Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The barber guy is pretty awesome, seems to know what he is doing and how to take care of his family.

As for the step dad guy, likeable, but he better get some survival skills quick. Not sure why he keeps talking about heading to the desert when he knows or should know the freeways are jammed.

It appears there is more to the barber guy and for some reason isn't telling the entire story or lying about his cousin.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the feeling that the ex wife will get bit and Travis won't be able to kill her so Madison will will have to do it. Then Travis's son will hold a grudge because his dad let Madison kill his mom.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It appears there is more to the barber guy and for some reason isn't telling the entire story or lying about his cousin.

Agreed, I thought there was some mention that they were from some Central American country and his extended family may really be dead.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the feeling that the ex wife will get bit and Travis won't be able to kill her so Madison will will have to do it. Then Travis's son will hold a grudge because his dad let Madison kill his mom.

this would create pretty good inner tension/conflict amongst the group.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These characters are incredibly stupid..I mean over the top stupid. Unrealistic to the core. I understand you have to have some level of stupidity in your characters to further the plot from time to time, but I'm a little surprised they've made it this far..not just in the zombie outbreak but life in general. Wow.

Junkie Depp kid is likeable-ish, but dumb as a bag of hammers and he is one of the MORE with-it characters.

Oh, and this is LA...you can barely get anywhere quickly anyway, but with this kind of stuff going on there would be a parking lot in your suburban driveway. They ain't getting to Riverside, much less the desert. They barely would make it out of their neighborhood. And def not home from the riots by dinner.

Yet, I still watch. I'm kind of rooting for them all to die though, and hope we catch on with some new characters. I love this CONCEPT, but the execution is wobbly.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Then maybe someone will see a tiny scratch on the kid and go "Oh, he got bit!" and blow his head off, sparing the audience from the character.

And, lol, nice Dogg, "Junkie Depp", perfect name.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yet, I still watch. I'm kind of rooting for them all to die though, and hope we catch on with some new characters. I love this CONCEPT, but the execution is wobbly.

Yeah me too. I'm almost rooting for the walkers at this point.

There just are not many characters you feel connected with or root for so far. I guess maybe the barber is somewhat interesting. Everyone else is just blah or completely stupid. It's like having a show that is full of Andrea's and you can't wait for them to get bitten.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like having a show that is full of Andrea's and you can't wait for them to get bitten.

damn... if that didn't hit the nail on the head. there's literally no one cool, mysterious or even on the light side, the way Glenn and the older guy (can't remember his name) was when he was first introduced. they're all just paper-cut-outs... except one of them has a drug addiction. Pretty surprised at the lack of character in the show so far.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah me too. I'm almost rooting for the walkers at this point.

There just are not many characters you feel connected with or root for so far. I guess maybe the barber is somewhat interesting. Everyone else is just blah or completely stupid. It's like having a show that is full of Andrea's and you can't wait for them to get bitten.
Lol mcd, so true.

Did everyone else enjoy the terrible cgi work while they were driving in the truck to the hospital?

I liked how the military just happened to not only be in the neighborhood but also the back yard. Apparently we have so much military we can put 10 soldiers on every block of the most densely populated city on the west coast.

I liked Travis but that had gone away. Between him trying to hug zombies and his "you know how I feel about guns" he wouldn't last 5 minutes in ricks world.

I almost feel like the point of these characters is simply to reinstate how awesome Rick and his group are.

Oh and the long look at the airplane flying over. That must be the mysterious new character that will be introduced during commercials on the walking dead this fall. Hopefully it's someone likeable.

The scene where the barber shot the zombie in the face and he kept coming was awesome

This is playing out like an early nineties horror movie, as soon as I took that mindset I was able to enjoy the show more.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol mcd, so true.

Did everyone else enjoy the terrible cgi work while they were driving in the truck to the hospital?

I liked how the military just happened to not only be in the neighborhood but also the back yard. Apparently we have so much military we can put 10 soldiers on every block of the most densely populated city on the west coast.

I liked Travis but that had gone away. Between him trying to hug zombies and his "you know how I feel about guns" he wouldn't last 5 minutes in ricks world.

I almost feel like the point of these characters is simply to reinstate how awesome Rick and his group are.

Oh and the long look at the airplane flying over. That must be the mysterious new character that will be introduced during commercials on the walking dead this fall. Hopefully it's someone likeable.

The scene where the barber shot the zombie in the face and he kept coming was awesome

This is playing out like an early nineties horror movie, as soon as I took that mindset I was able to enjoy the show more.

The airplane will have it's own webisode, that is what I read. Much like the half zombie from the pilot that Rock went back to kill.

As for Travis, he reminds me of Hersal.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The airplane will have it's own webisode, that is what I read. Much like the half zombie from the pilot that Rock went back to kill.

As for Travis, he reminds me of Hersal.
For sure, just noticed they slipped the plane in.

Herschel? That's some high praise. He was kinda weak at the beginning so hopefully you are right as Herschel became big-time over time however as the leader of the group he would have failed IMO

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This new episode was better, at least from a story telling standpoint. I still want, at least, half the characters dead. I like the barber, I'd like Madison if she wasn't so oddly robotic in every dramatic moment... the rest... I could do without. Except the daughter, its nice to have a cutie around in the apocalypse.

I thought I'd like Nick more early on but he has been a bit too on the nose in his portrayal of a narc junkie, kudos to him and the writing on that end but its just not the kind of person I want to spend time with.

As an aside; I know these kinds of shows require a suspension of disbelief but the way this zombie infestation is portrayed... I just struggle to see it taking the vast majority of the world down with it. Yeah, there would be utter chaos initially but the way these zombies shuffle around and struggle with things like a waist high fence... or a door... I don't see them posing a threat to humanity once people figured out a few basic things; the dead are rising, shoot them in the head to make them permanent dead. I feel like somewhere between 5 to 10 thousand people (and a lot of ammo) would be enough to calmly stroll around and wipe every single zombie out of North America, even if like 100 million people had already turned before they pieced things together.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
What I hate is that this show is supposed to be about how things fall apart in the zombie apocalypse but they seem to fast forward a lot. All of a sudden, we go from the military coming in to having them there for over a week.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was the best episode to date IMO. This episode had character conflicts and introduced some underlying issues with the government. There were problems with the dynamics of being isolated and the tension between the characters. Evidently, the writers still felt the need to focus some moments on the junkie but you can't win them all.

The interesting part to me is the parallel between the governments role in keeping us safe and taking things to far. It's the first plot line that I have actually found interesting since this show started.

For example, the government obviously knows these "safe zones" are pretty much on the edge if even one person dies. It appears someone who is high risk or on their death bed are removed from the camps to ensure they don't turn and wipe out the camps. It looks like they are in "save the population mode" without really telling anybody that is what they are doing. Then there is the underlying issue that it appears the military is taking out anybody that resists getting thrown into these camps.

I really hope the show continues down this path because I was getting really frustrated. There are still some plot holes like even the surrounding town would contain a TON of people. You trying to tell me all those people and bodies were moved? The bodies that were on the ground were not nearly representative of the population of that area. However, I can deal with that I guess if the writing gets better. It has to because I still don't care about any of these characters so I have to care about the story elements to keep watching.

Last edited:

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Why do we even bother with spoilers posts? If you click on a TV show thread you should know that there will be an active discussion on plot. If you don't wanna know whats going on with a TV show because you haven't watched it/aren't current, then click at your own risk.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this episode was better. Still think the main characters do completely unrealistic things.

What sain person would cut thier way out of a fenced area safe zone to check out a flashing light? Then Madison turns around and blames Travis' ex for her son being carted off? Her character looks dumber and dumber by the minute. Run Travis Run!!!

I did like how there wasn't a single Walker in this episode. I thought that it was very effective change of pace.

I also liked the US Military dynamic and the intrigue of where they are taking people for some unknown reason. Finally something of interest out of this show!

Last edited:

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I thought this episode was better. Still think the main characters do completely unrealistic things.

What sain person would cut thier way out of a fenced area safe zone to check out a flashing light? Then Madison turns around and blames Travis' ex for her son being carted off? Her character looks dumber and dumber by the minute. Run Travis Run!!!

I did like how there wasn't a single Walker in this episode. I thought that it was very effective change of pace.

I also liked the US Military dynamic and the intrigue of where they are taking people for some unknown reason. Finally something of interest out of this show!

Already giving them the idea that people will be as bad as the walkers when this crisis really hits the fan.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Already giving them the idea that people will be as bad as the walkers when this crisis really hits the fan.

Yeah the whole "Walking Dead" refering to the Survivers more than the Walkers. Fear the other humans more than the walkers.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This new episode was better, at least from a story telling standpoint. I still want, at least, half the characters dead. I like the barber, I'd like Madison if she wasn't so oddly robotic in every dramatic moment... the rest... I could do without. Except the daughter, its nice to have a cutie around in the apocalypse.

I thought I'd like Nick more early on but he has been a bit too on the nose in his portrayal of a narc junkie, kudos to him and the writing on that end but its just not the kind of person I want to spend time with.

As an aside; I know these kinds of shows require a suspension of disbelief but the way this zombie infestation is portrayed... I just struggle to see it taking the vast majority of the world down with it. Yeah, there would be utter chaos initially but the way these zombies shuffle around and struggle with things like a waist high fence... or a door... I don't see them posing a threat to humanity once people figured out a few basic things; the dead are rising, shoot them in the head to make them permanent dead. I feel like somewhere between 5 to 10 thousand people (and a lot of ammo) would be enough to calmly stroll around and wipe every single zombie out of North America, even if like 100 million people had already turned before they pieced things together.
Every single death results in a zombie though, it cannot be contained

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was the best episode to date IMO. This episode had character conflicts and introduced some underlying issues with the government. There were problems with the dynamics of being isolated and the tension between the characters. Evidently, the writers still felt the need to focus some moments on the junkie but you can't win them all.

The interesting part to me is the parallel between the governments role in keeping us safe and taking things to far. It's the first plot line that I have actually found interesting since this show started.

For example, the government obviously knows these "safe zones" are pretty much on the edge if even one person dies. It appears someone who is high risk or on their death bed are removed from the camps to ensure they don't turn and wipe out the camps. It looks like they are in "save the population mode" without really telling anybody that is what they are doing. Then there is the underlying issue that it appears the military is taking out anybody that resists getting thrown into these camps.

I really hope the show continues down this path because I was getting really frustrated. There are still some plot holes like even the surrounding town would contain a TON of people. You trying to tell me all those people and bodies were moved? The bodies that were on the ground were not nearly representative of the population of that area. However, I can deal with that I guess if the writing gets better. It has to because I still don't care about any of these characters so I have to care about the story elements to keep watching.
In a dense area like that, you would think the fences would be lined with zombies.

I was wondering where the hell all the bodies were as she was wondering outside and they delivered on some but the population is sparse for a dense city

Also with that whole in the fence, it should be a huge problem but again not a lot of zombies are around

I assume the end was showing that to be the slaughter house, hopefully the junkie is dead, I've had enough of him. I am starting to like Travis again, the daughter seems good and the barber. The rest haven't given me much yet.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do we even bother with spoilers posts? If you click on a TV show thread you should know that there will be an active discussion on plot. If you don't wanna know whats going on with a TV show because you haven't watched it/aren't current, then click at your own risk.
Personally I use them because of two things

One is that on Tapatalk you can see posts without meaning to and two is that prior to shows it can be good to get the feel of what people think of it but have to shy away due to the lack of spoiler tags

Not everyone uses them so no big deal but I don't see any other reason to have a spoiler tag

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And she apparently gave up on the mission and didn't go to that house

Best episode by far, gripping and interesting but I felt different about the lack of zombie. I guess the military part had an evil twist though

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort