Free Agency

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Im pretty shocked at the anger on this board. This team is full out tanking this season.

Look at the Bears-- Year one, New GM, New Coach. Tank and trade away everyone, following FA and draft you are in the drivers seat.

People need to come to grips that this team is not trying to compete AT ALL next season.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im pretty shocked at the anger on this board. This team is full out tanking this season.

Look at the Bears-- Year one, New GM, New Coach. Tank and trade away everyone, following FA and draft you are in the drivers seat.

People need to come to grips that this team is not trying to compete AT ALL next season.
Hilarious.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Jacoby Brissett is going to be as cheap as some think.

I thought Heinicke would be a cheaper option.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I agree. I would bet we turn over half our roster this off-season, and most of them are going to be younger guys. We may very well roll a bunch of cap over next year for a splash when KM is hopefully back and ready to roll.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

The anger isn't because of this year. I think every sane Cards fan realizes this season will be a wash. The anger is at losing a young piece on the defense that should have been on the team well beyond this season. That's the way to suck long-term, not the way to rebuild long-term.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Brisset is asking for 10 per year we can laugh him right out of the building. 2 mill max, maybe.

Dude, he earned just under $5m last year. He ain't going anywhere for 2. Especially somewhere he's going to start 4-8 games for sure.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If Brisset is asking for 10 per year we can laugh him right out of the building. 2 mill max, maybe.
Stidham just got $5 million per. Brissett isn't way off asking for $10 million. Doesn't mean we think he's worth it, but the market for expensive backups/fringe starters is being set higher.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Dude, he earned just under $5m last year. He ain't going anywhere for 2. Especially somewhere he's going to start 4-8 games for sure.
Then gimme a rookie or another backup looking for a shot. Dude ain't worth real money, especially in a tank season. This is one instance where I'm okay keeping our powder dry lol

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I agree. I would bet we turn over half our roster this off-season, and most of them are going to be younger guys. We may very well roll a bunch of cap over next year for a splash when KM is hopefully back and ready to roll.
Kyler cap hit this year is $16,007,000 this year and $51,857,000 next year.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
The anger isn't because of this year. I think every sane Cards fan realizes this season will be a wash. The anger is at losing a young piece on the defense that should have been on the team well beyond this season. That's the way to suck long-term, not the way to rebuild long-term.
Yeah i agree with losing Zach.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then gimme a rookie or another backup looking for a shot. Dude ain't worth real money, especially in a tank season. This is one instance where I'm okay keeping our powder dry lol

The $2 (million) Philly Special! If we are going to suck, let's have fun then!

You must be registered for see images attach

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Everyone has to remember we not only have new coaches, we have a new GM. No one on the team is safe. They were not chosen by the people who are not in charge. That is the way it should be. I agree that I like Allen and would have prefered to resign him, but he may not be a great fit here anymore, and after all was said and done Allen prefered to follow coaches he knew.

I am of the mindset to dump as much cap as possible this year, dont spend in FA....bring in TONS of draft pics and try to build up a young core or players through the draft.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't think Jacoby Brissett is going to be as cheap as some think.

I thought Heinicke would be a cheaper option.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Does that mean the Falcons are out on drafting a QB this year? If so, is there any team left that would be a realistic "threat" for the Colts which makes them think they have to trade with us in order to secure QB #3?