Free MMO baseball game (if you like fantasy sports check this out)

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So today i was bored of the games I had been playing and wanted to see if there was any good free baseball games out there. Well I found this beauty http://mlbdugoutheroes.gamescampus.com/. The game is basically a fantasy baseball gurus dream. You choose your team and start off playing with the 09 version of the MLB team you took (I of course chose the Dbacks, dont worry though all teams are even but they try to make the good players good. so no taking the yankees wont give you an upper hand)

So you play a few games and as you do good your players start leveling up in that category pwr, hitting, speed, fielding ect.

The free in game currency is called "nuts" which you get for winning/playing in games. you can use the nuts to upgrade a pitcher or batters equipment, or (this is really fun) save up and get a mystery baseball card and whoever that card is you can choose for him to play on your team or just toss it. the cool thing is you can get these cards from ANY year from 00 to 08 i believe also split in NL/AL "card packs". so if you want that 2003 mark mcguire bad enough on your team you can most certainly try and get him..though chances are pretty slim.

I think the best player so far that ive seen is griffey jr 02' from the card pulls. (on someone elses team of course.

it looks like a suped up version of wii baseball.

anyhoo. im really bad at explaining things but its a great game. try it out.

my name is wolfparade if anyone wants to play.

OP
OP
J

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alright so which one of you is "MyDbacks"? anyone?

if anyone wants some pointers id be more than willing to help ya out too =)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
People on that game are ********. If you don't throw stikes they call all pissed and start talking crap to you. This one guy kept saying "I'm going to throw the same way to you" (I have never figured out how to chat). So the guy throws me 4 straight balls and gets even more upset with me because I didn't swing.

I hate people

OP
OP
J

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
People on that game are ********. If you don't throw stikes they call all pissed and start talking crap to you. This one guy kept saying "I'm going to throw the same way to you" (I have never figured out how to chat). So the guy throws me 4 straight balls and gets even more upset with me because I didn't swing.

I hate people

youre playing the right way. dont worry about it. the rookie channel is full of noobs. Once you get a little higher youll start facing players that actually throw balls AND strikes.
When I first started playing I used to get yelled at for not throwing all stikes, so I felt kinda bad and started thrwoing strikes to a guy I was beating and he ended up coming back and winning.
I decided at that point I wasnt going to let some crybaby dictate how I play the game.
Now If people tell me to throw strikes I just tell them not to swing at junk. My eye is usually better than theirs so if they start throwing all balls, Ill either take the walk or wait for a strike and nail the SH out of it.

theres and option to turn chat off if you dont want to listen to the kids whine. Also the way you talk back is just by pressing enter and typing in your message. Its a lilttle tricky since you have to do it in between plays real quick.

Lemme know if you want to play sometime, I can give you some good tips.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yea I'd like to play a game with you. I have figured a few things out... like people like balls inside so they can turn on them. I rarely throw inside the zone because they'll be in the parking lot

OP
OP
J

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
yea, the key is to throw either balls right on the edge of the strike zone so they swing, or strikes right on the edge so they think its a ball and dont swing. I throw about 65% of my pitches down low and outside.. for now you can probably get away with throwing some high heat out of the strike zone as people cant resist it..and if its far enough up it usually ends up being a pop up. Obviously, you dont want to pitch in patterns..as the good players will pick up on it whithin about 3 innings. another quick trick is the fastball/change up. you can take the arc off the change up by not giving it any power so it will be harder identify. basically making it look even more like a fastball that you just pitched or may pitch next ;)

hopefully youve figured out that you need to rest your players by swaping them out every few games. youll be looking forward to alot of errors if you dont.

whats your screen name, ill come and observe a few of your games.

Last edited: