Game of Thrones (HBO)

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Predictions for next season:

Milesandre joins with the Brothers without Banners. They are heading North and she South

Bran going through the wall after being touched by the Night King will destroy it.

Maggy's prophecy was not about Tyrion, but Jamie

Dany and Jon Snow wed forging a bond between the Queen of KL and the King of the North to fight to last battle against Winter

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Attempted to explain is right, because it was so hamfisted. I'm not assuming the timelines match up, as it is impossible to do that, but geeze, they need to at least make an effort. I'm not being facetious when I say it's starting to feel like portal fantasy.

No kidding! That was a good setup and, perhaps, sets the course for a certain prophecy to be fulfilled.

Here's my call... I think he dies in her arms like he spoke about... but it's a murder/suicide thing he pulls off to put her down and put himself out of his own misery.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing that disappointed me at all...no White Walkers. Even a glimpse of them would have been OK with me. I just don't think they can really stretch that out any longer. I mean, the White Walker army must really love to camp out, tell ghost stories and make smores at the rate that army moves.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only thing that disappointed me at all...no White Walkers. Even a glimpse of them would have been OK with me. I just don't think they can really stretch that out any longer. I mean, the White Walker army must really love to camp out, tell ghost stories and make smores at the rate that army moves.

Where would they go?

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Another theory for the future:

The Twins is where humanity will make its stand against the WWs. It is the chokepoint where Northerners will rally after retreating from the initial surge. And now that the Freys no longer control it, who will? My guess is this is where Edmure Tully tries to seek redemption.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where would they go?

They don't have to "go" anywhere. Just seeing them pillaging more territory in the North would have been nice. It's sort of weird that when we do see them onscreen they run though everything like wildfire and yet they still seem like the slowest moving army EVER. Although, based on the last two episodes you can see they blew their FX budget. Heck, they couldn't afford to bring in a CGI wolf for Jon.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but what happened to the son of Robert Baratheon that no one knew about? I think he was with Arya Stark on one point.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but what happened to the son of Robert Baratheon that no one knew about? I think he was with Arya Stark on one point.

He's still rowing and get swole.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
What about the fact that she likely came back to Westeros via King's Landing, yet she totally bypassed Cerci in order to cross Frey off her list? She traveled over the Sea and half a continent for revenge, but now she'll have to double back to pick off a target now under substantially more security now that she is Queen.

Braavos is in the north,...a boat from Bravvos can slip into the bay of crabs and upriver to the twins faster than it could get to Kings Landing.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They don't have to "go" anywhere. Just seeing them pillaging more territory in the North would have been nice. It's sort of weird that when we do see them onscreen they run though everything like wildfire and yet they still seem like the slowest moving army EVER. Although, based on the last two episodes you can see they blew their FX budget. Heck, they couldn't afford to bring in a CGI wolf for Jon.

Haven't all of the Wildlings been killed or come south? What is left in the North but the walkers?

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Speaking of the wall. I know the earlier explanation of the Knights Watch and their purpose including the wall.

However, after this episodes and listening to Benjen Stark and him explaining the wardings built into the wall that changes the view and purpose of the wall all together. So how did Benjen know about the original construction but everyone else on the Knights Watch seems to have forgotten? Did he try and cross the wall after what happened to him? They kind of glossed over that part but it appears the Knights Watch and the wall were never just about separating the two areas. Maybe that knowledge was just lost over time.

Benjen knew because the Children of the Forest told him, maybe? The same ones that brought him back and prevented him from turning. I don't think he knew of the spells and wardings when he was First Ranger.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Haven't all of the Wildlings been killed or come south? What is left in the North but the walkers?

Maybe there are more Children of the Forest that they are hunting down out of revenge. Or maybe they are looking for the Horn of Winter up there?

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe there are more Children of the Forest that they are hunting down out of revenge. Or maybe they are looking for the Horn of Winter up there?

No proof of more Children and no horns in the show.

There is no compelling reason to show the Walkers until they breach the Wall.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
No proof of more Children and no horns in the show.

There is no compelling reason to show the Walkers until they breach the Wall.

Sam found a horn buried with dragonglass north of the wall. The WW's don't know that happened, I think. I have to believe it comes back into play at some point. Probably, in his training, he learns how to repair it and inadvertently destroys the wall.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did they establish there is nothing left in the North? I don't recall that.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did they establish there is nothing left in the North? I don't recall that.

I mean, not explicitly, but they did establish that all the free folk join with Mance, then Jon at Hardhome.

Bran was with the Children and Three Eyed Raven before that blew up as well. Anything else would be completely new introductions.

My point is, they can't yet go South, so yeah, they are just "hanging out".

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, not explicitly, but they did establish that all the free folk join with Mance, then Jon at Hardhome.

Bran was with the Children and Three Eyed Raven before that blew up as well. Anything else would be completely new introductions.

My point is, they can't yet go South, so yeah, they are just "hanging out".

Assuming that is true. It would seem at the very least, they would gather at the wall. Any normal army would gather at a siege point until that time comes. It's not as if anybody could do anything about it. Plus it would be fun to see the Knights Watch freak out.

I really think it has more to do with budget since most of those scenes are so CGI heavy.