Top end free agent options at positions of need

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
They did that because he had knee injuries in two consecutive years. Franchising him would be similar to us franchising DJ Humphries. If Conklin is available, I would be all for signing him. I think I would prefer McGovern, but either would fill a big need.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jack-conklin/10642

so: this suggests Conklin is good but not great. also higher than current Cardinals--

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/dj-humphries/9457

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/justin-murray/11022

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This FA class should resolve the Cards’ edge rusher needs. They also should come away with D-Line depth. I’m not certain the can find that DL centerpiece who can stop the run and collapse the pocket. A safety, like Jimmie Ward, would be nice. They should also be able to acquire an ILB, tough not a star. If they keep Humphries they could get good enough OL prospects in rounds 2 & 3. That would leave them free to take an impact like CeeDee Lamb in round 1.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals could get everyone on that list and they still need more to compete with the 9ers, Rams and Seattle

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This FA class should resolve the Cards’ edge rusher needs. They also should come away with D-Line depth. I’m not certain the can find that DL centerpiece who can stop the run and collapse the pocket. A safety, like Jimmie Ward, would be nice. They should also be able to acquire an ILB, tough not a star. If they keep Humphries they could get good enough OL prospects in rounds 2 & 3. That would leave them free to take an impact like CeeDee Lamb in round 1.
Jimmie Ward is injury prone. No thanks.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I will be surprised if the Cardinals do not take OL and DE/OLB in the first two rounds. I understand the reasoning for a WR, but I think the Cardinals will look at Fitzgerald, Kirk, Isabella, KJohnson, PCooper, and Butler as good enough to compete. If someone drops, I could see them using a mid round pick to get a piece of a loaded WR class. There are just some glaring holes at RT, TE, DE, OLB, and ILB.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not sure why his name keeps getting brought up. Robbie Anderson has a better chance at running for and winning a seat in Congress than being pursued, let alone signed by the Cardinals. We don’t sign known douchebags. As long as the Bidwill’s run this team, it won’t happen and I’m very proud of that.

Didn't know he was a douchebag, I have seen him make plays (wife's a Jets fan) but didn't know the douche part.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I’ve read Cooper will wait for season to end before talking about an extension. Just have to hope Dak doesn’t sign before end of season. But if Dak gets $30M+ will DAL still have enough money to sign Cooper? It looks like they locked up all other key players on big contracts so how would they still have money? I’ve read they could franchise Dak and transition tag Cooper but can they both get paid by DAL?

Guys I’d look into signing as FA:
OLB Bud Dupree
ILB Corey Littleton
TE Eric Ebron
FS Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
CB Kendall Fuller

Cooper does seem to be almost game to game injury wise. The guy still plays and produces but his physical constitution is not great

football karma

Reaction score
it seems like the 2020 WR class is loaded

even #5 on this list would be an outstanding addition to the Cards offense

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020...h-offensive-position-college-football-week-13

WIDE RECEIVER

1. Jerry Jeudy, Alabama
The production hasn’t been off the charts and his six drops are a career-high, but Jeudy is still getting open and breaking tackles at an elite level. He’s broken 13 tackles on 64 catches this season.

2. Ceedee Lamb, Oklahoma
Lamb has taken his game to another level as the focal point of the Oklahoma offense. He’s leading the country in yards per route run at 4.44. The difference between him and the next closest draft-eligible receiver (DeVonta Smith, 3.75) is the same as the difference between second and 15th place.

3. Laviska Shenault Jr., Colorado
Shenault is special with the ball in his hands, but Colorado has just struggled to get the ball to him. He’s broken 42 tackles on 132 catches over the past two seasons and averaged over 7.5 yards after the catch.

4. Henry Ruggs, Alabama
With only 618 yards on the season so far and a career-high 729 yards last year, it’s worth questioning if Ruggs will come back to Alabama to be ‘the guy’ next season. We’re not as concerned with those raw totals as he’s been exceptional when targeted. For his career, Ruggs’ targets have resulted in a 153.3 passer rating.

5. Tee Higgins, Clemson
Higgins has been superb in contested-catch situations this season, going 7-for-11. He’s also been incredibly efficient with 32 of his 40 catches going for first downs. While his 799 yards don’t sound like much, he’s got the third-highest yards per route run average in the draft class (3.65).

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020...h-offensive-position-college-football-week-13

WIDE RECEIVER

1. Jerry Jeudy, Alabama
The production hasn’t been off the charts and his six drops are a career-high, but Jeudy is still getting open and breaking tackles at an elite level. He’s broken 13 tackles on 64 catches this season.

2. Ceedee Lamb, Oklahoma
Lamb has taken his game to another level as the focal point of the Oklahoma offense. He’s leading the country in yards per route run at 4.44. The difference between him and the next closest draft-eligible receiver (DeVonta Smith, 3.75) is the same as the difference between second and 15th place.

Shenault is special with the ball in his hands, but Colorado has just struggled to get the ball to him. He’s broken 42 tackles on 132 catches over the past two seasons and averaged over 7.5 yards after the catch.

4. Henry Ruggs, Alabama
With only 618 yards on the season so far and a career-high 729 yards last year, it’s worth questioning if Ruggs will come back to Alabama to be ‘the guy’ next season. We’re not as concerned with those raw totals as he’s been exceptional when targeted. For his career, Ruggs’ targets have resulted in a 153.3 passer rating.

5. Tee Higgins, Clemson
Higgins has been superb in contested-catch situations this season, going 7-for-11. He’s also been incredibly efficient with 32 of his 40 catches going for first downs. While his 799 yards don’t sound like much, he’s got the third-highest yards per route run average in the draft class (3.65).

Michael Pittman Jr is another potential target and while many may not agree, I really like Brandon Aiyuk as he can also double as a return man and has big play ability.

football karma

Reaction score
Pittman is probably a second rounder depending on how fast he runs but Aiyuk can be had in mid to late rounds IMO.

ill try to go find it, but i read a write up on Aiyuk quoted a NFL scout believing that he would have a low first / high second draft grade

he can run, he is dynamic with the ball, and he has good hands

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

WIDE RECEIVER

1. Jerry Jeudy, Alabama

2. Ceedee Lamb, Oklahoma

4. Henry Ruggs, Alabama

5. Tee Higgins, Clemson
Thank goodness Keim had the foresight to draft 4 receivers in the past two years before getting to this point.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ill try to go find it, but i read a write up on Aiyuk quoted a NFL scout believing that he would have a low first / high second draft grade

he can run, he is dynamic with the ball, and he has good hands
Wouldn't surprise me if Aiyuk's stock rises especially after he the last 3 games he had. If he lights it up in his pre-draft workouts then he could go higher.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave