Free Agency

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does that mean the Falcons are out on drafting a QB this year? If so, is there any team left that would be a realistic "threat" for the Colts which makes them think they have to trade with us in order to secure QB #3?

Weird move by the Falcons. You can't get one good quarterback by adding two bad ones together.

Ravens depending on Lamar?

Possibly Lions? Bucs? Titans? Commanders?

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Weird move by the Falcons. You can't get one good quarterback by adding two bad ones together.

Ravens depending on Lamar?

Possibly Lions? Bucs? Titans? Commanders?
Lions maybe but I feel like starting with the Titans at #11 it would get so expensive that the Colts won't buy it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Brisset is asking for 10 per year we can laugh him right out of the building. 2 mill max, maybe.
I don’t think any back up quarterback at least a legitimate one is making 2 million a year anymore in the NFL… I don’t know if you saw what Mike White just sign for?

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Id much rather have a late round rookie starting than Brisett or some other guy who is going to cost money. We should WANT to play decently well and lose....every game next year if possible.

Give us the #1 pick next year and we will have a franchise defining moment on our hands.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Id much rather have a late round rookie starting than Brisett or some other guy who is going to cost money. We should WANT to play decently well and lose....every game next year if possible.

Give us the #1 pick next year and we will have a franchise defining moment on our hands.
That will be like 3 franchise defining moments in the last 5 years.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Everyone has to remember we not only have new coaches, we have a new GM. No one on the team is safe. They were not chosen by the people who are not in charge. That is the way it should be. I agree that I like Allen and would have prefered to resign him, but he may not be a great fit here anymore, and after all was said and done Allen prefered to follow coaches he knew.

I am of the mindset to dump as much cap as possible this year, dont spend in FA....bring in TONS of draft pics and try to build up a young core or players through the draft.
This isn’t Madden. Not every draft choice it’s going to be useful even as special teams players. About a third will be out of the NFL in 24 months and half will be gone in three years.

That’s why it’s important to keep a core of young rising players on your roster who were part of the small group who turns into NFL players.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think any back up quarterback at least a legitimate one is making 2 million a year anymore in the NFL… I don’t know if you saw what Mike White just sign for?
Exactly. Backups can make 10M per right now.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Does that mean the Falcons are out on drafting a QB this year? If so, is there any team left that would be a realistic "threat" for the Colts which makes them think they have to trade with us in order to secure QB #3?
Maybe the Falcons feel that there is no QB worth trading up for in this draft. None of them are exactly what I would call sure fire QBOTF. They all have some pretty sizable worts.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Falcons feel that there is no QB worth trading up for in this draft. None of them are exactly what I would call sure fire QBOTF. They all have some pretty sizable worts.
What’s wrong with warts?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I look forward to the deluge of “I like the deal for the money spent” posts when we sign Allen and Murphy’s cheap replacements, ala Gardeck/Golden deals while being told they can totally make up a pass rush between themselves… and Dikezembuke or whatever the hell that scrub’s name was.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I look forward to the deluge of “I like the deal for the money spent” posts when we sign Allen and Murphy’s cheap replacements, ala Gardeck/Golden deals while being told they can totally make up a pass rush between themselves… and Dikezembuke or whatever the hell that scrub’s name was.
Man, we have so much bad history with this franchise pulling just this kind of stunt AND PEOPLE STILL FALL FOR IT.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, we have so much bad history with this franchise pulling just this kind of stunt AND PEOPLE STILL FALL FOR IT.
The funniest part is when those people bash posters upset by the usual incompetence… as if the supporters of every cost cutting move actually end up being right.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The funniest part is when those people bash posters upset by the usual incompetence… as if the supporters of every cost cutting move actually end up being right.

When was the last time you were right about something like this?

When was the last time we let a decent free agent walk and they went on to great things?

It wasn't Kirk, nobody wanted to sign him for that money. Most thought he wasn't worth $10m.

I guess you would say Reddick? But Reddick didn't want to stay. They offered him more money than he took at the Panthers.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Man, this is just like the good old days...can't wait to see us build up the underbelly of the team!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Slightly better than the agents version

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA