Fulham Football Club Thread

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Been a long time since I posted on this thread but here is an update on Fulham. Going through managers Fulham might have finally found their guy. Slavisa Jokanovic started about 2 months ago. Team started out not doing so well under him with a lot of 1 goal losses or draws. Probably due to the coach trying to figure out the best starting 11. Despite scoring the 2nd most goals in the league as of last week the team was 1 point away from relegation but have bounced back this week with 2 wins and now are 7 points away from danger with 6 games left. 2 more wins would secure a spot in the Championship next year. Only one of the 6 opponents is under Fulham in the table so it might be last game win or go down scenario for the team.

COYW!!!!

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So far Fulham started the season off undefeated after 4 games. 3 wins and 1 draw. Still a lot of FOOTBALL to be played.

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fulham suffered the first loss of the season Saturday as they lost to Birmingham 1-0. Only goal was a penalty shot. Was actually the second Birmingham PK of the game with the goalie stopping the other one. Fulham had a man sent off before half time so it is hard to win or draw a game when down a person. Hopefully the Lads can regroup for their next game.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I hate that I have to root against you lot because you're an 'enemy' to Newcastle's promotion prospects. In the abstract, I want us winning the league and you lot finishing second; for the moment, I have to root against Fulham :(

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hate that I have to root against you lot because you're an 'enemy' to Newcastle's promotion prospects. In the abstract, I want us winning the league and you lot finishing second; for the moment, I have to root against Fulham :(

I have no problem with that. Again I hope both our teams are promoted.

Stout

Reaction score
Big day for Fulham. Honestly, I'm torn between liking Fulham and wanting them to go back up, and wanting Newcastle to buy Cairney. I'll watch and just hope for a good game.

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Big day for Fulham. Honestly, I'm torn between liking Fulham and wanting them to go back up, and wanting Newcastle to buy Cairney. I'll watch and just hope for a good game.

Unfortunately I have to work so will miss the game since it is on at 1:45 CST. Will be following online though. Watched the first leg Saturday. Fulham had the game. Numerous chances to score and win but could not do it. Reading on the other hand scored on their only shot on goal. Leading up to that shot were some dubious ref noncalls but that happens in every game. One good thing is McShane for Reading is out this game and the next due to a red card for giving a boot to the knee on a Fulham player.

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I actually get this game on BeIn's Spanish channel. I'll definitely be watching.

Well that was a big dissapointment. Onto Next Year but I feel they will lose Cairney, Segusson and a few others for some big money. Hopefully take the money and restock the squad for a run to the League title next year.

Good luck to New Castle in the EPL next year.

Stout

Reaction score
Well that was a big dissapointment. Onto Next Year but I feel they will lose Cairney, Segusson and a few others for some big money. Hopefully take the money and restock the squad for a run to the League title next year.

Good luck to New Castle in the EPL next year.

Yeah, I was sorry to see it. I couldn't root against Fulham, so basically just rooted for goals whenever either team went down the pitch. Fulham definitely had their chances, but couldn't put it in the net.

Selling Cairney should fund quite a lot for Fulham. I think you should keep hold of the other youngster, though, if you can.

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, I was sorry to see it. I couldn't root against Fulham, so basically just rooted for goals whenever either team went down the pitch. Fulham definitely had their chances, but couldn't put it in the net.

Selling Cairney should fund quite a lot for Fulham. I think you should keep hold of the other youngster, though, if you can.

Rumor is Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U are all interested in Segusson. I want him to stay and develope some more since he is only 16 but if they are offered 15 million pounds for him that is hard to pass up.

Stout

Reaction score
Wow, between him and Cairney, you could get 30 million plus!

So it's to be Reading and Huddersfield Town to battle for promotion. I'm rooting for Reading, because they have two US players, and Newcastle are said to be interested in Mooy.

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow, between him and Cairney, you could get 30 million plus!

So it's to be Reading and Huddersfield Town to battle for promotion. I'm rooting for Reading, because they have two US players, and Newcastle are said to be interested in Mooy.

Now that I an over the dissappointment of the playoff lose I think the Reading Coach deserves a lot of credit for the way he prepared their game plan against Fulham. Fulham was the better offensive team and he seemed to play two defensive games with idea of stealing a game winner. Especially after McShane was sent off in the first game with the score 1-1 with about 25 minutes left. He played one forwarded and everybody else in the box. Fulham just could not break through. Statistically Fulham controlled both games but if you cannot score it means nothing.

Fulham made probably their best hire as a coach this season. It would not surprise me if he is snatched up by some other club in the EPL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson