Free Agency

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pretty much what I expected. That's who I called in the starting QB thread. Maybe they'll grab up one of the XFL guys when the season ends. Blue Light Special players are what they are going after.
Holy crap... Blows is gonna be our QB1

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope. But he will about 2 or 3 games in next season. Then we will see some combination of Blough, McPoorly, Guarantino, etc., etc.

Fully expecting them to draft someone.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
You guys act like they signed Blough to some huge QB contract as a starter. For crying out loud, somebody has to throw passes during the pre-season. With Kyler recovering from ACL, they will need McCoy plus two more arms. Most probably, Blough is a camp arm or third string roster QB, nothing more.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's just a camp body.

You need at least 4 QB's in camp to service all the players you have and until yesterday we had 1.
The quantity is there and the quality is very meh
I would rather use a ball machine to service all the players
Best chance is getting max Duggan in the later rounds, at least there is some hope until Murray is healthy

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Fully expecting them to draft someone.
Why would we draft somebody, especially a late round somebody, only to put them behind this offensive line? That's like buying some jewelry, heading to the closest bridge and throwing it over

Are you saying a late round QB in their rookie year would play better than McCoy/Blough? I just don't get it. Or are you saying it would help us lose games and possibly secure the #1 draft pick? Because that's what would happen

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Why would we draft somebody, especially a late round somebody, only to put them behind this offensive line? That's like buying some jewelry, heading to the closest bridge and throwing it over

Are you saying a late round QB in their rookie year would play better than McCoy/Blough? I just don't get it. Or are you saying it would help us lose games and possibly secure the #1 draft pick? Because that's what would happen
That is another frustrating part of this offseason. If you don't have talent around your young players, it makes it more difficult for them to develop. How can you evaluate Collins and Simmons when they have Lawrence and Fotu in front of them? How can you evaluate Thomas and Sanders when your #1 CB is Marco Wilson? How can you evaluate Marco when your defensive front is completely unproven?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
He would’ve have trade value had he stayed healthy and backed up his tape from last year.
Or we could, you know, keep him as well! We could certainly use some young talent!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

I agree with the philosophy that you won't win a superbowl by signing a bunch of FAs. Maybe after you've drafted well, one FA could put you over the top, and sometimes you have to bite the bullet to retain a LT, QB or Edge rusher, but I think superbowls are generally won by drafting well and then good cap management.

So while maybe the Cardinals didn't "win" FA this year, neither do I think they "lost" it either.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
That is another frustrating part of this offseason. If you don't have talent around your young players, it makes it more difficult for them to develop. How can you evaluate Collins and Simmons when they have Lawrence and Fotu in front of them? How can you evaluate Thomas and Sanders when your #1 CB is Marco Wilson? How can you evaluate Marco when your defensive front is completely unproven?
That crossed my mind when I was hearing people comment on our secondary and thought our secondary coach which we let go did an amazing job despite our DL. I think we need to keep it simple, fix the foundation which are the trenches... let's see them do that

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose