OJ Simpson had stolen a golf cart and was riding around the parking lots.

I've never seen anything so ridiculous in 40 years of going to big time sporting events.

I don't know if I want to go back to Gestapo Stadium so if anyone would like some club level seats for next fall let me know.

When Mack Brown came to UT he had a goal to get the fans to come early, be loud and stay late. At Gestapo Stadium the motto seems to be come late, be quiet and go home early.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Duck, one of the reasons I gave up tickets this season was the way we were treated both as tailgators and in stadium but tonight was a great win. I will just enjoy Sunday Ticket and make the occasional game.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
That's really unfortunate Duck. I'm sorry that happened. It should be looked into. The fans MAKE THE GAME AN EXPERIENCE!! Security needs to get a grip over there and let the fans be fans.

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Duck, one of the reasons I gave up tickets this season was the way we were treated both as tailgators and in stadium but tonight was a great win. I will just enjoy Sunday Ticket and make the occasional game.

It was surreal. It was like they thought we were going to start overturning cars and setting them on fire.

The Glendale police act like they're on a stakeout of serial killers.

Its sad really

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No big deal if you let all those crazy drunks hang out there long enough Duck that might be exactly what happens! They are new at this as well as the fans at celebrating a playoff victory maybe they are trying to keep it safe. I know just walking back to our car we encountered many drunk fans getting a little to violent and throwing things around and talking about wrecking stuff. To me and lots of other normal people I would rather not see things getting set on fire or any of that nonsense.

bleedingred

Registered
Reaction score
It was surreal. It was like they thought we were going to start overturning cars and setting them on fire.

The Glendale police act like they're on a stakeout of serial killers.

Its sad really

I have fought this for three years. Tonight made up for it...all of it!

Last year I dropped two tickets, this year I will drop at least two...next year is almost sure to be my last. I honestly feel that I did my part. I would gladly stay but do not agree with the current policies.

Go Big Red!!!

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
No big deal if you let all those crazy drunks hang out there long enough Duck that might be exactly what happens! They are new at this as well as the fans at celebrating a playoff victory maybe they are trying to keep it safe. I know just walking back to our car we encountered many drunk fans getting a little to violent and throwing things around and talking about wrecking stuff. To me and lots of other normal people I would rather not see things getting set on fire or any of that nonsense.

You must have been at some other game. Cards fans getting out of hand? Give me a break.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The brown lot was like a dumpster fire, we didn't move an inch for over an hour. The attendent people just stood around until about 7:30 the Glendale police showed up and moved everyone out. It took us 3.5 hours to get home.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wouldve rather they wait until something actually happened.. But whenever teams win in the post season, theres always a chance of LA style riots.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldve rather they wait until something actually happened.. But whenever teams win in the post season, theres always a chance of LA style riots.

Not that I like to defend the Gestapo, but there are set/written policies regarding how long people can tailgate (1 hour after the completion of the game).

As someone already said - don't like it ... contact the stadium/team and make a complaint.

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Yeah right. That's bogus. Especially considering that the stadium authority underlings act like that every game.

And BIM in this case the irresponsible are the police not the fans. Treating citizens like criminals without cause is NEVER justifiable.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And BIM in this case the irresponsible are the police not the fans. Treating citizens like criminals without cause is NEVER justifiable.

I agree in certain situations.

I witnessed a fan getting hassled by a S.A.F.E. worker after the game for collecting some discarded cups. In the very next section I saw a S.A.F.E. worker collecting discarded cups. :rolleyes:

SouthEndZoner

Registered
Reaction score
I hadn't been to a game this whole season, and all I can say is that the Glendale PD semed to overreact more today than they ever did before.
I also have to agree that the parking lot attendants the brown lot just got in the way and made things worse. Security and personnel-wise I liked that Card games better when they were in Tempe....but I guess that's the trade off for having such an awesome new stadium and better fan support.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Law enforcement in AZ--on average-- are a bunch of donkeys...

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
I hope they were getting everyone out so they could set up for the fiesta bowl, if not the policy of you having to be off the lawn 45 minutes after is awful. I will send a complaint to the Cardinals and the City of Glendale. I can see having to get off the lawn if the parking lot is cleared but know it did not clear in 1 hour.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
They are just following Roger Goodell's orders that the NFL should not be fun. Fines to follow.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it was because they started immediately to set up the Fiesta Bowl and had to kick everyone out. They only have 48 hrs.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It had NOTHING to do with the Fiesta Bowl.

Took 3 friends to their first ever Cardinal game last week. Two were transplants (Chicago and Detroit). We tailgated in the Brown Lot, which was fun. By the time we got back to the brown lot, it was already 45 minutes after the game ended. We fired up the grill again, as did a number of others in the area. 15 minutes later, came Glendale Gestapo. Followed by motorcycle cop. Followed by helicopter. It sucked all the fun out of the day. Cards got a black mark on them with potential fans.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
From a logistical standpoint there is a multitude of people involved that are being paid to keep the peace. Glendale PD, SAFE, and the purple parking lot people. People standing around getting further intoxicated is never a good thing and neither is paying people an additional hour when you don't have to. So from that stand point I understand.

However, if you sit in the upper deck and leave when the clock reads 00:00, it takes 20-25 minutes to get to your car. If you're in the brown lot, even longer. My wife and I were starving and parched having tailgated 5 hours earlier and having never left our seats. What if we wanted to have a little something before our 65 mile trip back to our house?

I'm going to write the Cardinals and ask for a 2 hour window next season as many fans on the radio have (are) requesting.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At 10:20 am (when I arrived at the stadium), my group was almost immediately told that we could not cook after the game. We hadn't planned to anyway, but I was kinda surprised.

I've tailgated at two other stadiums (Eagles and Cowboys) and never remember having security driving around or parking nazis telling everyone how to park (as if they don't know). And, I never recall having people forcing us to leave after games. Maybe this is because the Philly lots are private owned (I think) and the Cowboys have a huge after party with music and food and drinks and stuff, but still.

My group has made friends with the parking guys in our area. We bring drinks and food for them every week. We've also made nice with some of the officers patroling our area. It seems to help.

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Duckjake is dead on. The way we were treated was ridiculous. The problem starts at the top, I heard 3 different officers say the same thing, "The sooner we get you out of here the sooner we can go home."

Talk about pissing on a parade.

CardEd

Registered
Reaction score
They do this every game on the great lawn, minus the choppers overhead. It bugs me that they push us off the lawn into the parking lot that is at a stand still! Where do they expcet me to go?

Along the same problem, WHY do they flow the traffic west, then south, then east, then south to get out of the lot? Makes for a big mess, hence we stay on the lawn to avoid it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn