Giants at the Cardinals gameday thread 9-17-23

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
This team is too talent poor to fix with next year's draft. Not one unit on the defense has adequate talent. The WR unit is poor. Oline still has major issues on the interior. QB is a ? RB... how long can Conner last?

I appreciate how hard, and with how much heart, the team played in these first two games. But I don't see a lot of hope to compete next year or the year after. Caleb Williams isn't going to be some kind of Messiah.

I wish there was a "1,000,00,000%" reaction emoji.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This team is too talent poor to fix with next year's draft. Not one unit on the defense has adequate talent. The WR unit is poor. Oline still has major issues on the interior. QB is a ? RB... how long can Conner last?

I appreciate how hard, and with how much heart, the team played in these first two games. But I don't see a lot of hope to compete next year or the year after. Caleb Williams isn't going to be some kind of Messiah.
It's shocking how quick a turnaround can happen. The Eagles were in the super bowl last year only two years after going 4-11. And were 4-11 two years after going 13-3 and winning the super bowl..

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dobbs had some nice moments today but I think the one obvious thing with him is he doesn't have a feel for timing or when and where to put the ball. if the guy breaks open where the play is designed he can put it there. If he has to anticipate or make an adjustment he struggles. Several plays where you say make a better throw and that gets more yards.

That said, the run was great, tough as nails. He doesn't have great WR's and the 2 TE offense is an issue because the OL is so bad it's hard to put both TE's out in the pattern consistently.

I do think if Kyler comes back and he's sharp, the offense will be considerably better.

One play I wasn't following the game thread on the late drive where Saquan caught a short pass and got nice yards after the catch, it was the first play of the winning drive. I know we were concerned about our timeouts but I thought it was definitely worth challenging, he didn't catch the ball he had 2 hands on it but the point of the ball touched the ground and that's how he controlled it. I thought it was blatantly obvious and we didn't challenge, had we already used the challenge?

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dobbs had some nice moments today but I think the one obvious thing with him is he doesn't have a feel for timing or when and where to put the ball. if the guy breaks open where the play is designed he can put it there. If he has to anticipate or make an adjustment he struggles. Several plays where you say make a better throw and that gets more yards.

That said, the run was great, tough as nails. He doesn't have great WR's and the 2 TE offense is an issue because the OL is so bad it's hard to put both TE's out in the pattern consistently.

I do think if Kyler comes back and he's sharp, the offense will be considerably better.

One play I wasn't following the game thread on the late drive where Saquan caught a short pass and got nice yards after the catch, it was the first play of the winning drive. I know we were concerned about our timeouts but I thought it was definitely worth challenging, he didn't catch the ball he had 2 hands on it but the point of the ball touched the ground and that's how he controlled it. I thought it was blatantly obvious and we didn't challenge, had we already used the challenge?
No we hadn't and I questioned that also

Announcer said it was good because the ball didn't move when it hit the ground

But you never know with a review

Wait, we're the Cardinals so no it wouldn't have gone our way :confused:

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We’re 1-14 in our last 15 home games. Just sayin’. Promising part is that next week will feel like a road game.
This is the pathetic truth. My 11year old son just started getting interested in the Cardinals a couple years ago. He has now been to 5 or 6 home games over the last 3 years and has never witnessed a win. Pathetic.
It’s hard to argue when he says we should have just stayed home at my friends house to swim and playb with the dogs. I actually apologized to him today for bringing him. We will still come out to visit friends and family but that is our last home game in person for a while (at least this year).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lol… you playing the victim here also makes me laugh.
I don't know man. I'm not the one slinging insults at people who just pointed out that the a group of people were pretty durn quiet.

The irony here is freaking hilarious. I'm not a victim, bud. I don't claim to be persecuted like you and your brosephs. That's the height of victimhood.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is the pathetic truth. My 11year old son just started getting interested in the Cardinals a couple years ago. He has now been to 5 or 6 home games over the last 3 years and has never witnessed a win. Pathetic.
It’s hard to argue when he says we should have just stayed home at my friends house to swim and playb with the dogs. I actually apologized to him today for bringing him. We will still come out to visit friends and family but that is our last home game in person for a while (at least this year).
Really sorry Burque. We fans deserve much, much better.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
OK that's the play I'm talking about and I guess I'm not the only one who wondered why we didn't challenge it

Russ you want a questionable play, go back and look at Barkely's touchdown where he dived for the pylon. I'm pretty sure he touched his hand down out of bounds before the ball hit the pylon.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m a little torn on the L. I’m good on one hand because it keeps us in the lead for 1/2 picks.

But this will be a season where I’ll be looking at trends. And in back to back weeks, we’ve completely lost composure in every way from blowing 4th Quarter leads, racking up penalties and terrible play calling. And it’s a chicken or the egg or maybe a chicken and the egg problem dealing with coaching and or talent.

I’ll be super interested to see how the team responds to this loss next week against what’s probably the first legit good team they’ll face this week, at home, in what will undoubtedly feel like a road game.
If I am being honest, I am just tired of this franchise being a laughingstock. I hoped that would change with Monti and Gannon. This collapse doesn’t help that.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If I am being honest, I am just tired of this franchise being a laughingstock. I hoped that would change with Monti and Gannon. This collapse doesn’t help that.
Eh I said even during the good part of 2021 that the team wasn't built for long term success.

That's why I get frustrated with the consternation during the off-season. This team needs to bottom out and acquire picks, it's going that right now. It's not a fun process to watch, but it can work.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Eh I said even during the good part of 2021 that the team wasn't built for long term success.

That's why I get frustrated with the consternation during the off-season. This team needs to bottom out and acquire picks, it's going that right now. It's not a fun process to watch, but it can work.
How long, exactly, does the team need to be bottomed out before we see the process work? If the past seven decades wasn't long enough could you give us an estimate in elephant life spans?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard