free agent options

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I'm hearing rumors the Knicks might be interested in trading for Bledsoe (not likely) but also Knight be included in a trade to move Anthony. The only problem with the latter the Knicks would want compensation.

Moving Knight would be a highlight of the summer if the Suns did not have to give up a first round pick or a player they like.
Does Melo actually have positive trade value?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Frank is Nikita? So he starts with Ulis being number two? What do we need Noah for? Is Frank that much better than Bledsoe?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bledsoe for Frank/Noah.

Frank has shown nothing, even missing Summer League, and Noah is on one of the worst contracts in the league. You don't trade your best player for a crap contract and an unproven foreign guard, who is already injured.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only 1st I'd consider is next year's Miami pick but I'd hope we got something in return, a young player who hasn't shown much or even NY's 2nd rounder in 2019, we don't need it next year since we already have 2.

Maybe we could convince NY into a deal where they had the right to swap 1st's with the Miami picks we own. They might not get anything from it but they definitely wouldn't lose anything. Hornacek is familiar with Knight so I imagine he has some say in their acquiring him. I'd hate to just give up the 2021 pick since there is no protection and there's a chance that Riley is gone by then, he is 72 now, but letting NY swap wouldn't leave us empty handed.

I dislike giving up draft picks to move Knight whether it is in 2018 or 2021. The 2018 pick might be the best pick to trade if necessary but there is no reason protection cannot be put on the 2021 pick.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Frank has shown nothing, even missing Summer League, and Noah is on one of the worst contracts in the league. You don't trade your best player for a crap contract and an unproven foreign guard, who is already injured.

I realize Noah is a terrible contract that's why any team who wanted Porzingis would've had to take him (as well as giving much more than Bledsoe).

As for Frank he was a top-10 prospect and would fit the timeline. Everyone is unproven until they're not.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Don't give up assets to rid yourself of a player who isn't killing your cap space or creating waves.

Unless it's 2007, you have a championship contender, and the player in question is your best defensive big man. In that case, be sure to bundle as many assets as possible.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless it's 2007, you have a championship contender, and the player in question is your best defensive big man. In that case, be sure to bundle as many assets as possible.

Sigh. "Let it go, let it go."

I know. Its a cruel thing to say to a music guy.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is important that we do not over value that 2018 Miami pick. I suspect it will be in the 20s.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More from Scott Bordow.

There’s no news on the status of center Alex Len, a restricted free agent who was extended a one-year, $4.2 million qualifying offer in late June. The free-agent market has been slow for big men, with Len, Mason Plumlee and Nerlens Noel all having unresolved contract situations.

The news is not there is anything new about Alex Len but there is a reporter at azcentral who is actively covering the Suns again.

Welcome.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...-marquese-chriss-nba-summer-league/486549001/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure this is up yet but I will go ahead and post it. It's the first thing I have heard about Len in awhile.

McDonough said the Suns are still waiting to here from Len after extending him a one-year, $4.2 million qualifying offer.

“It’s up to Alex and his agent,” McDonough said. “It’s on the table. We’d like to have him back.”

Also found out Ulis has gained 10 pounds.

McDonough said Ulis, who underwent ankle surgery in mid-May, should be fully healthy for training camp. He said Ulis, who has added 10 pounds, is expected to be cleared to participate in five-on-five drills sometime in August.

Now Ulis can bang with the big boys. :)

Article by Scott Bordow, azcentral sports

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...ms-appreciates-new-3-year-contract/514366001/

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah... no one is upping Len's 4.2 mil qualifying offer... wow. I hadn't looked to see what it was but I'm surprised it is that low, I figured it would be around 6 or 7 mil.

I know I've said it a lot, but guys like him just are not useful in the modern NBA. If you're a slow, plodding big man with zero offensive game you better be a flat out stud on defense and he isn't.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah... no one is upping Len's 4.2 mil qualifying offer... wow. I hadn't looked to see what it was but I'm surprised it is that low, I figured it would be around 6 or 7 mil.

I know I've said it a lot, but guys like him just are not useful in the modern NBA. If you're a slow, plodding big man with zero offensive game you better be a flat out stud on defense and he isn't.
What a change from last summer. I am sure Len thought he was going to get Mozgov money.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

That 4.2 mill is based on pure potential. Like..."We don't want to miss out if Len turns into something".

Here ya go Lenny boyyyy...now be a big boy and play some f'n basketball you slug.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Len has the potential to score. problem is defense

Potential to score? I'm not sure I'm getting that because his scoring was analyzed before in articles and his range is junk. Plus he has no touch around the rim either.

Len isn't known for anything in particular... that's his problem. He has no identity in this league.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Potential to score? I'm not sure I'm getting that because his scoring was analyzed before in articles and his range is junk. Plus he has no touch around the rim either.

Len isn't known for anything in particular... that's his problem. He has no identity in this league.
How about stealing minutes from players that actually have some potential.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like bring Len back for at least one more season to see if he improves. His stats are not horrible for the past two seasons. Len started playing basketball late and he just turned 24 in June. IMO, it's too early to write him off especially for the low salary he is likely to command.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lenal01.html

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd like bring Len back for at least one more season to see if he improves. His stats are not horrible for the past two seasons. Len started playing basketball late and he just turned 24 in June. IMO, it's too early to write him off especially for the low salary he is likely to command.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lenal01.html

Ugh!...haha.

Well I read that Len would benefit from taking the one year deal and exploring FA next season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

my lord... if that's the best Len highlight someone can find... where he barely gets the dunk (over Andre Drummond no less) because his feet have just barely overcome the roots he's grown through the floor, that's sad.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn