Ellington limited in practice with foot injury

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Team should put him on IR designated to return if it's as serious as the media is letting on. Bring in another back. Dwyer and Taylor are not every down backs.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We won 10 games last season with Rashard Mendenhall impotently plowing into the backs of offensive linemen when he wasn't fumbling the ball. Is it possible to believe that Jonathan Dwyer can or will be worse than Mendenhall in an expanded role?

This is a passing offense. No less than on Wednesday, our season depends on the right arm of Carson Palmer and his ability not to repeatedly throw the ball to the other team.

Absolute truth. Dwyer looked better than Mendenhall in preseason that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
not really

Whatever!

Just like you wanting to rush back TM & let him play because "he's been cleared".

All I know is knee injuries typically took 12-18 months to come back fully before AD miraculously broke the trend a few years back. It seems now that Docs have that timeframe engraved in there heads. They should re-evaluate their timeframe because in case you didn't notice 2 guys now coming back in less than a year are now gone for the season with ACL injuries!!! Bradford & Bulagas new ligament tears were caused by not what would considered bad hits or twisting or a direct hit.

Believe what u wanna believe but you're dead wrong on both issues...and let's hope TM doesn't meet the same fate as the other 2 players mentioned!!!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever!

Just like you wanting to rush back TM & let him play because "he's been cleared".

All I know is knee injuries typically took 12-18 months to come back fully before AD miraculously broke the trend a few years back. It seems now that Docs have that timeframe engraved in there heads. They should re-evaluate their timeframe because in case you didn't notice 2 guys now coming back in less than a year are now gone for the season with ACL injuries!!! Bradford & Bulagas new ligament tears were caused by not what would considered bad hits or twisting or a direct hit.

Believe what u wanna believe but you're dead wrong on both issues...and let's hope TM doesn't meet the same fate as the other 2 players mentioned!!!

I dont want to rush anything, all I said is if the doctors say he can play, he should play. Just because you interpret it one way doesnt make it fact.

I'm not a cautious be careful all the time kind of guy and neither are football teams and players. Football is a reckless sport and to be the best, you need to be reckless.

As far as 12-18 months, alameda Taamu is scheduled to play Monday, he had less of an injury than TM but also a shorter timeframe to rehab. when they are ready, they should play. Playing scare of injuries is how you get garbage like ryan williams. \

Man up.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I dont want to rush anything, all I said is if the doctors say he can play, he should play. Just because you interpret it one way doesnt make it fact.

I'm not a cautious be careful all the time kind of guy and neither are football teams and players. Football is a reckless sport and to be the best, you need to be reckless.

As far as 12-18 months, alameda Taamu is scheduled to play Monday, he had less of an injury than TM but also a shorter timeframe to rehab. when they are ready, they should play. Playing scare of injuries is how you get garbage like ryan williams. \

Man up.

If you think the Doc has the players best interest in his decision of when a player returns from whatever injury you really haven't been paying attention in the last 2 years!!!

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We won 10 games last season with Rashard Mendenhall impotently plowing into the backs of offensive linemen when he wasn't fumbling the ball. Is it possible to believe that Jonathan Dwyer can or will be worse than Mendenhall in an expanded role?

This is a passing offense. No less than on Wednesday, our season depends on the right arm of Carson Palmer and his ability not to repeatedly throw the ball to the other team.

But we also had Ellington, who accounted for 48 first downs last year and added a completely different element to the offense. Now we have Stepfan Taylor and Robert Hughes to back up our plodding starter, which is obviously a huge drop off.

Carson's chances for success also take a huge hit if defenses don't fear anyone in our backfield. It's tough to see any defense caring about Taylor and Dwyer.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But we also had Ellington, who accounted for 48 first downs last year and added a completely different element to the offense. Now we have Stepfan Taylor and Robert Hughes to back up our plodding starter, which is obviously a huge drop off.

Carson's chances for success also take a huge hit if defenses don't fear anyone in our backfield. It's tough to see any defense caring about Taylor and Dwyer.

agreed. and the offense seemed to get better the more they got Ellington involved as the year went on.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you think the Doc has the players best interest in his decision of when a player returns from whatever injury you really haven't been paying attention in the last 2 years!!!

Ok!!!

Wow!!!

What insight!!!!

I like to add apostrophes!!!!!!

I dont know why I havent done it in the past but I'll gop ahead and fix it now.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Whatever!

I do not doubt that the doctors know more than us concerning the injury but the problem is is that when our doctors clear a player to play... well, the old man Bidwill still controls the medical staff and to save money he told the doctors that the Cardinals are a table tennis team (with a big framed picture of Jake Plummer in their offices) lol

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Now we'll see if Dwyer, Taylor, and Hughes are worth their roster spots. Next man up.

Is there a way Cards can pluck Grice off SD practice squad?

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This sounds suspiciously like a potential lisfranc injury, which would be a disaster.

Mikel Leshoure is out there and should be added if Ellington is going to be out.

No it doesn't. Lisfranc is a bone injury (displaced) and they have said it was muscle related.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

agreed. and the offense seemed to get better the more they got Ellington involved as the year went on.

Not sure what first downs mean for anything. Someone's going to pick up first downs. I kind of expected that with interior blocking still being a problem, we'd have seen less of Ellington than we would have liked because we'd be seeing more of Taylor and Dwyer for blocking purposes.

I honestly don't think that anyone feared our backfield last season, either. Ellington had great rate stats, but how much of that was a factor of teams expecting us to pass over and over, as well?

Yes, it's bad that our offense lost it's third-best player. But it also lost a guy who gained fewer yards than Mendenhall. This team is likely going to be involved in a lot of shootouts, anyway, which means fewer opportunities to carry the ball in the run game.

IMHO, Ellington has become fairly overrated on the board based on the fact that our perception of runningbacks has been so skewed by the dreck that has been forced upon us for the last decade or so. Ellington's a fine back with some potential, but he's not a foundation back like Lynch or Peterson or Charles.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what first downs mean for anything. Someone's going to pick up first downs. I kind of expected that with interior blocking still being a problem, we'd have seen less of Ellington than we would have liked because we'd be seeing more of Taylor and Dwyer for blocking purposes.

I honestly don't think that anyone feared our backfield last season, either. Ellington had great rate stats, but how much of that was a factor of teams expecting us to pass over and over, as well?

Yes, it's bad that our offense lost it's third-best player. But it also lost a guy who gained fewer yards than Mendenhall. This team is likely going to be involved in a lot of shootouts, anyway, which means fewer opportunities to carry the ball in the run game.

IMHO, Ellington has become fairly overrated on the board based on the fact that our perception of runningbacks has been so skewed by the dreck that has been forced upon us for the last decade or so. Ellington's a fine back with some potential, but he's not a foundation back like Lynch or Peterson or Charles.

Wourd

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think this has to be overblown or it just happened because there is no way we would go into the season with so few backs. Look at our LB numbers. I know they said aggravated on Thursday but if it has been hampering him for a while why not bolster the position on the Practice Squad.

Last edited:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok I get that having Ellington dinged up, thus our expectations of a running game have taken a hit, but he hasn't missed any time yet.

Arians and SK want players to play through pain. It seems like Ellington has.

We don't know much, but supposedly he's had this for weeks, which means he probably had it when we played the 3rd preseason game. He looked pretty good.

It's hurting him, but it seems he can still run. It seems he aggravated it in practice yesterday, and it might be something he has to deal with for a few weeks.

We'll see what the MRI says, as it is possible something bad happened weeks or maybe even a month ago and he's been playing through it, but I doubt anything big happened in practice. The only thing that probably happened besides the aggravation was that we learned he is dealing with this.

If he can play like he played in the 3rd preseason game, we're fine. That may be an IF, but it doesn't sound like a big one.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Yuuuuup

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok I get that having Ellington dinged up, thus our expectations of a running game have taken a hit, but he hasn't missed any time yet.

Arians and SK want players to play through pain. It seems like Ellington has.

We don't know much, but supposedly he's had this for weeks, which means he probably had it when we played the 3rd preseason game. He looked pretty good.

It's hurting him, but it seems he can still run. It seems he aggravated it in practice yesterday, and it might be something he has to deal with for a few weeks.

We'll see what the MRI says, as it is possible something bad happened weeks or maybe even a month ago and he's been playing through it, but I doubt anything big happened in practice. The only thing that probably happened besides the aggravation was that we learned he is dealing with this.

If he can play like he played in the 3rd preseason game, we're fine. That may be an IF, but it doesn't sound like a big one.

I hope your right!

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Same old same old:

It doesn't seem to ever change from year to year. I guess all of us just forgot and had our hopes up again. The usual scenario for years now:

RB gets hurt and is either out or limited. Thus our running goes to hell. Defenses know this and put the pressure on our passing game. QB is overly pressured, can't find WR open, and throws an interception for every TD he throws.

Why don't they just run the same film every first or second week of the season for us.

What I don't get is how we each fell for the idea that this year would be any different. Aren't we ever going to learn. We are the Cardinals, for christ sake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard