Gameday thread Cardinals at Rams (London) 10-22-17

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Uhh, I did read what he said.

I understand that but when consistently players who should make plays are out of position and there are mental errors. Heck he pointed out himself that Dawson was a stellar kicker his whole career and then comes here and he's aweful, but claims you cant blame the coach for that. My opinion is completely contrary. We've got guys that have been good ST players their whole career who come here and fall apart.

Yes, players make plays, but when an entire unit is a disaster you have to look at the top and not be myopic. We're simply saying hold the man in charge accountable and not give him a free pass under the incredibly weak excuse that "players make plays."

That works when you have a mistake here and there, not when you have consistent bad play from a specific unit week in and week out.
He’s seeing the trees despite the forrest.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m not claiming Amos is a great coach, but as soon as something goes wrong it’s instantly the coaches fault on the board. I’ve always been first to blame the players on the field. I agree coaches place their players in a position to succeed, but special teams are the easiest of the 3 phases to coach. For the most part it’s all universal. Fg, kickoff, and punting coverage are, for the most part, the same for every team. Where they can be creative is in there return game, fakes, and directional kicking. When Andy Lee punts the ball 52 yards and the closest gunner is 10 yards away Amos can’t be the blame for the gunner not getting there fast enough or Lee not getting enough hang time on his punt. That’s just my opinion....

I think you don’t get the nuances of special teams. I had an old man as a special teams coach in high school. He stressed fundamentals. But nothing strategic. As a result our special teams were “block and hope our great talented RB could do something.” In college I had special teams coach who was incredibly creative. And specific. Right down to how many seconds to hold verses block to optimize rush lanes. As a result our special teams, in all phases lead our league in every season. And that was college with player turnover every year. Coaches make a HUGE difference in the positive and negative.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He’s seeing the trees despite the forrest.

It's all good. Not like our opinions matter anyways. lol

If I had a manager whose team was not performing, I might accept the excuse that the team was weak or just making mistakes of their own for a while... But after 4 or 5 years of the same results, same mistakes, same head scratching blunders,,,, despite different players on the team,,,, I would fire that manager. All I'm saying.

Not worth arguing over. It's a hot mess I think we can all agree on that!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If it makes you guys feel any better, the Seahawks are losing to the Giants and they are fighting eachother on the sidelines. lol

#Silverlining

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bidwill wont fire keim even if he deserve to be fired
The excessive loyalty from ba to his coaches is the result of the softness of mr bidwill with his manager

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think you don’t get the nuances of special teams. I had an old man as a special teams coach in high school. He stressed fundamentals. But nothing strategic. As a result our special teams were “block and hope our great talented RB could do something.” In college I had special teams coach who was incredibly creative. And specific. Right down to how many seconds to hold verses block to optimize rush lanes. As a result our special teams, in all phases lead our league in every season. And that was college with player turnover every year. Coaches make a HUGE difference in the positive and negative.
I’m sure being an nfl coach he does the same. I’m not in the coaches room or at practices to say for sure obviously. I just think players deserve some accountability as much as Amos does, especially when it comes to missed fgs

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only pluses this game was that I had Zuerlein as my kicker and the Rams defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m sure being an nfl coach he does the same. I’m not in the coaches room or at practices to say for sure obviously. I just think players deserve some accountability as much as Amos does, especially when it comes to missed fgs
This is the first time I’ve seen you admit Amos deserves any accountability. The players are certainly not absolved of their shortcomings. But you have to get to the root of the problem, and when it’s systemic you have to look at constants and leadership and design. All three point to Amos.

If it were one or two facets of special teams or one or two years of down play I wouldn’t argue, but when it is FIVE SEASONS and EVERY SINGLE facet of special teams, it’s the coach.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is the first time I’ve seen you admit Amos deserves any accountability. The players are certainly not absolved of their shortcomings. But you have to get to the root of the problem, and when it’s systemic you have to look at constants and leadership and design. All three point to Amos.

If it were one or two facets of special teams or one or two years of down play I wouldn’t argue, but when it is FIVE SEASONS and EVERY SINGLE facet of special teams, it’s the coach.
I never said he wasn’t part of the problem, just like I never said he was a good coach. All I’ve said, and continuously have said, was the players need some accountability. I don’t think Dawson’s struggles are amos fault, but our lack of a return game is. Everyone assumed I was saying he was a good coach and it’s not his fault because I said I thought it was funny how Dawson missing a fg youth kickers can make is somehow Amos fault.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard