End of an Era - MadJack is out.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow
What I'd give to go back in time and park in the dirt....walk up that winding path....taking the shortcuts up the dirt hills just to get in the stadium faster. Smell those cheap ass hot dogs and be the only body on the terrace...sit my ass on that hot bleacher and immediately stand up with no one within 50ft of me.
Awww those were the days!

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
You know I was just harassing ya! Just remember to tell them the story of the Klownsbury voodoo doll too! I’m 2 for 2 lol. Hope you & the Mrs are doing well brotha
Oh don't I know it. The Klownsbury burn was the funniest thing ever. Just like his offense couldn't stay lit. Those people tailgating next to us thought we were crazy. Well who is laughing now, he is gone. I'll see you in Houston next year my Brotha.

SOCALCARD

Rookie
Reaction score
*LaRod Stevens-Howling

Now there is a kid you could root for.

I've been a fan as long as the Cards have been in AZ. And a Suns fan before that.

Right now...... Historically speaking...... is the worst it has ever gotten IMO. If you need me to list off the coaches again, or the GM's, I will. Our franchise is a joke. And our owner is the worst punchline ever. He's no Sarver..... but that only means that the Bidwill name will be around until we all die.
But these cups say Rashad Stevens-Howling. Hence the reason Mikey is willing to let them go so cheap.

SOCALCARD

Rookie
Reaction score
Don’t blame you in the slightest. Growing up, I had always wanted to be a season ticket holder at one point. I’m now in a good place to make it happen, and there’s not a chance I’m signing up for that. My confidence in this franchise is at an all time low. Why spend my hard earned money on a bad product run by incompetent leadership? You long timers deserve a freaking medal or something.
I would prefer a donkey kick to my fruit basket over purchasing season tickets for this season. Gonna be like the bad old SDS days minus the aluminum bleachers and trough style urinals. Always loved those.

Cole

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Fellow die hard STHs,

Well this is it. End of an era as I've finally decided to not renew my Cardinals season tix after 30 years and 194 banners.

Cardinals emailed me this week to remind me that my deposit is due. Here's my (lengthy) reply:

"Arizona Cardinals,

Hmmm….some good reasons NOT to renew my Cardinals tix - after 30 years!

- successive losing seasons!
- 15 coaches since 1988!
- horrible contract extensions for Kiem, Kingsburg and Kyler!
- eating the contracts and $$$ for fired Kingsbury and Kiem!
- increased ticket prices
- QB is an immature prima Donna that is regressing and not a leader at all!
- Great Lawn has become a commercial enterprise where the fans are pushed out for car dealers, betting, home sellers etc.
- Cardinals tied for last Place in recent players satisfaction survey!
- no bling offered at games any more including even a game program!!
- concession prices are ridiculous!
- MadJack banner (after 27 years) now censored and can no longer express any message except positives. Forget about ‘speaking for the fans!’

Thanks for listening and tell me where I’m wrong.”

So a heartfelt thanks to all of you that supported the banner all these 27 years. It was a helluva run!!

MadJack.
Well don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

OP
OP
MadJack

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
I would prefer a donkey kick to my fruit basket over purchasing season tickets for this season. Gonna be like the bad old SDS days minus the aluminum bleachers and trough style urinals. Always loved those.
Ha! The trough urinals! My favorite story from SDS is the time a Cowboys fan was mouthing off and a bunch of Cards fans dumped him in the trough!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not as long as the games are all considered sellouts.

I think there will be a drop in Season Tickets sold this year leaving a bunch of Single Game tickets available.

Not sure that the Falcons will draw enough opposing fans to make it a sell out.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
They should reinstate it just to save me the minor conflict of whether to watch or swim in the pool with my kids/enjoy a nice fall day.

Might become my full transition to an EPL fan. Does Peacock let you stream the games on delay?
Yes, but you have to wait until later in the day.

Newcastle could use another fan :D

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! The trough urinals! My favorite story from SDS is the time a Cowboys fan was mouthing off and a bunch of Cards fans dumped him in the trough!
I walked into the restrooms behind/beneath the South Endzone bleachers during a Cowboys game and there was a female Cowboys fan squatting up on/in one of the men's room sinks to pee since the line for the women's bathroom was too long for her.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yes, but you have to wait until later in the day.

Newcastle could use another fan :D
How much later? No way I'm waking up at 4:30 to watch Man City (my son's club -- we're distantly related to Phil Foden) vs Liverpool (my other son's club). But they'll watch it at 8.

EPL's and the Champion's League's game summaries are the best things on YouTube.

My oldest is trying to convince me to support Leicester City, but I'm leaning toward Brentford.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
How much later? No way I'm waking up at 4:30 to watch Man City (my son's club -- we're distantly related to Phil Foden) vs Liverpool (my other son's club). But they'll watch it at 8.

EPL's and the Champion's League's game summaries are the best things on YouTube.

My oldest is trying to convince me to support Leicester City, but I'm leaning toward Brentford.
I grew up in an Arsenal house. Try to catch as much as possible.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Full disclosure I let my payment date lapse as promised. Instead of a phone call I got an email extending my date and pointing out my contract. So apparently they have dismissed the club account reps for more cost savings or they are afraid to call.

I asked the Cardinals what the penalty was for not keeping my contract for the club seats. I am going to wait to see what they say.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose