Dwayne Haskins...

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
If Rosen gets a compound fracture and infection like Alex Smith during garbage time, maybe Wilks can put us in desperate need for a QB

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m just losing faith in Rosen even with no line or weapons, he has accuracy problems

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yea. I will admit I’m mad he’s not looking like Drew Brees working with KMart, Chevrolet, & Burger King employees all around him.

And when he's had time to throw he's shown to be very innacurate, its concerning and if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you. I've been in Joshs's camp since day 1 but I am concerned. Haskins grades to a 1st round pick, has the size, accolades, he could be a tantalizing prospect.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And when he's had time to throw he's shown to be very innacurate, its concerning and if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you. I've been in Joshs's camp since day 1 but I am concerned. Haskins grades to a 1st round pick, has the size, accolades, he could be a tantalizing prospect.
Tell me what organization ever drafted QBs in the 1st round in back to back years?

How about we surround Rosen with actual talent then we can make a verdict.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tell me what organization ever drafted QBs in the 1st round in back to back years?

no never happen
and he needs a second season with better cast around him
but u cant ignore the fact he has been pretty dissapointing this season, and what supposed to be a strenght (accuracy ) is a weakness but fortunately he showed some toughness i didnt expect

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
rosen today 12/23 83 yards

it is a costant

nerver touched a 300 yards in 1 game, average for a game is like 150 yards for game

those are ryan lindley numbers with an injured arm

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

So if a Peyton Manning type was there you'd defer the pick because we have Rosen who has about a 50/50 chance of panning out?

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
rosen today 12/23 83 yards

it is a costant

nerver touched a 300 yards in 1 game, average for a game is like 150 yards for game

those are ryan lindley numbers with an injured arm

Yep, and I know he doesn't have much to work with, and I was entirely happy with the pick, but he's looked awful, I just can't be sold on him yet.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So if a Peyton Manning type was there you'd defer the pick because we have Rosen who has about a 50/50 chance of panning out?
There’s never been a “Peyton Manning type” or never will be. This is kind of....not smart.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
It is absolutely idiotic to give up on Rosen 12 games into his career.How come so many kept slobbering over worthless NKemdiche after nearly 3 years old nothing and yet want to dump Rosen after less than a year.Crazy nonsense.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Have you checked out the completion percentage of the QB ' s from this class, other than Mayfield who better surrounded ?

P.S - He's 21.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we weren't so depleted across our entire team I would without a doubt. The problem is we're so depleted everywhere that it starts to make the case that you need to build the rest of the team or it doesn't matter. If SK had done his job we wouldn't be in such a bind and I would trade down and grab him.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
When was the last tattoo u. QB to be worth a damn in the NFL?

What does "tattoo u" mean? You could make that argument for basically any team during any 20 year period since their last decent QB. I could say the same thing about UCLA... IIRC the last solid QB they put out is Aikman 30 years ago.

OSU up until this year under Urban had utilized the QB run as much as any team so they were basically run first QBs. This is the first time they have a had a pure passer, and the only reason they went with that scheme was just because how lights out Haskins was in that role, not because they wanted to abandon it.

I just think as far as QBs are concerned looking outside the Pac12 is the bet in the recent era unless there is someone just insanely special because I don't think they are matching up with NFL Lite type of teams, so it's really hard to use that performance as a future predictor. The Pac12 as a whole has been pretty poor of late and a reason they keep missing the playoffs.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Even if Rosen isn't the guy, you can't draft a QB because he would fail as bad as Rosen ... that is just ... not how you should do it.

Build up an O-line that can protect and a HC and OC that can work with a young QB and if they think Rosen isn't the guy next year or the year after draft a new one and hand him over an decent to good position to start with and not this mess.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
What does "tattoo u" mean? You could make that argument for basically any team during any 20 year period since their last decent QB. I could say the same thing about UCLA... IIRC the last solid QB they put out is Aikman 30 years ago.

OSU up until this year under Urban had utilized the QB run as much as any team so they were basically run first QBs. This is the first time they have a had a pure passer, and the only reason they went with that scheme was just because how lights out Haskins was in that role, not because they wanted to abandon it.

I just think as far as QBs are concerned looking outside the Pac12 is the bet in the recent era unless there is someone just insanely special because I don't think they are matching up with NFL Lite type of teams, so it's really hard to use that performance as a future predictor. The Pac12 as a whole has been pretty poor of late and a reason they keep missing the playoffs.

Cade McNown And Tommy Maddox

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave