Fitz extension to 2018

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What top QB has been that since rookie season?

Matt Ryan.

I'm not going to exhaustively go down the list of current QBs, But it's easier to think of rookies who flamed out after a good start than those who sustained it for a long period of time over the last 15 years or so.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I dunno... I still think it is possible Larry agreed to stay so our new rookie has at least one reliable target

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm happy to watch Larry for another year, but if they're really going for "one more run" with the same D and ST coordinator AND pass up a QB of the future, I'll be furious.
yeah.... not very tickled about the idea of this group trying to milk another season out of what they have.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'm happy to watch Larry for another year, but if they're really going for "one more run" with the same D and ST coordinator AND pass up a QB of the future, I'll be furious.
Get ready to drive your car off a bridge, I don't think many (if any) changes will be made.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why? I’d rather have a rookie QB learning from CP for a year or until an injury.
Because who’s actually does that nowadays? Why waste time? Mahomes @ KC the only one that comes to mind.

Wentz
Jameis
Mariota
Carr
Goff
Luck
RG3
Wilson
Cam
Watson
Trubisky

All of these guys either started Game 1 or started somewhere down the line their rookie season. Once we draft our QB, he needs to start day 1. You get better by playing & sitting, not just sitting.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Oh, I 100% believe that is a factor. But I have heard that Carson's wife didn't want him to play this season. He very likely has some selling to do with her before he commits to 2018...
Remember when Larry said he didn't want to play with any other QB? I promise you if Larry is coming back, #3 is coming back!!! I guarantee you it's been talked about before this happened

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This blows my mind. Wow. I've thought there was a less than 5% chance of him returning.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tell that to Rodgers/Brady arguably the 2 best in the league! If you have CP you still get a QB to groom in the offense for a year.
That’d be nice & all if our current QB was a top 10 QB of all time or we had the greatest HC in not just football, but sports period.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you think it "should be?" Do you believe Fitz can add value next season? Do you think he adds value this season??

Sure he adds "value" but at what expense.. He is still producing but he is slower and he is dropping more balls. And this team needs WAY TOO MUCH in other areas.. It will be interesting to see the cost.. I too will be pissed if we are doing this as a last harrah with this old aging going nowhere cast of characters..

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
there’s an article on the Arizona Republic that says this does not mean he is coming back next year, it just means that if he decides to play he will play as a cardinal. I am guessing he still hangs it up anyway. This was just to prevent him from ending his career somewhere else.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Sure he adds "value" but at what expense.. He is still producing but he is slower and he is dropping more balls. And this team needs WAY TOO MUCH in other areas.. It will be interesting to see the cost.. I too will be pissed if we are doing this as a last harrah with this old aging going nowhere cast of characters..

The determining factor here will be whether or not, Larry playing one more year prevents the team from making the required moves need to improve... I'm not 100% sure we'll ultimately be able to decipher that, however, I do know that there will be hoards of message board experts who will absolutely make those types of "if only we didn't bring Larry back we would've signed..." proclamations.

And for the record, his current Catch % is 3rd highest in his career!

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Still 2nd in REC and 7th in YDS/Game in the league though.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The determining factor here will be whether or not, Larry playing one more year prevents the team from making the required moves need to improve... I'm not 100% sure we'll ultimately be able to decipher that, however, I do know that there will be hoards of message board experts who will absolutely make those types of "if only we didn't bring Larry back we would've signed..." proclamations.

His cap number wont be small. That is pretty much guaranteed. Teams notoriously keep players longer then they should much to the detriment of the team that's no secret. Need to learn to separate personal feeling from the business side of the game.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
His cap number wont be small. That is pretty much guaranteed. Teams notoriously keep players longer then they should much to the detriment of the team that's no secret. Need to learn to separate personal feeling from the business side of the game.

What about his game makes you believe he's a detriment to the team?? Can you be specific??

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about his game makes you believe he's a detriment to the team?? Can you be specific??

I just think the cost will be too high for what he gives. Sure his stats are good but hes really our only true receiving option. This team is holding on too long. A youth movement is in full order. The sooner it happens the better.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I just think the cost will be too high for what he gives. Sure his stats are good but hes really our only true receiving option. This team is holding on too long. A youth movement is in full order. The sooner it happens the better.

But how can you say that by simply bringing him back is preventing the team from getting younger? Hell, the rest of the WR's are all under 25 years old! You lost me man...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But how can you say that by simply bringing him back is preventing the team from getting younger? Hell, the rest of the WR's are all under 25 years old! You lost me man...

Your always lost when it comes to FItz.. Your man love gets in the way of cognitive thought... :):)

And yes the other WRs are all young and that's awesome.. But we are the oldest team BY FAR in football and have so many other needs that spending 15 million on FItz could be better used.. Name me the last team with a true #1 WR of Fitz caliber that even won a SB?? They are a luxury not a necessity to win a nd put a ggod product on the field... Ide rather build the team as whole through youth....

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Your always lost when it comes to FItz.. Your man love gets in the way of cognitive thought... :):)

And yes the other WRs are all young and that's awesome.. But we are the oldest team BY FAR in football and have so many other needs that spending 15 million on FItz could be better used.. Name me the last team with a true #1 WR of Fitz caliber that even won a SB?? They are a luxury not a necessity to win a nd put a ggod product on the field... Ide rather build the team as whole through youth....

And if this were about Anquan you would be singing a very different tune! [emoji12]

I highly doubt Fitz will be brought back at $15 Million next year... I’m guessing it would be $10 Million and again, the debate will be to show how that prevented the Cards from making “better” moves...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player