Fulham Football Club Thread

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes there is a Fulham Football supporter here. We may be in the Championship League after 13 years in the Premier but we will be back in the top flight soon. We have a mixture of young and older players just now learning how to play with each other. Started off the season bad but have come on lately. Currently about 12 points away from a playoff spot with quite a few games left.

COYW!!!!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Good luck to Fulham. I'd love to have them back in the Premier League. Having had so many U.S. players, I always had a soft spot for them.

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
Good luck to Fulham. I'd love to have them back in the Premier League. Having had so many U.S. players, I always had a soft spot for them.

When ESPN started regularly showing Premier League games, over a decade ago, many of them were of Fulham with Carlos Bocanegra and Brian McBride. Then Clint Dempsey moved to London and it was great to watch his game improve. Rooting for the Craven Cottage lads to return.

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In 1986 I was stationed in Lakenheath RAF Base. Decided I was going to go to a "football" game in London. The only game I could get tickets to was Fulham. Really enjoyed Craven Cottage and have been a fan of the whites ever since. During my time over there been to Craven Cottage 4 times but not since I left in 1988. One day I will make it back there to watch them play one last time. I was able to go see them play last summer in Jacksonville Florida. It was awesome.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Fulham is everything I hate in an English football team.

No history.
Poor fans.
Money pumped into them to get them to the top from rich owner.

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fulham is everything I hate in an English football team.

No history.
Poor fans.
Money pumped into them to get them to the top from rich owner.

To each there own but do not call me a poor Fulham fan. I still follow them since 1986 even though I live in St. Louis Missouri. That is the United States you dolt.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
To each there own but do not call me a poor Fulham fan. I still follow them since 1986 even though I live in St. Louis Missouri. That is the United States you dolt.

When did I call you a poor fan?!

Quite clearly I was talking in general. Fulham have a lot of fans who just go so they can say they've gone to a football match. They even have a mixed away fans section.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
The mixed end is odd.

But if it helps create real fans for Fulham along the way the good on them. Its things like this that got CFSL into it too.

They have certainly been boosted up the pecking order with MAF's wedge but these things happen all the time. Football normally sorts itself back round again once the money goes away.

I really like Craven Cottage like I said, a lot of time for old school grounds like that. And anyway, we will be meeting CFSL at the cottage if the Cards even get a Wembley game ;)

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Hey, I too support Fulham! I picked them as my English club a few years back, so haven't been a fan for long...

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey, I too support Fulham! I picked them as my English club a few years back, so haven't been a fan for long...

Cool. They may be coming to the US to play this summer. Last year they played in Jacksonville in July.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pulling for them to make it back up. Where are they in the Championship table at the moment?

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They are 12 points from a playoff position with about 17 games left so they need to string together some wins.

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not the best of seasons but at least we will not be relegated further. It will take a monster collaspe for Fulham to be relegated. Need to retool and develop the young players for next season.

COYW

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well the English Football Season is upon us. Fulham travel to South Wales to play Cardiff City to open the season. They have signed a few players in the offseason. Remains to be seen how they work together as a team.

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fulham played their first home game of the season today. Lost 2-1 to Brighton. From what I read the Cottagers outplayed Brighton in the second half but could not score. 2 mistakes on defense caused this loss. Last one happened in the 94th minute leading to a penalty shot conversion for Brighton. Pictures I saw show the foul committed outside the box. Oh well things happen.

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fulham reportedly signed USNMT Center Back Tim Ream from Bolton. Good move for them since CB play has been lacking in the first 2 games this year.

Also reporting they are going after Gayle striker from Crystal Palace. That would be another decent pickup if it happened.

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This past Saturday's game was different than usual. In the previous game Fulham lost there goalie to injury. Ligament damage and out for a few months. So the backup goalie played and Fulham was losing but Woodrow scored the tieing goal in the last few minutes. Interesting since in the 3 previous games it was Fulham giving up the last minute goal to either draw or lose the game. Gladly taking the point.

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fulham won a league game finally. Was against a current bottom dweller but a win is a win. I will take it.

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fulham game was actually on BEIN sports at 5:55am in St. Louis. So I was able to watch them live for a change. They won their second league game in a row. Played a great first half in which they were up 2-0. Won the game 2-1 after giving up a stupid penalty halfway through the second half. If it was not for the goalie Fulham would have lost this game by 3+ goals. He made one outstanding save after another. Season is still early so a lot of Football to be played.

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fulham destroyed their West London rivals QPR last Friday by a score of 4-0. McCormack is having a great season so far. Scored 2 more goals Friday. Hope we can keep him when the transfer window opens up again in January.