Free Agency

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I don't know...some peeps on here think building the roster is letting a 26 year old starting CB go so you can draft a 22 year rookie CB in the first round, hoping he is at least as good as the CB you just let go of.

You then train him up to Murphy level, and then he can go sign elsewhere too...rinse and repeat.

Not trying to get into an argument here but if he is so good - why did he sign a short term/way under market value contract?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Not trying to get into an argument here but if he is so good - why did he sign a short term/way under market value contract?
I think he knew this is what he'd need to do, with his recent injury issue. He even said as much, the week before FA began. I think he was either A) never in Monti/Gannon plans from the beginning, or B) the Cards wanted a multi-year deal at a lower amount, but Murphy wanted a 1 year deal to reset his market and chose to go to Vikings, who were offering just that situation.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Then not the same as losing a 26 year old/top CB in his prime.

I am more bummed about losing Allen but time will tell on that one. Is he a 5-6 sack/year guy that can be replaced or a guy getting ready to take the next step and be a more dominant player?

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Man...the FA IDL market is rough. Be ready for a DT in the top 64. Mazi Smith fits the profile.
Any 30+ guys you like? Side Note...Suh is 36 now! That means I'm freaking old! haha

Brockers?
Joseph? He's 34, but would be another Philly guy.
Hankins?
Hurst?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Any 30+ guys you like? Side Note...Suh is 36 now! That means I'm freaking old! haha

Brockers?
Joseph? He's 34, but would be another Philly guy.
Hankins?
Hurst?
Not really any that I saw. In theory this isn't a terrible draft year to upgrade the defensive line but DT is a risky group. CB is a good group as well which is why some of our FA decisions have been odd. Going into the draft looking to add CB, OL, and DE is not bad by itself. Heading into the draft needing those players to be starters is risky.

Heading into a draft with this is scary.

3 CBs under contract. Marco Wilson, Christian Matthew, and Nate Hairston.

Rashad Lawrence as your best DT.

Starting DEs as Cam Thomas and Myjai Sanders.

Big mystery at C.

I say it is scary because ideally you would like to take advantage of the draft classes strengths. Take strong positions and get value. avoid those positions that are weaker. This is a great TE class that the Cardinals might miss out on because of the number of roster holes they have. DE/CB, C, TE in the first three rounds and in that order probably gets you the best over all players. I just don't know that we have the roster to do that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not really any that I saw. In theory this isn't a terrible draft year to upgrade the defensive line but DT is a risky group. CB is a good group as well which is why some of our FA decisions have been odd. Going into the draft looking to add CB, OL, and DE is not bad by itself. Heading into the draft needing those players to be starters is risky.

Starting DEs as Trey McBride and Myjai Sanders.

Big mystery at C.

I say it is scary because ideally you would like to take advantage of the draft classes strengths. Take strong positions and get value. avoid those positions that are weaker. This is a great TE class that the Cardinals might miss out on because of the number of roster holes they have. DE/CB, C, TE in the first three rounds and in that order probably gets you the best over all players. I just don't know that we have the roster to do that.
Trey is a TE.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Starting DEs as Trey McBride and Myjai Sanders.

Big mystery at C.

Not that scary. Check out my mock draft for the Cardinals. I have them covered with a couple of realistic trades.