? From Broncos fan...Are you rootin for Jake in the playoffs?

OrangeCrush

Reaction score
Yeah OK, OK I'm trollin'. Just wanted to ask the question though. I know Jake didn't work out in AZ and from what I've read in the past threads you guys don't absolutley HATE the guy. He did play his college ball there too. So are you guys hoping the best for him in the playoffs? Just curious. Well good luck for next season as well as the draft...hope you guys pick up a couple of studs....BTW they're all not in the first round our O-line is made up of 4th rounders and up!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by OrangeCrush
Ahhh...already discussed my apologies. So from what I've read the answer is a resounding "Hell No!!"

Actually I interpruted it differently; the vote was 38-23, so will most of us will not, I wouldn't call it "resounding" not would I put the word "Hell" in front of "no.".

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jake is gone. Most of us have moved on.

He gave us some good times and bad times but it was time for him to go.

OP
OP
O

OrangeCrush

Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah
Actually I interpruted it differently; the vote was 38-23, so will most of us will not, I wouldn't call it "resounding" not would I put the word "Hell" in front of "no.".

As you wish. My response has been edited.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you wish. My response has been edited.

LOL! No, my response wasn't to chastise you for saying Hell--it was to say that I didn't think the lack of support for Jake isn't as "resounding" as you make it out to be.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion

Exactly.

Hey Orange Crush - are you pulling for Brian Griese?

Personally, I pull for the players on my team and once they're gone, they're gone.

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion

Orange,

The above really says it all.....:D

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
Jake took out two pages of the Newspapers to say thanks to the Cards and its fans and the people of AZ and said how much he will miss it and AZ will always be his home. Now the question is has Jake bashed AZ or the Cards since he has left? If the answer is yes then he can rott in hell, if the answer is no then I will root for him since he is the closest thing to the Cardinals for the playoffs (considering they still sell his jersey at the team shop)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow...Was he convicted? To be honest never heard anything about the incident.

Nah, Jake apologized for his actions and settled out of court with all of them and the case died.

OP
OP
O

OrangeCrush

Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
Exactly.

Hey Orange Crush - are you pulling for Brian Griese?

Well I can't say that I did this year. But he left here on bad terms and from what I know Jake left there on pretty decent terms. So there is a difference. Truth be told when Sharpe was with the Ravens I rooted for him. I'm pretty sure if you asked the Chargers fans if they would back Junior (providing the 'Phins made the playoffs) the "yes" would outweigh the "no's"

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

OrangeCrush

Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
Nah, Jake apologized for his actions and settled out of court with all of them and the case died.

Wow. Commit a crime and prosper in NFL. Jake and Ray Lewis (just to name a few) have something in common.

OP
OP
O

OrangeCrush

Reaction score
Originally posted by 100%CardsFan
Jake took out two pages of the Newspapers to say thanks to the Cards and its fans and the people of AZ and said how much he will miss it and AZ will always be his home. Now the question is has Jake bashed AZ or the Cards since he has left? If the answer is yes then he can rott in hell, if the answer is no then I will root for him since he is the closest thing to the Cardinals for the playoffs (considering they still sell his jersey at the team shop)

Wow pretty classy of him! Griese didn't do that for us! And from what I know I've never heard Jake bad-mouth AZ.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I, for one, will root for him. A lot of people here are in denial. It's become obvious (to the more objective folks) that the QB position was not the main problem here. We got lots of other holes to fill!

But he did burn some bridges with the fans when he shouted out to the stands "&uck you!" after some booed him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
My brother worked with a guy that had a daughter who was at Club Rio the night that Jake fondled and kicked the victim in his assault.

The man said that Jake saw his daughter on campus, and threatened her. He said that very bad things would happen to her if she told what she saw.

My brother's coworker said that if he ever saw Jake, he would break his arm; the guy was an Ex-Navy Seal and meant business.

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
This year's board theme is: "It's the coaches' fault"... last year it was "Jake the Fake's fault"... Perhaps, if we'd have reversed the theme we'd still have Jake with a new coaching staff... and something to cheer about as the playoffs approach. That said; I'll certainly be following Denver's progress... and cheering for Jake!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by DeAnna
I, for one, will root for him. A lot of people here are in denial. It's become obvious (to the more objective folks) that the QB position was not the main problem here. We got lots of other holes to fill!

But he did burn some bridges with the fans when he shouted out to the stands "&uck you!" after some booed him.

I disagree. Sure Jake has had some success with the Broncos, but he isn't exactly lighting the world on fire either. The guy plays in one of the least sophisticated pass offenses in the league.

He also has given the fans in Denver more effort; it has been reported that Jake never watched film and never attended offseason workouts here.

That alone makes me hope he fails; he never worked hard to win here, and any fan of this team should take that as a slap in the face considering the support we gave him, and the money our team paid him.

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah

Don't quite understand what you are saying. The vote is 39/23 for those who answered favourably to the question: "Will you root for Jake...etc..."

OP
OP
O

OrangeCrush

Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
My brother's coworker said that if he ever saw Jake, he would break his arm; the guy was an Ex-Navy Seal and meant business.

So its safe to say your brother's co-worker will NOT be rooting for Jake. If he does find Jake...Please let him break the left ulna or radius not the humorus(sp?)...no compound breaks either.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison