End of an Era - MadJack is out.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
People have short memories.
Remember when this was a 3-13 to 5-11 team every season for decades?

Now people are hopping mad at limping into the playoffs at 11-6.

We are clearly going to have to rebuild now, so morale is down. But the worst ever??

And curse Keim's awfulness all you want, but his seasons at GM were:

10-6
11-5
13-3
7-8-1
8-8
3-13
5-10-1
8-8
11-6
4-13

10 seasons. 4 double digit win seasons for a team than never had one before in AZ.
3 more seasons at about .500
3 losing seasons.

No doubt the last 14 months have been brutal. But yeah, I'm not sure how morale could be lower than watching the team be putrid year after year for decades. I guess things are viewed differently once accustomed to the team being awful every year.(with zero expectations of finishing a season with even a 8-8 record)

I could understand morale being near the lowest point ever if we were rolling into this season with Kliff, Keim, and Vance still in the building.

The sharp price increase this year was moronic though considering the current state of the team and Kyler missing a significant portion of the season. They should offering 25% discounts to those going to watch Colt McCoy running for his life, not a 25% increase.

Thanks MadJack for the many awesome banners throughout the years!!

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry to see you go MJ! I also contemplated giving it up. But,I enjoy tailgating with my son too much. Besides, my seats are great seats so maybe I become a broker. I have only listed one time that I recall and that was this past Christmas. It was pretty easy and everyone else is doing it, why not? Plus, the Cardinal way - turning players over every other year it’s not like they are trying to build the bonding experience anyway. So that’s where I stand.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes, that last banner above was a subliminal message as I feared it would be banned and thus No More banners. In the SDS days I truly spoke for the fans. My favorite of all time was the last game in SDS:

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES - BOTH OF ‘EM!!
My favorite of all time as well. I can’t believe they let you put it up.

You must be registered for see images attach

That one, and then in 1998 your WILD CARDS one was just perfect. That game had a magic feel to it.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What is more likely to happen ? Someone from franchise reaching out to MadJack or Cardinals attorneys sending a copyright claim for all the banner messages ?/

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
What is more likely to happen ? Someone from franchise reaching out to MadJack or Cardinals attorneys sending a copyright claim for all the banner messages ?/
In a related story:
I can tell you without mention of the parties involved that a certain club that has taken 200-400 fans to various road games thru the years has pretty much been shunned & treated unfairly as has Jack. Ownership, management & various others would often turn up to Saturday night events & now that’s mostly stopped because the team considers them “not what the team represents”. Lol. It’s comical because those guys who great work on those road games are “exactly what the franchise represents”.

It’s maddening how in the last 4-5 years has really gotten so much worse imo. As a 48 year fan who travels to games around our country every year, it’s very disappointing & disturbing.

Buckybird

Reaction score
We need someone to set up a go fund me to keep the banner alive.
Just donate your game tickets for 1/2 price when you, me, your son & John all go to a game together because we already know the result before Sunday. Lol. That’s a start :)

Buckybird

Reaction score
Great question!! The first one in 1995 said MAKE ‘ EM SWEAT! and last one last Dec (which was banned) is shown here.
The perfect ending & confirmed your decision. Will miss not seeing you on the lawn during my trips.

Last edited:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Just donate your game tickets for 1/2 price when you, me, your son & John all go to a game together because we already know the result before Sunday. Lol. That’s a start :)
I get it but, it's about the quest to get to all of the stadiums now. We talked about that last year in Denver. Still going to Houston this year. Only 5 more after that one. Plus if I am not mistaken that will be the last team that my son and I have not seen them play in a live game. No more about the money spent I just look at it as time I get to spend with my son and that is priceless. We have plenty of stories to tell the grandkids about our adventures, although most of them are memorable because of the whooping's we took.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The frustration has turned into apathy. I’ll be honest, I’ve been so out of touch with the Cards since the offseason

mobyhammy

Reaction score
I remember reading a story, not too long ago, about the Maras, the owner of the NY Giants, meeting with a long-time season ticket holder because she was upset with the direction of the team. I wonder if anything like that will happen here.

Buckybird

Reaction score
I get it but, it's about the quest to get to all of the stadiums now. We talked about that last year in Denver. Still going to Houston this year. Only 5 more after that one. Plus if I am not mistaken that will be the last team that my son and I have not seen them play in a live game. No more about the money spent I just look at it as time I get to spend with my son and that is priceless. We have plenty of stories to tell the grandkids about our adventures, although most of them are memorable because of the whooping's we took.
You know I was just harassing ya! Just remember to tell them the story of the Klownsbury voodoo doll too! I’m 2 for 2 lol. Hope you & the Mrs are doing well brotha

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite of all time as well. I can’t believe they let you put it up.

That one, and then in 1998 your WILD CARDS one was just perfect. That game had a magic feel to it.
The team had a contentious relationship with ASU over the use of the stadium, naming rights, concessions, parking, etc. so they likely saw it more as a slam on SDS than on the team's productivity.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadJack,.

After reading here how you emailed the team I decided to do the same. I said things in the same general gist... Tickets since 94... Team doesn't care about long time fans ... Etc etc

Much to my surprise, I got a call like 3 hours later. I am in Poland and it was 5:30 so it was 8:30 at home.

Basically he started to say how sad he was a die hard like me would drop the tickets. And that the ticket hike wasn't really that bad. (Which isn't at the top of the list of things I don't like now). I told him I didn't have time to talk and the call is .25 a minute. He asked when I would be back. Then promised to hold my seats 10 days

LOL

Buckybird

Reaction score
MadJack,.

After reading here how you emailed the team I decided to do the same. I said things in the same general gist... Tickets since 94... Team doesn't care about long time fans ... Etc etc

Much to my surprise, I got a call like 3 hours later. I am in Poland and it was 5:30 so it was 8:30 at home.

Basically he started to say how sad he was a die hard like me would drop the tickets. And that the ticket hike wasn't really that bad. (Which isn't at the top of the list of things I don't like now). I told him I didn't have time to talk and the call is .25 a minute. He asked when I would be back. Then promised to hold my seats 10 days

LOL
You should turn the tables & send them a bill for the call lol

Big_Red_One

Rookie
Reaction score
Always appreciated the banners at SDS when I would attend games. Thanks mate for all the effort over many many years and some awful teams.
Sad and pathetic Monti or someone high up from the organization has not reached out to you to better understand why....
Simply -
#birdshitty

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
MadJack,.

LOL
Tone deaf

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadJack,.

LOL
Tone deaf.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
How generous! I'm sure there is a line out the door of people itching to claim any open seats.
Good point. The problem is the single open seats will be snatched up by opposing fans (Cowboys, Giants etc.) at face value instead of the ridiculous resale market.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Good point. The problem is the single open seats will be snatched up by opposing fans (Cowboys, Giants etc.) at face value instead of the ridiculous resale market.
You can thank Mikey for that! We had a nice little thing going, one of the best home field advantages in football. People are voting with their feet, and it's hard to blame them.

What exactly is the pitch at this point? Drive way the hell out to the west side to sit in traffic, dodge fights to and fro, and pay a ton of money to watch a bad team lose? The juice ain't worth the squeeze, and hasn't been for a long time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose