Dwayne Haskins...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
There’s a reason why Bradford, DJ, and Fitz had their worst, or close to their worst, season of their careers. Heck, Gresham might not even eclipse 100 yards on the season. Coaching is the one consistent variable here.

Expecting a rookie to succeed under these circumstances isn’t fair.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just suppose -

K2 really likes Haskins (or Murray) more than he does Rosen...

...and he receives a trade-down offer of Rosen for 3 or more picks (including a 1st round pick high enough to secure Haskins or Murray).

If you're Kliff, do you do that deal?

Discuss.

(Note - I'm guessing the only way this works is when the trade-up partner is on the clock).

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Just suppose -

...and he receives a trade-down offer of Rosen for 3 or more picks (including a 1st round pick high enough to secure Haskins or Murray).

Discuss.

(Note - I'm guessing the only way this works is when the trade-up partner is on the clock).

No, especially considering trading Rosen all of a sudden turns in to $8+ million of dead cap space

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just suppose -

Discuss.

Keim does the shopping and KK has said CLEARLY that he's going forward with Rosen.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don’t touch Murray with a 10 foot pole regardless… The kid isn’t even committed to football can’t make a decision

Yup, and there's reason we fired Wilks after only one season... he was a liability to everyone, which includes Rosen

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Haskins is not ready for prime-time...he should've stayed in school. However, I don't blame him, for this year's QB class is super weak and it puts him in a position to be drafted higher than he should.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Haskins is not ready for prime-time...he should've stayed in school. However, I don't blame him, for this year's QB class is super weak and it puts him in a position to be drafted higher than he should.

Few QBs with that few starts make it in the NFL.

I'm still not convinced about Trubisky.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Haskins is the real deal.

If it wasn’t for urban Meyers blind loyalty to Barret and the run/option,
Haskins would’ve started earlier.

He’s every bit the passer Mahomes is but less mobility. Bigger though.

I know the Cards love Rosen but Haskins is a better prospect.

Reaction score

He can throw it sidearm & curve it around his OL standing in his view? I don't think anyone is every bit the passer Mahomes is. That kid is truly special.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

I know the Cards love Rosen but Haskins is a better prospect.[/QUOT

How many Ohio State QBs have been worth a damn in the NFL?Biased much Cbus.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
What does that have to do with anything?

How many Mike Leach type offense QB's have had any success in the NFL prior to Mahomes? How many WR's from Pitt have had success in the NFL prior to Larry?

Your point would be more valid if you asked how many Urban Meyer QB's have had success in the NFL?

However, Meyer let Ryan Day control the offense with Haskins. In fact. when Meyer tried to run "his" offense is when Haskins had a couple sub par, for him, games. But, to Haskins credit, he did become more of a running threat late in the year but that's not his game at all.

I think it's hilarious that Haskins, in 5 1/2 quarters against what is supposedly a very good, top 10 Michigan defense, Haskins has led OSU to 79 points against them.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

The Dwayne Haskins Bandwagon has a driver! :)

Cbus, would you recommend that the Cardinals draft Haskins at #1 sir?

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
The Dwayne Haskins Bandwagon has a driver! :)

Cbus, would you recommend that the Cardinals draft Haskins at #1 sir?
I said much earlier in the year that I would do it even though I think there's about . 0001% the Cards do it. I understand that and like Rosen.

It's just that Haskins is better in every way and is going to be a much better pro than Rosen. With Rosen, you get a Lincoln. With Haskins you get a Porsche. I'll take the Porsche even if I did just get a Lincoln the previous year.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

How many Mike Leach type offense QB's have had any success in the NFL prior to Mahomes? How many WR's from Pitt have had success in the NFL prior to Larry?

Your point would be more valid if you asked how many Urban Meyer QB's have had success in the NFL?

However, Meyer let Ryan Day control the offense with Haskins. In fact. when Meyer tried to run "his" offense is when Haskins had a couple sub par, for him, games. But, to Haskins credit, he did become more of a running threat late in the year but that's not his game at all.

I think it's hilarious that Haskins, in 5 1/2 quarters against what is supposedly a very good, top 10 Michigan defense, Haskins has led OSU to 79 points against them.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

How does that success against Michigan transfer to the NFL? Considering Haskins had many future NFl players helping him gain such success I take his record with a grain of salt.I say you view Ohio State prospects thru rose colored glasses every time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard