Financial Goal Posts

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
At least dinner will be ready when you get home...

Right?

please tell me I'm right...

:biglaugh:

Not bloody likely! My wife loves to bake cookies and such...hates cooking dinner though. Its no wonder I spend so much money going out to eat.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a little scared I won't get my house loan. I have like a 750 credit score, but i have no rental history and banks are scared of loaning money now. Stupid sub prime crap..
Mortgage rates have been going up. The rates offered by the Virginia Housing and Development Authority (supposed to be subsidized) have gone from 5.5 to 5.625 to 6 to 6.375 all within a span of three weeks. That's not good news for my plans to buy a townhouse this summer.

Does your application lock-in the rate or is it subject to change up until funds are disbursed?

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. I owe about $15K on my car. With what I have saved now I should be able to pay it off in March when I get a bonus.
I was in for a pleasant surprise when I looked at my checking balance last night. The bonus came two weeks sooner than I expected. :thumbup:

OP
OP
HeavyB3

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Credit card debt is nearly extinguished. I have my BofA credit card nearly paid off and next is a Best Buy card I used to buy a computer with 18 months no interest. I will pay it off way before the interest ever kicks in.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Credit card debt is nearly extinguished. I have my BofA credit card nearly paid off and next is a Best Buy card I used to buy a computer with 18 months no interest. I will pay it off way before the interest ever kicks in.

Nice job, Bryan.

I am continuing with my Dave Ramsey plan. I've paid off about 5k in debt since January, not including the 1500 I'm plopping down from my tax return. My goal is to have my 1st (of 3) credit cards paid off by the end of this month.

Working an extra 22 hours a week at my 2nd job, and the paydays are on the off-weeks from my first job. That will be very nice getting paid every week.

Keep up the good work, ya'll!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm working on:

1. Self directing my IRA.
2. Creating my own bank.
3. Investing in Real Estate cash flow properties back east.
4. Using my Real Estate cash flows and bank monies to pay off car and credit cards.

The paperwork is a *****! However, I'll either be self sufficient, or go bust in a big way! LOL!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first goal was met, save money for Australia, take the trip, and not go into debt in doing so. We had a great trip(eventually I'll get pics online and post a link), and I managed to do so without going into debt or having to dip into other savings to cover it.

Next up is payoff car loan, after this months payment it's about 600 left so I'll pay it off in April.

Then I'm saving a down payment for a house.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
knock down my credit card debt - $4,400 right now - chopping $100/month in principal.
Keep making full P and I payments w/ occaisional extra principal on my mortgage. Balance 78,000.
pay double the minimum on my HELOC - balance currently $13,000.
keep adding a little bit every month to my savings and increase my reserve in checking account to 4 months of food, gas and bills - only at 6 weeks worth now.
Don't buy beer from the concession stand at Cardinals game next season - hell, there's $500 for the season right there...

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. I owe about $15K on my car. With what I have saved now I should be able to pay it off in March when I get a bonus.
2. I owe about $3K on laser eye surgery. No interest financing, but I'd still like to pay this off by the end of May.

I have no credit card debt. I do have $23K in student loans, but I'll probably wait two or three years on those as I want to buy a townhouse this summer.

I kept looking for this post after thirty-two bumped the Dave Ramsey thread. I forgot this was a separate thread.

I've paid a little extra on the car and only have $1300 left on the eye surgery. I could pay both of the debts off if I wanted to, but I've been doing well enough in the stock market that it's tough to pull that money out (plus it would be nice to have for a down payment). I've also kind of entered a "butter zone" of sorts at work where I can claim $800 worth of overtime per week with minimal stress so I'll try to accelerate paying off the debts. I'm also 90% sure I'm moving back to AZ (summer 2009) instead of staying in VA. I'd still be making the same money with a lower cost of living so maybe I can be rid of the student loan in 2-3 years.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is everyone doing?

I will report in the Dave Ramsey thread :D

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1- pay for school. It'll be tough, but i'll pull through, at least through this semester.

2.-Pay off credit card bills.. Im sure everyone else is on this boat.

3.-Car insurance. That's $600 i need to get out of the way for the next half year!

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
Treading water since my post back in March.
Paying down debts, but NOT building up a 4 month reserve in my checking account.
MUST stop visits to man-spa...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard