Gambo says...

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo says two possiblities.

Suns dangling Atlanta pick + 24 for top ten pick. Possibilities being Sac, Cha, Atl.

or

A player package to move up into the top ten. Most likely Marion.

More to come after they b.s. for a half hour.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASFN has kicked around two possiblities for four days.

Suns dangling Atlanta pick + 24 for top ten pick. Possibilities being Sac, Cha, Atl.

or

A player package to move up into the top ten. Most likely Marion.

More to come.

ftfy

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we were planning on just moving up to 10 or 11, why the Hell would we work out 4 prospects that for all intents and purposes don't have a reasonble chance to be there.....

Charlotte is a possibility, but don't think ATL pick/#24 is enough, IMo..

I don't think Gambo has a clue on whats going on behind the scenes this time for the suns, IMO

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we were planning on just moving up to 10 or 11, why the Hell would we work out 4 prospects that for all intents and purposes don't have a reasonble chance to be there.....

Charlotte is a possibility, but don't think ATL pick/#24 is enough, IMo..

I don't think Gambo has a clue on whats going on behind the scenes this time for the suns, IMO

I disagree. Gambo and Ash might not be right all the time but they usually have some good info compared to other radio and print hacks in AZ.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Atlanta does not have the cap space to absorb Marion without players coming back. I don't see it considering their roster.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just thought of this.

Is there any thought of the Suns trying to aquire a top 10 pick, so that they can use it to aquire KG?

Marion + KT + top 10 this year might be enough.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Atlanta does not have the cap space to absorb Marion without players coming back. I don't see it considering their roster.

Atlanta's hard to deal with for any players because JJ is their only substantial contract. Everything else is ~ MLE or rookie contract.

Doesn't make a deal with them impossible, though, just tricky.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I disagree. Gambo and Ash might not be right all the time but they usually have some good info compared to other radio and print hacks in AZ.

i actually agree with you.. They do have good information SOMETIMES...

But there are other times Gambo just speculates and people think because he has been right before, then he must be right now...

I would say on the whole, Gambo is probably more often right than wrong.... but for this particular instance, I think he's wrong... I don't think he has any inside information, any more than we do...

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just thought of this.

Is there any thought of the Suns trying to aquire a top 10 pick, so that they can use it to aquire KG?

Marion + KT + top 10 this year might be enough.

Good point. Maybe that was a major hang up.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
There are so many factors and options that are going into all these rumors and deals right now it's impossible to keep up with them all.

Thursday, for the love of Pete, please come already.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
No point in debating Gambo's credentials for this 'rumor'. Even if it's impeccably sourced, it's still not worth anything.

I mean, what possibility did he exclude here? That a top-10 team would give the Suns their pick out of charity?

asudevil83

Reaction score
i'm going to stick with my theory that Gambo/Ash get ALL of their information from this place lately. they seem to know just about as much as we do

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm going to stick with my theory that Gambo/Ash get ALL of their information from this place lately. they seem to know just about as much as we do

Gambo is actually right about what he saying about the Trade Kicker right now. You can't waive the trade kicker to waive it. You can only waive it to make a trade fit within the 125% if your sending more salary.

He is stating that the Suns are still in talks with MT for KG. However, they are working on other trades.

Ash thinks that the Suns might be working out players because they are getting the #7 from the MT. Interesting theory.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo is actually right about what he saying about the Trade Kicker right now. You can't waive the trade kicker to waive it. You can only waive it to make a trade fit within the 125% if your sending more salary.

He is stating that the Suns are still in talks with MT for KG. However, they are working on other trades.

Ash thinks that the Suns might be working out players because they are getting the #7 from the MT. Interesting theory.

If they are getting the #7 from Minnesota, maybe it is because we are getting the #7 and KG for Amare.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they are getting the #7 from Minnesota, maybe it is because we are getting the #7 and KG for Amare.

I think that was what Ash was saying. He said it would make sense if you believe the trade was going through that we could be getting the MT #7 as well which would explain the rash of recent work outs.

asudevil83

Reaction score

eh....i posted that same thing friday in response to your the whole trade kicker question.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1396674#post1396674

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
eh....i posted that same thing friday in response to your the whole trade kicker question.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1396674#post1396674

eh.....I actually did see that and sense that post I also responded. After reading the rule, my interpretation is that you in fact cannot waive a trade kicker just to waive it. If the salary from a deal is within the 125% you cannot waive the kicker. The only time you can is if waiving it will bring you within the 125% so that a deal can get done.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
from phxsuns.net

Did anyone here listen to Gambo and Ash today? Apparently this was the scenario (posted from another board).

the other rumors involves Marion and our 29th pick for the 4th pick and Mike Miller and Stomile Swift. We would still own our 24th pick and Atlanta's pick for 08.... Then the Suns could trade the 24th, Atlanta's pick 08 and James Jones for the 8th pick. could we possiblebly have 2 top 10 draft picks????? I heard that the Suns front office are jumping for joy becouse of the though of getting #4 and #8...Corey Brewer and Jokim Noah?????

http://phxsuns.net/index.php?name=P...ays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=gambo&start=175

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
the other rumors involves Marion and our 29th pick for the 4th pick and Mike Miller and Stomile Swift.

That's a spectacular trade for the Suns, and therefore pretty unlikely to happen.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
the other rumors involves Marion and our 29th pick for the 4th pick and Mike Miller and Stomile Swift.

That's a spectacular trade for the Suns, and therefore pretty unlikely to happen.
Yes, that would be a GREAT trade for the Suns, though I like to think the Grizz would be thrilled to get Swifts deal off the books, and replace it with a Shawn Marion, but it's a still a stretch.