Durant to Suns

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tod is early judgment day debut for kd on suns

Really hoping see a huge kd performance like 28 30 plus points

I am sooooooo ready for ton

Suns better crush hornets with da book cp3 kd!!!!!!

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For spring break I am going to San Diego, California. My niece was going to surprise me with game tickets to a Suns game. She waited one day too late because after the Durant trade the price for tickets went through the roof. Lol

Where at? We are headed out to Carlsbad for spring break.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KD's durability. While KD has had injuries, his game looks like one that can age well. He uses his incredible length and skill set, but does not depend on explosive athleticism on offense or D.

I just have to wonder about the thinness of that body of his.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
KD's durability. While KD has had injuries, his game looks like one that can age well. He uses his incredible length and skill set, but does not depend on explosive athleticism on offense or D.

I just have to wonder about the thinness of that body of his.
Well he’s always been thin and here he is with a 15-year career and still putting numbers up that compare with the very best seasons in his career.

Yeah, him being thin isn’t an issue.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This years injury wasn’t because of Durants body betraying him, someone ran into him.

He’s had this injury before and said he knows how and when to come back from it.

My only fear is Monty playing him more minutes than planned. And he already exceeded the minutes last night imo.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Not sure how Chuck can really have an opinion on this. He tried to join an established team to chase a ring towards the end of his career and still never won one. Shaq was arguably the best player on 4 title teams, but in this current league you need to have another star next to you to have a real chance at winning.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how Chuck can really have an opinion on this. He tried to join an established team to chase a ring towards the end of his career and still never won one. Shaq was arguably the best player on 4 title teams, but in this current league you need to have another star next to you to have a real chance at winning.
Shaq especially has no room to talk. He could have built something in Orlando but bolted. He could have joined almost any small market team to prove he could get it done. He joined the Lakers for a chance to play in a big market with other stars. He then went to play with Wade in Miami. He has ZERO room to talk. Chuck was ring chasing at the very end in Houston but at least he tried to bring it home with the Suns.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Shaq especially has no room to talk. He could have built something in Orlando but bolted. He joined Miami and the Lakers to play with another Superstar. He has ZERO room to talk. Chuck was ring chasing at the very end in Houston but at least he tried to bring it home with the Suns.
Who was the superstar that he bolted to LA for? Their 2nd best player behind Shaq at the time was Eddie Jones. I think he just wanted the glitz and glamour of LA. Him leaving LA is well documented to have to do with the toxic relationship between himself and Kobe.

When he joined Miami he was also easily the best player. Wade looked like a very promising young player, but he had hardly established himself as a superstar at the point that Shaq joined.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That’s actually not true. Chuck addressed how he got to Houston on the all the smoke podcast

Houston called him and said hey if we trade for you are you going to want a new contract. That’s how he found out Phoenix was shopping him. He called the Suns and they denied it .

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who was the superstar that he bolted to LA for? Their 2nd best player behind Shaq at the time was Eddie Jones. I think he just wanted the glitz and glamour of LA. Him leaving LA is well documented to have to do with the toxic relationship between himself and Kobe.

When he joined Miami he was also easily the best player. Wade looked like a very promising young player, but he had hardly established himself as a superstar at the point that Shaq joined.
That's right. They didn't know what they had in Kobe yet (I believe he was drafted the month before Shaq signed) but Shaq went to the Lakers because it was a big market that could attract big free agents that he didn't think could happen in Orlando. He knew the Lakers could draw other stars. It's not like he chose another small market team to prove to the league he could get it done anywhere. Then he went to Miami because he thought Wade was another Kobe in the making and if he went there he would win another title before Kobe. Every move Shaq made was calculated. Hell....he thought he could squeeze another in there with Nash.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's right. They didn't know what they had in Kobe yet (I believe he was drafted the month before Shaq signed) but Shaq went to the Lakers because it was a big market that could attract big free agents that he didn't think could happen in Orlando. He knew the Lakers could draw other stars.
You’re making it seem like he did nothing in Orlando and went to the Lakers so he could win.

But that completely ignores the fact that they’d already been to the Finals two years before he went to LA and a month before he went to LA, they won 60 games before losing in the Conference Finals.

And you’re also misremembering the idea that Orlando couldn’t get star FAs… considering that Horace Grant was one of the biggest FA during the summer of 1994, was smack dab in the middle of his prime and he chose Orlando. Everyone thought he was the missing piece.

And the Magic were viewed as the team of future with him and Penny so I really don’t think you can say he went to LA as a ring chaser. This was all pre-Penny knee injuries and that team looked like they were going to battle for control of the East with the Bulls in the present and the far into to the future.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’re making it seem like he did nothing in Orlando and went to the Lakers so he could win.

But that completely ignores the fact that they’d already been to the Finals two years before he went to LA and a month before he went to LA, they won 60 games before losing in the Conference Finals.

And you’re also misremembering the idea that Orlando couldn’t get star FAs… considering that Horace Grant was one of the biggest FA during the summer of 1994, was smack dab in the middle of his prime and he chose Orlando. Everyone thought he was the missing piece.

And the Magic were viewed as the team of future with him and Penny so I really don’t think you can say he went to LA as a ring chaser. This was all pre-Penny knee injuries and that team looked like they were going to battle for control of the East with the Bulls in the present and the far into to the future.

That Orlando team was really stinkin good. If he stays I think they win several titles. Even after Shaq left the Magic were able to land Tracy McGrady as a free agent, Grant Hill and, by all accounts, Tim Duncan was a breath away from joining too but meeting Doc Rivers put him off.

They were a major free agent destination at the time.

You're right, Shaq didn't bail to chase rings, he bailed to chase a terrible career in music and film. I don't think basketball became his top priority until Jackson got there. Not trying to bash Shaq though, in my life time there was never a more unstoppable offensive monster than him. Teams literally signed extra bigs, of horrendous quality, just to throw fouls at him... literally wasting a roster spot all season long, just because of one guy on another team.

Somewhere out there, an alternate universe exists where the Magic managed to stay healthy and had some 3 or 4 combination of Shaq, Penny, Hill, Duncan and McGrady... and destroyed the NBA for about 6 years straight.

Last edited:

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Chuck is FOS, he was spouting he never wanted to leave Phx..... He forced his trade to the Rockets specifically. Chuck will be forgotten if KD gets PHX a ring and he knows it

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard