OK State @ ASU, 7:30 PM Sat.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like OK State also had an underwhelming performance in week 1. Both teams should come out with something to prove...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It would be nice to see the ASU offense put two good halves of football together this week.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's actually encouraging, lol

That second half last week really soured my Koolaid
I still maintain that huge delay was more beneficial to SUU than ASU. Yes, only scoring 3 points is concerning but I am also willing to give some leeway due to the delay.

I don’t think the temperature matters to a team like Oklahoma State. This is an interesting game in that it will really tell us where the program is currently at. It’s also an opportunity to establish something against a new conference rival.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anybody heard whether DT's Cooper and Fite are still out?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WHEW!!

Conyers being out would suck but if there is a position group that could withstand an injury, it is probably the TE group.

Happy to hear it was a precautionary move rather than an injury

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Rashada gets the start again. I would imagine he's on a short leash if the offense doesn't start clicking.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Here's the post practice report:

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drew Pyne is viewed week to week with Jaden Rashada to start against Oklahoma State.

Last edited:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
@AZ Native Did you recover yet from the Haboob bowl? Did you have to camp out?

Yeah, we barely caught the last light rail. We were at the station when they were resuming the game. We were going to go back in but checked the schedule and if we didn't catch that train it was 5:06 am for the next one. So we left but my niece was on her phone and kept us updated. We'll try again on Saturday night.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, we barely caught the last light rail. We were at the station when they were resuming the game. We were going to go back in but checked the schedule and if we didn't catch that train it was 5:06 am for the next one. So we left but my niece was on her phone and kept us updated. We'll try again on Saturday night.

Wow, what an experience that must have been! One for the history books.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's cooking?

It could be the hottest game on record at Mountain America Stadium with a temperature of 107 degrees at kickoff.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's cooking?

It could be the hottest game on record at Mountain America Stadium with a temperature of 107 degrees at kickoff.

107 is hot for certain. I’m just not sure a team like Oklahoma State will have an issue with it. The heat matters when you are getting beat. When you are winning the heat is an afterthought

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
107 is hot for certain. I’m just not sure a team like Oklahoma State will have an issue with it. The heat matters when you are getting beat. When you are winning the heat is an afterthought
And Norman is hot too.

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
It matters at the end of the game. Oklahoma is hot but they don't have the sustained heat we deal with everyday. It won't matter if we are down 3 scores entering the 4th. If we can keep it close then all of those practices outside in August will hopefully make a difference.

I'm getting jacked up for this game. Can't wait!

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It matters at the end of the game. Oklahoma is hot but they don't have the sustained heat we deal with everyday. It won't matter if we are down 3 scores entering the 4th. If we can keep it close then all of those practices outside in August will hopefully make a difference.

Preach it!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They have sustained heat this time of year but your point is echoing what I am saying. The heat matters to the team getting whipped.

I’ve been saying it for awhile…this game is going to tell us where this program is at in the rebuild and it’s an opportunity to make an early statement against a future conference rival.

I am jacked up for this game

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I am excited to see what Rashada does in a typical game timeline (hopefully no ridiculous delay) and what he can do against a significant step up in competition.