Early Concerns About BA

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well like I said Wilson is on the downside and was seeing less and less playing time, William gay was not really any good, Kerry Rhodes turned down restructuring and an extension can't really cry about losing him if he didn't want to be here. I would of liked to have Tolar but is he really the key to your defense he's not a make or break player. I think Rashad Johnson is going to be really good and this I'd the deepest safety class maybe ever in the draft.

As far as offense who did you want them to go get. Let's understand were not winning next year hell 10 wins might not get you into the playoffs next year in our division. Jake long was the big name out there but he's finished the last two seasons on the injured list.

we have the worst offensive line in football and have so for three years and Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Sebastian Vollmer, Andre Smith were all FA at OT and Brandon Moore and Andy Levitre were available at OG. We didn't even kick the tires on these guys. Another position we've been desperate to fill has been a true pass rusher... what happens? Elvis Dumeril pops open on the market and do we even take a whiff? no.

bottom line... even if you're a rebuilding club, that doesn't mean if there are good impact players you just pass on them because you're calling a mulligan on the season. that's complete crap IMO. You build through FA and the draft and if you're able to get one of those guys above, just one them, then you don't paint yourself into a corner at 7, like we did with Levi Brown back in the day.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
we have the worst offensive line in football and have so for three years and Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Sebastian Vollmer, Andre Smith were all FA at OT and Brandon Moore and Andy Levitre were available at OG. We didn't even kick the tires on these guys. Another position we've been desperate to fill has been a true pass rusher... what happens? Elvis Dumeril pops open on the market and do we even take a whiff? no.

bottom line... even if you're a rebuilding club, that doesn't mean if there are good impact players you just pass on them because you're calling a mulligan on the season. that's complete crap IMO. You build through FA and the draft and if you're able to get one of those guys above, just one them, then you don't paint yourself into a corner at 7, like we did with Levi Brown back in the day.

Who knows if we kicked the tires. Fact is BA and Keim inherited some bad personnel moves and they need to work around them and get younger and better on the OL. 2013 is about treading water and cleaning up the messes from the past and hoping they catch lightning in a bottle on some of these guys. If he can really turn Stanton in to a serviceable starter that buys us some flexibility to fix some other needed areas. OL, LB, TE, S, RB + taking a late round or UFA flyer on a Renfree for the future. How nice to take a guy who has the tools and let the QB gurus prove they are for real and have a guy who can play in the future or provide trade bait the way Andy Reid has been known to do.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
There are lots of reasons to be concerned about Bruce Arians. The commented mentioned in the OP is not nearly one of them.

Judge him by his actions, not by his words. Especially words spoken in the month leading up to the draft.

Now that is something I can whole-heartedly agree with. Well said.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Its one thing to talk up your players, all coaches do that. Harbaugh is doing that with Bust Jenkins saying he could make a push to be their break out player next year.

But when BA calls Levi Brown "Elite", no joke, thats a major red flag. It makes me question his ability to judge talent ( and thus makes me question the Stanton choice) and his ability to be a successful NFL head coach.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/94975/around-the-nfc-west-elite-levi-brown

Calling an OK player whos struggled most of his career "Elite" is stepping into senile territory.

Im just saying it makes me nervous and if in 3 years we are 2-14 with the worst roster in the NFL, I will bump this thread.

I sure hope Arians does not read this, he will shudder to know your opinion :)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I have concerns about several areas of the Cardinals organization, not just Bruce Arians.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Banking on guys like Drew Stanton and Rashad Johnson and Yerimiah Bell and hopefully a rookie? With a HC with no previous record of success on his own? Our last HC who you claim sucked also had a ring AND two NFC West titles and an NFC championship. Took a team that had won only 16 games total the previous 3 seasons to the SB in only two years without blowing up the roster. Far better resume than your grand daddy Arians. Looks like the same old Cardinals with Dave McGinnis and Jeff Blake to me. 4-12 or 5-11 just like always. Our season will be finito by the end of September.

On the other hand these are the Cardinals and nothing they do is normal. They'll probably go 11-5 this coming season.

Funny how the greatest coach in the history of the cardinals started to look really really bad the second the greatest QB in the history of the franchise left, why are we in the situation we are in? Your boy Whiz thought giving Kolb the back was as good idea he also ignored the offensive line like it was his personal mission to destroy it.

Stop with the secondary already. I gave very good and truthful reasons why those guys are gone. Yes drew Stanton I don't know who you wanted to go out and get.

Listen if you think Whiz deserved to keep his job after last year then let's just agree to disagree

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was cute. I'm a grown ass man I don't come here to get in flame wars on internet message boards. If that's your thing that's cool.

lmao - says the guy who took offense to me posting an image of a chicken who thinks the sky is falling? it wasnt even directed at you but if you want to get upset over it, have at it. This picture is a thread synopsis and has nothing to do with you. You must not understand the reference if you think otherwise. Your not even saying the sky is falling.

Sam Wise

Big, Dumb, Stupid Looking
Reaction score
Levi Brown was the reason we got to the SB, Kurt was immobile and we were last in rush attempts, Rush yards in a 1 dimensional pass offense. I've been scorched for years but I know what I know. NO OTHER TACKLE HAS EVER ACCOMPLISHED WHAT LEVI HAS ACCOMPLISHED! Joe Thomas was never asked to do that, No tackle has ever been asked to do what Levi has already done- it was formerly impossible.

26 sacks in 610 attempts with a last place run game 2 years in a row - and people call him a bust? He deserves a medal or a ring, not trashed.

I agree with most of this, Wayne Gandy also had a major role in keeping Warner upright. Despite everyone bashing Levi because of the success of AP, he has always been better than what most see. He is always in good shape, he has good feet, is strong(actually really strong), he never complains or blames anyone else for our crappy QB and O line, if he wasn't there it would go from bad to cataclismic.

Also when did we go from hating Snyder to hating College? Honestly he was completely awful last year not nearly as bad as Snyder.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
lmao - says the guy who took offense to me posting an image of a chicken who thinks the sky is falling? it wasnt even directed at you but if you want to get upset over it, have at it. This picture is a thread synopsis and has nothing to do with you. You must not understand the reference if you think otherwise. Your not even saying the sky is falling.

I just can't help but laugh at the sky is falling posts like yours when it comes to the Cardinals. Not only has the sky fallen on them but the earth has collapsed under their feet 18-31 since that great game vs Green Bay. An offense that averaged 13.6 ppg in 2010 and finished 31st last season. Just hired a guy as HC that no other team hired as HC in 15 years in the NFL. I could see that if we were Baltimore or New England or Pittsburgh fans.

Excuse me for wanting more from the Cards than 4-12 or 5-11. That NFC title and Fitzs TD in the SB and hanging 400 yards of offense vs the top defenses in the NFL spoiled me.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just can't help but laugh at the sky is falling posts like yours when it comes to the Cardinals. Not only has the sky fallen on them but the earth has collapsed under their feet 18-31 since that great game vs Green Bay. An offense that averaged 13.6 ppg in 2010 and finished 31st last season. Just hired a guy as HC that no other team hired as HC in 15 years in the NFL. I could see that if we were Baltimore or New England or Pittsburgh fans.

Excuse me for wanting more from the Cards than 4-12 or 5-11. That NFC title and Fitzs TD in the SB and hanging 400 yards of offense vs the top defenses in the NFL spoiled me.

I have no problem with you wanting the best but lets at least see what happens before we start lighting our hair on fire. The guy did well elsewhere and has a plan, this is our coach for 2-4 years either way so sit back, relax and hope for the best.

It cant be much worse than the last 3 years so we have that going for us already.

To be screaming from the rooftops right now that we are doomed without a single snap played is a bit much.

The good years were spoiling but I am a long time fan of one of the worest franchises in history, I learned long ago just to enjoy it and see what happens.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard