Durant to Suns

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funny how all those other teams that won 64+ games in a regular season weren’t physically spent. I don’t buy that excuse (a excuse, btw, that I haven’t heard from a single coach, player, or sportswriter).

I think they were spent because we had a covid outbreak... because the Pelicans let McCollum play sick.

Still does not explain why the rolled over and collectively died in game 7.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny how all those other teams that won 64+ games in a regular season weren’t physically spent. I don’t buy that excuse (an excuse, btw, that I haven’t heard from a single coach, player, or sportswriter).
Especially because outside CP3, our team was still all right in their prime, if that. And CP3 missed 20 games so it wasn’t like he was dying from playing every game.

The fact that we’re the only team I think outside the 2007 Mavs to win 64 or more games and not even get to the Conference Final kinda speaks against the theory of playing so hard that there’s nothing left for the playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they were spent because we had a covid outbreak... because the Pelicans let McCollum play sick.

From minute 1. That game was 11-0 within two minutes and it was clear the game was already over.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

That could be. But if so it had nothing to do with the pursuit of 64 wins.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Especially because outside CP3, our team was still all right in their prime, if that. And CP3 missed 20 games so it wasn’t like he was dying from playing every game.

The fact that we’re the only team I think outside the 2007 Mavs to win 64 or more games and not even get to the Conference Final kinda speaks against the theory of playing so hard that there’s nothing left for the playoffs.
Exactly

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So weird… no one’s claiming Bridges is going to be the next Scottie Pippen/Kawhi Leonard or any other NBA Legend on a night where he’s got a whopping 13 points on 4-10 shooting while his team is down 40 POINTS to the listless Chicago Bulls.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So weird… no one’s claiming Bridges is going to be the next Scottie Pippen/Kawhi Leonard or any other NBA Legend on a night where he’s got a whopping 13 points on 4-10 shooting while his team is down 40 POINTS to the listless Chicago Bulls.

Maybe Durant will shut all the doubters up... not tonight... not Sunday... next Wednesday... maybe, but probably not the game after that, can't be too cautious.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Durant will shut all the doubters up... not tonight... not Sunday... next Wednesday... maybe, but probably not the game after that, can't be too cautious.
What does Durant have to do with the ludicrous proclamations of Bridges assured ascension to NBA Hall of Fame levels?

People can doubt KD all they want, and I won’t begrudge. It’s a calculated risk. But it doesn’t change how insane the Bridges takes have been.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What does Durant have to do with the ludicrous proclamations of Bridges assured ascension to NBA Hall of Fame levels?

People can doubt KD all they want, and I won’t begrudge. It’s a calculated risk. But it doesn’t change how insane the Bridges takes have been.

And I don't think anyone has called him a sure fire hall of famer, at least that I have seen. He's gotten better each year, he's really freakin good and he was on a steal of a contract.

For a lot of Suns fans, both on and off this board, he was their favorite player. There is going to be some hyperbole.

And KD has everything to do with why these hot takes are getting thrown about.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And I don't think anyone has called him a sure fire hall of famer, at least that I have seen. He's gotten better each year, he's really freakin good and he was on a steal of a contract.

For a lot of Suns fans, both on and off this board, he was their favorite player. There is going to be some hyperbole.

Someone said he was going to be Booker level. Pretty sure books on a HOF trajectory.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

But what happens with KD has ZERO impact on the player bridges becomes. They’re linked for suns fans purposes, but not for projections of bridges’ ability.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Funny how all those other teams that won 64+ games in a regular season weren’t physically spent. I don’t buy that excuse (a excuse, btw, that I haven’t heard from a single coach, player, or sportswriter).

Have to factor in we were playing in the finals also. So we had a long season. Not that I am making it an excuse. Just throwing it out there.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it does. It's the only thing that does IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dude… people have said he’s going to Booker, Kawhi, and Pippen in the last week.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think those two rebounds Booker fought for down low were almost as important as the big baskets he made late. Not bad for an off game.
Yup. It’s what has really elevated Booker from a great player to one of the league’s best. Figuring out ways to make an impact even when he’s not playing his A game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Have to factor in we were playing in the finals also. So we had a long season. Not that I am making it an excuse. Just throwing it out there.
Most teams that rack up 64+ wins have typically gone deep in the playoffs not only the season before, but for multiple seasons.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But what happens with KD has ZERO impact on the player bridges becomes. They’re linked for suns fans purposes, but not for projections of bridges’ ability.

You're right, that KD will not directly impact the player Bridges becomes... but if KD continues his trend of playing less than half his team's games per year, and if Bridges continues his trend of injury free, statistical development across the boat... (all this just par for the course for these players right now). One of these KD seasons produce a title, if not, this is a horrific trade for the Suns.

KD, Bridges, Johnson and all those picks are inexorably linked.

We traded an all-star caliber player and DPOY level talent, we traded a guy who was runner up for the 6th man, we traded 4 1st round picks AND a pick swap when Durant will be retired.

All that for a guy who, while being a great talent, has missed more games than he has played in the last 4 years is 34 years old, has never led a team to a title, AND is currently injured.

These players will be linked forever. We HAVE to win a title.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You're right, that KD will not directly impact the player Bridges becomes... but if KD continues his trend of playing less than half his team's games per year, and if Bridges continues his trend of injury free, statistical development across the boat... (all this just par for the course for these players right now). One of these KD seasons produce a title, if not, this is a horrific trade for the Suns.

KD, Bridges, Johnson and all those picks are inexorably linked.

We traded an all-star caliber player and DPOY level talent, we traded a guy who was runner up for the 6th man, we traded 4 1st round picks AND a pick swap when Durant will be retired.

All that for a guy who, while being a great talent, has missed more games than he has played in the last 4 years is 34 years old, has never led a team to a title, AND is currently injured.

These players will be linked forever. We HAVE to win a title.
A lot of what you say is 100% likely accurate. But there are so any variables that are yet to be determined. Such as where those picks land, what talent is available at those picks, how durants presence impacts other players wanting to come and play for the suns. Whether cam Johnson ever fulfills the promise he’s shown and can stay injury free. And we will just have to disagree about bridges being an all star caliber player. His defense took a precipitous drop this year and we are still seeing the inconsistencies In his offense. Let’s not forget he’ll already be 27 this summer so he’s not some super young raw talent just entering the league. He’s in his prime already. Will he improve? Likely yes. But to what degree? That’s open to question.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
KD is worth Bridges and DA combined and more in trade. Bridges has the potential to become a Pippen, Kawhi, Jimmy Butler type of player, maybe 2-3 years from now if the Nets were to give him the chance of development in that dimention. His 45 pts game doesn't make the former claim less true, nor his potential future allstar status. Similarly, his 13pts game in an over 40pt loss now doesn't make the latter claim less true.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought it was the opposite. Once the Suns clinched the best record, they went on cruise control and lost their focus. Most of us on the board were concerned before the playoffs even started, because it looked like the team had lost its competitive edge.
Actually, I think both happened.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score

I kind of have a feeling that Bridges may someday end up back in Phx, watching some interviews he really likes it here. He stated the weather and Mtns etc he will miss. and that now he is paying about 5K a sq ft in NY w/no place to walk his dog

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Cmon now. They are only insane because you are exaggerating them. I said that people in the East are going to compare Mikal to Booker in value. Not because he actually is equal, just because players get more attention in the East than the west. That is not really a wild suggestion. It might not end up happening, but it is not crazy. And it is just a minor topic of conversation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cmon now. They are only insane because you are exaggerating them. I said that people in the East are going to compare Mikal to Booker in value. Not because he actually is equal, just because players get more attention in the East than the west. That is not really a wild suggestion. It might not end up happening, but it is not crazy. And it is just a minor topic of conversation.
And again, I strongly disagree. I asked which players get wildly overrated like that in the East and the response was pretty much no one.

Like… guys like DeRozan, Zach Lavine both put up similiar numbers to Book, play in one of the biggest markets in the league and no one equates them to him. Do you think eventually Mikal is going to be a 25-27 ppg scorer? It’s not like guys averaging 20-22 ppg in the East are compared to Book. Jalen Brunson isn’t considered in Book’s league even though he’s in NY. Julius Randle is having another big season but no one would say he makes an impact like Book:

And look… I’m not putting those guys up there to browbeat you. I’m just looking at the guys who could be overrated, playing for huge franchises in the East and none of them get Devin Booker type love.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard