Game of Thrones (HBO)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Could we see, and could he be???

Cersei wants to burn King's Landing to the ground with wildfire. Could we see the prophecy come true when Jaime returns and kills her to stop it happening?

One theory I enjoy is that the High Sparrow is actually Howland Reed. Could he be?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Rumor is that Marjorie is slated to die.

I won't spoil it, but there is an article today that talks about 5 actors that are getting pay raises for season 7, including some of the people referred to in rumors posted here.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Rumor is that Marjorie is slated to die.

I won't spoil it, but there is an article today that talks about 5 actors that are getting pay raises for season 7, including some of the people referred to in rumors posted here.

are you thinking she is going to be killed off just because she didn't get a raise for the final two seasons?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
okay....refresh me....who the hell is howland reed?... also, on prophecy...are we talking about cersei's private prophecy from the village seer?..... it would be in character if Jamie did that,...he killed his king and destroyed his honor for the very same reason
Could we see, and could he be???

Cersei wants to burn King's Landing to the ground with wildfire. Could we see the prophecy come true when Jaime returns and kills her to stop it happening?

One theory I enjoy is that the High Sparrow is actually Howland Reed. Could he be?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
are you thinking she is going to be killed off just because she didn't get a raise for the final two seasons?
She is without a doubt the highest profile actor that didn't get a raise for next season, not including the kids.

Most everyone is expecting Cersei to die, but she is one of the 5, so she probably will not. Maisie Williams (Arya) and Sophie Turner (Sansa) are young, so they aren't included either. And neither one of them will almost certainly NOT die. Natalie Dormer, however, is starting to get a higher profile in movies, so she has opportunities outside of Game of Thrones that others might not have.

Stout

Reaction score
okay....refresh me....who the hell is howland reed?... also, on prophecy...are we talking about cersei's private prophecy from the village seer?..... it would be in character if Jamie did that,...he killed his king and destroyed his honor for the very same reason

Howland Reed is the warrior that wend with Ned and the only one who survived with him after the small battle at the Tower of Joy. He's never shown in the books or show, but he sends his daughter and son, Jojen and Meera, to help Bran. He was Ned's great friend and ally. Some think he's in KL doing revenge work for the Starks.

Yes, that's the prophecy in question. Cleganebowl was a popular theory, but it seems the show has ruled that out.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
okay,...so he was the one who stabbed the morning dawn fella in the back then?? I remember the kids, the girl is the one still with Bran right?... that would be a nice twist and a sweet bit of poetic justice if that were the case...was reed older than Ned?? seems the sparrow is quite a bit older than ned would be at this point....also,...wouldn't the Lannisters know him?....as for cleganes...I was thinking it would be cool if Brienne of Tarth actually killed the purple mountain....the chick who defeated both clagane giants,lol....but it might be much cooler if the hound actually kills his brother
Howland Reed is the warrior that wend with Ned and the only one who survived with him after the small battle at the Tower of Joy. He's never shown in the books or show, but he sends his daughter and son, Jojen and Meera, to help Bran. He was Ned's great friend and ally. Some think he's in KL doing revenge work for the Starks.

Yes, that's the prophecy in question. Cleganebowl was a popular theory, but it seems the show has ruled that out.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
cersei handled lots of problems in a single move...devastating...Tommen jumping caught me off guard...I am glad they revealed the origins of Jon Snow... now everyone knows but him,lol...They really played with the clock to get things moving in this episode...varys in dorne, ol'lady already knows the church blew, bam, varys on a boat with the Kaleesi and Tyrion.... I was surprised Jaimie was a non factor in this episode... Arya's homecoming was epic....fed the ol'bastard all of his sons in a pie...excellent!!...anyone else feel a little bit sorry for that septa cersei has in the dungeon?? Nah, me neither... was surprised to see purple mountains majesty take off his helmet though....so much was going on and moving forward it makes ya wonder if there is actually two seasons left or just one...then you consider the battle with the white walkers.... next season looks like it is going to be incredible
ok,...this has to be hands down the BEST season finale GoT has ever had!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For once the finale didn't disappoint after a great episode before. Wow....so much happened. Best show on TV.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah... For all my belly aching this season, that was easily the best finale they've ever had.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Top 3 episode in the series. Easily.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that episode was so good, it actually even retconned Arya's awful storyline into a winner by episode's end.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great finale, every story was moved forward and teased enough to make you interested in where it'll pick up. I think Bran's story could have used a little more setup but it was still good.

Side note, I'm surprised no one here has commented on how awesome Little Bear Mormont is. I know she's not a main character but a nice addition up north.

You must be registered for see images attach

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was insanely amazingly incredible.... Wow!!!!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Great finale. Took care of all the story lines in one episode.

Stout

Reaction score
cersei handled lots of problems in a single move...devastating...Tommen jumping caught me off guard...I am glad they revealed the origins of Jon Snow... now everyone knows but him,lol...They really played with the clock to get things moving in this episode...varys in dorne, ol'lady already knows the church blew, bam, varys on a boat with the Kaleesi and Tyrion.... I was surprised Jaimie was a non factor in this episode... Arya's homecoming was epic....fed the ol'bastard all of his sons in a pie...excellent!!...anyone else feel a little bit sorry for that septa cersei has in the dungeon?? Nah, me neither... was surprised to see purple mountains majesty take off his helmet though....so much was going on and moving forward it makes ya wonder if there is actually two seasons left or just one...then you consider the battle with the white walkers.... next season looks like it is going to be incredible
ok,...this has to be hands down the BEST season finale GoT has ever had!

Agreed. This was BY FAR the best episode in a season bereft of good episodes, and definitely the best 10th episode. I agree about the point catching you off guard--it got me as well. What if that hadn't happened? Would she have...? Hmm. Yeah, the timeline issues were off-the-charts bad, but at least the episode was good so I was able to push that out of mind whenever it popped up. They also kind of fizzled with the whisper we couldn't hear, but redeemed it by being absolutely clear as to the subject matter of it.

I called that Cersei was going to try to blow up KL, but I thought Jaime was going to come back to stop her. Yeah, wow, that was an explosive scene lol

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
it crosses my mind we may see a Targaryen dynasty such as has never been seen.... since R+L=J has now been shown true.... Jon Snow actually has a stronger claim to the iron throne than the Kaleesi does being the only surviving male heir to her eldest brother.... once all the truth comes out.... is it possible she hands westeros to her nephew Jon and goes back to the bay of dragons to ensure slavery never sets in new roots?.... more likely,...she leaves him as "King in the North" and has her new hand rule from KL when she needs to go back across the sea?
Agreed. This was BY FAR the best episode in a season bereft of good episodes, and definitely the best 10th episode. I agree about the point catching you off guard--it got me as well. What if that hadn't happened? Would she have...? Hmm. Yeah, the timeline issues were off-the-charts bad, but at least the episode was good so I was able to push that out of mind whenever it popped up. They also kind of fizzled with the whisper we couldn't hear, but redeemed it by being absolutely clear as to the subject matter of it.

I called that Cersei was going to try to blow up KL, but I thought Jaime was going to come back to stop her. Yeah, wow, that was an explosive scene lol

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Interesting parallel: The Red Wedding was a conspiracy among House Lannister, House Bolton, and House Frey. At the Red Wedding, they shot Robb with crossbows, they stabbed Talisa in the belly, and they slit Catelyn's throat.

The head of House Lannister got killed by a crossbow.

The head of House Bolton got stabbed in the belly.

The head of House Frey got his throat slit.

(Taken from another board)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So I get the women in the tower of joy is Jon snows mom, but who is she, a targaryen? The daughter of the guy Ned starks killed?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
So I get the women in the tower of joy is Jon snows mom, but who is she, a targaryen? The daughter of the guy Ned starks killed?
Lyanna Stark - Ned's sister