Dwayne Haskins...

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
How does that success against Michigan transfer to the NFL? Considering Haskins had many future NFl players helping him gain such success I take his record with a grain of salt.I say you view Ohio State prospects thru rose colored glasses every time.
Well, all I can say is look back through the years when it comes to OSU prospects. In fact, I'd bet you'd find I'm not high on a lot of them but do hype the ones I like.

I just said I thought it was hilarious about his dismantling of a good Michigan defense. However, most players are given more credit/criticism on how they perform against better competition.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I said much earlier in the year that I would do it even though I think there's about . 0001% the Cards do it. I understand that and like Rosen.

It's just that Haskins is better in every way and is going to be a much better pro than Rosen. With Rosen, you get a Lincoln. With Haskins you get a Porsche. I'll take the Porsche even if I did just get a Lincoln the previous year.

What a treat it would be for you on Sunday's to watch Haskins, decked out in Cardinal red, standing in the pocket and throwing laser beams to Kirk & Fitzgerald. Bringing glory both ARZ and the OSU. Agree with you though that it's unfortunate timing for the Buckeyes to send a top-tier QB to the pros.

Last edited:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Well, all I can say is look back through the years when it comes to OSU prospects. In fact, I'd bet you'd find I'm not high on a lot of them but do hype the ones I like.

I just said I thought it was hilarious about his dismantling of a good Michigan defense. However, most players are given more credit/criticism on how they perform against better competition.

no big deal.I used to get hyped up about many Louisville prospects also.After several underwhelming careers I tend to be more half-empty glass type right now.I remember Stepanovich...I thought he was going to be a very good solid anchor for the Cards Oline for 10 years.Oh well.I like Bosa and think he should be Cards top pick.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haskins is the real deal.

If it wasn’t for urban Meyers blind loyalty to Barret and the run/option,
Haskins would’ve started earlier.

He’s every bit the passer Mahomes is but less mobility. Bigger though.

I know the Cards love Rosen but Haskins is a better prospect.
Whew man he is definitely not that & won’t ever be that.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I said much earlier in the year that I would do it even though I think there's about . 0001% the Cards do it. I understand that and like Rosen.

It's just that Haskins is better in every way and is going to be a much better pro than Rosen. With Rosen, you get a Lincoln. With Haskins you get a Porsche. I'll take the Porsche even if I did just get a Lincoln the previous year.

This would be an absolutely wonderful way to kiss away the opportunity to really build with the #1 pick. It wouldn't even make zero sense...it would make less than zero sense :)

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
This would be an absolutely wonderful way to kiss away the opportunity to really build with the #1 pick. It wouldn't even make zero sense...it would make less than zero sense :)

Lol... someone call 911, because we've got shots fired on the Dwayne Haskins thread! :)

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
We'll see how it plays out.

It's not all that implausible that 4-5 years down the road the Cards, while watching Haskins lead the Giants to the Super Bowl, are kicking themselves for passing on the top QB with the #1 pick because they had Rosen, who is then working on a college football studio show teamed with Matt Leinart.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

It's not all that implausible that 4-5 years down the road the Cards, while watching Haskins lead the Giants to the Super Bowl, are kicking themselves for passing on the top QB with the #1 pick because they had Rosen, who is then working on a college football studio show teamed with Matt Leinart.
Giants aren't going to get him at #6 if he's all that. When the smoke clears after the combine, if he's puts on a show, teams will be in line to move up to grab him. And we'll be waiting for that. Otherwise, pass.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Did anyone read what the idiot Stephen A. Smith did now? He called Haskins a runner instead of a pocket passer.SAS is a really dumb tool when it comes to football.A little loudmouth turdwad with a loud voice.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This stuff happens in every draft. Are we and 25 other teams still lamenting passing over Aaron Rodgers?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

Its also not implausible that Haskins will be like all the other Ohio State QBs in the NFL and doing the commentary for OHIO ST after a less than stellar NFL career.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Or we can have faith in our pick as QBOF and build a team around him. We have some desperate need for top-end talent on this team, and drafting a second first-round QB in the row would contravene that strategy. If we KNEW Haskins was sure-fire...but yeah, that's impossible. I'm not a huge Keim fan, but I hope he is smart enough to add talent around the team rather than repeating draft picks at one position based on a wing and a prayer while giving up on his own QBOF pick.

I get it. He's a good college QB from your college. I'd be banging the table for him, too, if he played at Penn State, probably. If that were the case, would you still be clamoring for him at #1?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

:biglaugh:

What a tool!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Keep the faith man.

It's so easy to sit back and type "yeah, QB "X" is going to suck, and you're stupid for wanting to draft him!" Whoever says that is only playing the odds. Most QBs do suck once the get into the NFL.

But you know more about Haskins than anybody else on this board. By a mile probably. You know how good he his, so don't let the naysayers shout you down. Come back at them with facts.

Plus this is all just bullsh*t anyway until the combine.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Its also not implausible that Haskins will be like all the other Ohio State QBs in the NFL and doing the commentary for OHIO ST after a less than stellar NFL career.
Hence, the "we'll see how it plays out" comment.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Or we can have faith in our pick as QBOF and build a team around him. We have some desperate need for top-end talent on this team, and drafting a second first-round QB in the row would contravene that strategy. If we KNEW Haskins was sure-fire...but yeah, that's impossible. I'm not a huge Keim fan, but I hope he is smart enough to add talent around the team rather than repeating draft picks at one position based on a wing and a prayer while giving up on his own QBOF pick.

I get it. He's a good college QB from your college. I'd be banging the table for him, too, if he played at Penn State, probably. If that were the case, would you still be clamoring for him at #1?

What a tool!
I like Rosen and I don't think the Cards would, or even should, take Haskins. But I WANT them to,and it would be a gutsy move, because he's going to better, imo, than Rosen and an elite QB in the league. QB is the most important position so passing on the best one in the draft with no proven QB on your roster isn't necessarily a good thing. But I get it since they used a high pick on the 4th best QB last year.

You bring up a good point about if he was PSU's QB. I probably wouldn't be so much in favor of it. Yes, him playing for OSU makes me want him on the Cards even more. I've also seen him play much more than I would if he played for PSU.

But, as for being a homer, I'm not all that keen on Bosa as the Cards pick at 1. I think he will be, but I'd rather have Haskins over him. That's just me though.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

My lincoln might just make it further when I use the steamroller I bought the following year to run over your porsche...

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards won't take Haskins because they do have Rosen. Haskins could become a better pro. However, it's all about winning and SK needs to build a solid team around Rosen. IMO we really don't know what we have in Rosen. This will be a very important season for him and the Cards. Additionally, I like what I have seen from Haskins and feel he is the best qb in the draft by far but who knows if he will be a good pro, that depends a lot on the team that drafts him.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your going to draft a QB in this draft. This should be the guy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson