Free Agency

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Serious now: What would happen if: ?

A team is on the clock in R1, and at the last minute get an offer they like. Thus, they go ahead and trade their R1 pick straight up for a starting WR. (Sound familiar) The team giving up the WR, goes ahead and makes its choice and all seems well. However, the following week, it's found out during a physical that the WR traded for has chronic arthritis in his knee or hip. How is the team that gave up their R1 pick going to be repaid, or are they simply stuck with the WR? It's obviously too late to give the Pick back and let them choose now that the draft is over. So what happens?

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

A team is on the clock in R1, and at the last minute get an offer they like. Thus, they go ahead and trade their R1 pick straight up for a starting WR. (Sound familiar) The team giving up the WR, goes ahead and makes its choice and all seems well. However, the following week, it's found out during a physical that the WR traded for has chronic arthritis in his knee or hip. How is the team that gave up their R1 pick going to be repaid, or are they simply stuck with the WR? It's obviously too late to give the Pick back and let them choose now that the draft is over. So what happens?

Someone can correct me on this, but I believe if that happens the earth will implode. So pray to whatever deity you believe in so that it doesn't happen. Or perhaps at the rate we're going it'll be the most humane and painless way to go out anyway.

If I am wrong, I will defer to the one most knowledgeable of this subject.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Feel free to shut up then. I was talking to Stout. I was clarifying he doesn't expect to be very active in FA.

It didn't require your pointless multi post strawman intervention.
I don’t see them clearing cap space to extended the players on this roster.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In the NBA, the trade could be voided. I would think the same would apply to the NFL. Traded players have to pass physicals.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
In the NBA, the trade could be voided. I would think the same would apply to the NFL. Traded players have to pass physicals.
But you've lost draft picks to a team that used them...How so you put that toothpaste back into the tube?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But you've lost draft picks to a team that used them...How so you put that toothpaste back into the tube?

The trade can be voided and further compensation and penalties can be handed out by the league.

Maybe you can't put toothpaste back in the tube but knowing violators can be punished and the reputation of the infringing GM involved in the trade can be tarnished. The word of the GM is everything when trades are involved.

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
In Moss'es case it was a substance abuse question Back then it was a big deal (marijuana) I think but I could be wrong about what substance it was the point personal character matters a lot in the NFL but not as much as it used to
Neither were before the courts if I remember correctly.e
s

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Raiders swapping Derek Carr for better looking Derek Carr with less arm would be hilarious.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I'm not sure I can live in a world where guards are getting paid $21m a year.

Bad teams giving 10% of the cap to a Guard is some bad roster management.

$63m fully guaranteed too!

those have got to be just Agent #’s. That’s insane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads