Eight on five

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
No point in being surprised, I guess--that's always been the Spurs' advantage.

Imagine how bad it will be in games 3 and 4. :rolleyes:

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Ticky tack on a suns everytime spurs go inside, swallowed whistle everytime suns go inside.

Tim Duncans hook and pull trick is the oldest **** in the books and the ref was RIGHT THERE and "missed it".

I wonder what they gave him you know, 100,000 to call that? maybe even $200,000.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
What a crap call on Amare...

This is the playoffs!

Those kinda calls should be no calls. It had nothing to do with the play. The Suns had the ball, on the run. That call stopped play and gave the Spurs 2 free throws.

Spurs 18 free throws vs. Suns 6 free throws...

I dont expect the Suns to get alot of free throws, but that is a big margin.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
First of all the refs are calling a lot of fouls to slow down the game, lots of ticky-tack especially on the suns, they are fouling out our bigman, lastly the ref that called that 3rd on Amare was RIGHT THERE when it happend and it was blatantly obvious duncan was hooking him and pulling.

OP
OP
F-Dog

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Duncan didn't get any piece of the ball on that Barbosa layup, either. 5-point swing.

I guess it could be worse--that foul on Amare was worth close to 15 pts.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I don't mind single coverage on Duncan, but you absolutely HAVE to stay home on the shooters if you're going that route; especially when Horry or Finley are on the floor.

OP
OP
F-Dog

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
...and the refs finish off their day by falling for Parker's flop. :mad:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
F-Dog, you're just covering your ass for having predicted a Suns victory. There's no reason to think that the Spurs' savvy will ever stop being a huge factor.

OP
OP
F-Dog

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
No, I expected them to get the calls, and they did.

I still think the Suns will be able to overcome it this time, but it's going to take more than 5 games. ;)

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Ok I have been watching that play where parker and nash collided over and over, and I have a serious theory here.

Watching it, you can see nash first lowers his head to try and steal the ball from parker, and a half second later parker actually purposely lowers his forhead into the lower forhead portion of nash.

Parker falls down acting like he got hit by a train, when in fact his upper forhead hit the more soft part of nash's forhead.

I would bet he did that on purpose, and that is why nash looked a LOT worse obviously than parker.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if anyone has a gripe with the refs, it's the Spurs, but I thought the fouls were spread out evenly. That foul on Barbosa ... what was he thinking? It wasn't a foul, but there was too much contact made on that play when you're not trying to deny the ball ... you're just trying to keep him in front of you. It wasn't a smart play on his part. Amare came down and split Duncan and Horry and blanked on what amounted to an uncontested layup. When is he ever going to get a call like that in the playoffs?

Just ... not smart play by anyone except Nash and Bell. That's why they lost this game.

mribnik

Reaction score
Ok I have been watching that play where parker and nash collided over and over, and I have a serious theory here.

Watching it, you can see nash first lowers his head to try and steal the ball from parker, and a half second later parker actually purposely lowers his forhead into the lower forhead portion of nash.

Parker falls down acting like he got hit by a train, when in fact his upper forhead hit the more soft part of nash's forhead.

I would bet he did that on purpose, and that is why nash looked a LOT worse obviously than parker.

You're crazy if you think that was an intentional move by Parker. It was an unfortunate play, that's it.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I made that argument in the chat and people tried to rip me a new butthole. Typical officiating in a SA game, just like I expected. I guess things will never change so there's no point in even complaining. Channel 15 news reporter just said the officiating was horrible :)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are we complaining about officiating? How many times did we go to the line today?

We lost because we let Horry and Finley go off from the three-point line, while letting Tony Parking shoot uncontested 15 footers all day. It's really simple: If the Suns defense has improved, they don't get wide open shots like that.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Spurs had more fouls called on them than the Suns and the FT's were pretty much the same until we had to start fouling intentionally.

And to suggest Parker intentionally headbutted Nash is ridiculous.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Parker had a huge welt on his head, he wasn't faking. And I guarantee he wasn't aware enough to head-butt Nash on purpose. He isn't the Flash.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
D'Antoni just said there were tough calls that changed the course of the game, just like the last time they played SA, and the time before that, and the time before that, and before that. His quote, not mine.

Tim Kempton said refs affected the outcome and they shouldn't have that much effect on the game.

D'Antoni interview: Tech on Iavaroni was for complaining after halftime about the Amare 3rd foul after they watched replays of it.

Last edited:

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
The refs completely blew it for the suns! Thats why the Spurs committed 27 fouls and the Suns committed 23, DOH!. It was poorly officiated on both ends. But to blame the refs is weak sauce.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if anyone has a gripe with the refs, it's the Spurs, but I thought the fouls were spread out evenly. That foul on Barbosa ... what was he thinking? It wasn't a foul, but there was too much contact made on that play when you're not trying to deny the ball ... you're just trying to keep him in front of you. It wasn't a smart play on his part. Amare came down and split Duncan and Horry and blanked on what amounted to an uncontested layup. When is he ever going to get a call like that in the playoffs?

Just ... not smart play by anyone except Nash and Bell. That's why they lost this game.

totally agree.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made that argument in the chat and people tried to rip me a new butthole. Typical officiating in a SA game, just like I expected. I guess things will never change so there's no point in even complaining. Channel 15 news reporter just said the officiating was horrible :)

no way! a Phoenix news guy said there was biased officiating?! HOLY COW! STOP THE PRESSES!

Good lord, please, please, please, don't let the Suns and their collective fans become as pathetic as Dallas or Sacto fans.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The officiating didn't lose this game for us--our defensive game plan in the 1st half did.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D'Antoni just said there were tough calls that changed the course of the game, just like the last time they played SA, and the time before that, and the time before that, and before that. His quote, not mine.

if DA's saying this, I consider the game already lost. He's a freaking priss.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson