Fitz...

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am going to say that he will be here for next season if....

1. Rosen progresses before the end of this season.
2. Offense overall progresses before the end of this season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think it matters much about the offense around him. He knows where his numbers and his legacy stands.

I think if he gets 70+ receptions and 800+ yards he'll come back.

Fitz could pass T.O. for second all-time in receiving yards this weekend (he probably will -- he only needs 32).

I can imagine he'd be interested in moving into the Top 5 receiving TDs list. It'll take him 18 to tie him with Cris Carter. He has 2 so far this season. If he can get 6 more this year, I bet he makes a run at it.

We'll see if the Cards start forcing him the ball at the end of the year like we've been doing in the past.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think it matters much about the offense around him. He knows where his numbers and his legacy stands.

I think if he gets 70+ receptions and 800+ yards he'll come back.

Fitz could pass T.O. for second all-time in receiving yards this weekend (he probably will -- he only needs 32).

I can imagine he'd be interested in moving into the Top 5 receiving TDs list. It'll take him 18 to tie him with Cris Carter. He has 2 so far this season. If he can get 6 more this year, I bet he makes a run at it.

We'll see if the Cards start forcing him the ball at the end of the year like we've been doing in the past.

That's true, never thought about the records he can hit if he decides to play a few more years.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's true, never thought about the records he can hit if he decides to play a few more years.
Plus, he is just 57 catches behind Tony Gonzalez for #2 all time in receptions. Doable by the end of this season, but not probable imo.

I think plays next year as well.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
How could a guy like Larry Fitzgerald’s father have such a nice and level-headed guy for a son? The guy’s poise and class amazes me. Face of the franchise

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
How could a guy like Larry Fitzgerald’s father have such a nice and level-headed guy for a son? The guy’s poise and class amazes me. Face of the franchise
He comes from a good family. My son and I were flying to Philly last year and were on the same plane with Sr, and he made a point to talk to us during the flight as we were obvious Card fans. I tweeted Larry about the interaction and his response to me was "Dad? He ahrite...Then said just kidding Pops".

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why are you amazed by a guy being a good person? Most people are good people.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Fits doesn’t strike me as a guy who will stick around to break some records. If he felt this team could contend for Super Bowl next season and he could contribute I think he comes back. IMO we are more than a year away and he could find a team that could get him that ring...and none if would blame him.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I don't see Fitz playing for any other team than the Cardinals. I think that's just the way he is wired. As far as playing beyond this year, I think he will decide well before next season starts and certainly before the draft. I just have the feeling if he thinks the team isn't a contender next year he may just hang them up and be satisfied with where he stands stat wise. JMHO.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Fits doesn’t strike me as a guy who will stick around to break some records. If he felt this team could contend for Super Bowl next season and he could contribute I think he comes back. IMO we are more than a year away and he could find a team that could get him that ring...and none if would blame him.
Why did he come back this season, then?

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Fair question and I can only speculate. Maybe he thought Bradford would be solid QB, a health return of DJ and liked the pick of Kirk would make it a fun season ? Maybe he liked the hiring of Wilks? I don’t think he thought this team would contend for SB but I don’t think he thought it would be the train wreck it is. Knowing what he knows now though I wouldn’t think he would come back next year for more of the same, certain records in reach or not.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, he passed T.O. for #2 all time career receiving yards. I hope he comes back next year to finish on a higher note in terms of W/L.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I would love to see him play a few more years. If I was him I would see what the Cards do in the off season to improve the team before I committed to another season. They have the money and draft picks to really upgrade the team along with a good young quarterback.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'd love to have him one more year to work with Kirk and whoever else we bring in. I think we have too many needs to take a WR in the first round this year but there are guys later like Deebo Smith, Diontae Johnson(Toledo) and some others who would be potential replacements for JJ Nelson as the speed guy. We need to hit on a WR in FA and it doesn't seem like this is going to be the year to do that. Right now I think we have 3 NFL caliber pass catchers, Fitz, Kirk and Seals Jones, the rest are all borderline making an NFL roster, we need to upgrade that and the OL at the same time.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i'd love to have him one more year to work with Kirk and whoever else we bring in. I think we have too many needs to take a WR in the first round this year but there are guys later like Deebo Smith, Diontae Johnson(Toledo) and some others who would be potential replacements for JJ Nelson as the speed guy. We need to hit on a WR in FA and it doesn't seem like this is going to be the year to do that. Right now I think we have 3 NFL caliber pass catchers, Fitz, Kirk and Seals Jones, the rest are all borderline making an NFL roster, we need to upgrade that and the OL at the same time.
Deebo Smith? You mean Samuel? I would love him though. He’s an all-around guy more so than a speedy demon.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deebo Smith? You mean Samuel? I would love him though. He’s an all-around guy more so than a speedy demon.

Sorry brain fart being a Smith myself, yes Samuel.

He's one of those guys that plays fast. I see he ran a 4.36 in HS, they project him in the mid 4.4s to low 4.5 but he just doesn't seem to get caught from behind and just seems to "Play fast."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson