Gameday thread Cardinals at Rams (London) 10-22-17

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My homeboys wanted me to play golf today. I said l no way, I'm watching Redbirds. It was a bad call, Ripley, a bad call.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Soft zone, passive defense. Yeah that's what I would call when down 23 points. Pathetic.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This is the type of Cards game that should now quickly spiral into full-blown blowout, accompanied by guys going down... I’d say it’s probably time to kiss the season buh-bye...

Yea... now Frostee goes down. Good God - can’t we just waive the white flag and call it a day before the football Gods decimate our entire team???

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know because Amos is the worst kicker in the nfl at the prime age of 57. Blaming Amos for everything is hilariously annoying. Players play, coaches coach. Our kicker has missed more fgs this year than he has his entire career in a single year. Kicking is a mental thing and right now Dawson is off. Budda baker and Brittaingolden have been our gunners all year and neither can tackle or contain the returner. Amos can tell them over and over again to break down and hold their lanes, but he can’t make them. Only thing he can do is bench them, but that’s the only reason why they are active. Players need to suck it up and take some pride in all aspects of the game.
Their team got the FG unit on the field, in position, no flags, very organized, blocked well and made the field goal with time expiring. Something we are incapable of doing. So yes, Amos should watch and learn from it.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I know because Amos is the worst kicker in the nfl at the prime age of 57. Blaming Amos for everything is hilariously annoying. Players play, coaches coach. Our kicker has missed more fgs this year than he has his entire career in a single year. Kicking is a mental thing and right now Dawson is off. Budda baker and Brittaingolden have been our gunners all year and neither can tackle or contain the returner. Amos can tell them over and over again to break down and hold their lanes, but he can’t make them. Only thing he can do is bench them, but that’s the only reason why they are active. Players need to suck it up and take some pride in all aspects of the game.

Sorry but I totally disagree. Splitting your gunners so wide they can easily be taken out of the play is coaching. Failing to cove punts by staying in your area is coaching or discipline (same responsibility). Even Peterson can’t return punts anymore with this blocking scheme. No kick off return to the 30 all year. Fair catching the ball twice in one game at the 5. One of the most reliable kickers in NFL history can’t kick with this team.

If this was a one year phenomena you could argue it’s all personnel. When it happens in multiple years it has to at least partially be coaching. There’s an old axiom in sports. If failure is widespread you can’t change all the players so try changing the coach. Look at the Rams primarily changing just the coaching.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Their team got the FG unit on the field, in position, no flags, very organized, blocked well and made the field goal with time expiring. Something we are incapable of doing. So yes, Amos should watch and learn from it.
Anyone giving Amos a pass and blaming the players is just plain obtuse.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Do you think the Cards practiced in the evening when the field was damp?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn