Dune: Part Two (2024)(HBO Max/theaters)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay… saw Dune 2 again last night. That movie is pretty awesome. It is spectacle on the grandest scale, but still feels grounded in a certain science fiction reality. I still think it sags a little in the middle and wish I bought Chalamay a little more, but it puts a great spin on a well-worn story told a thousand times before, pulling it off with aplomb where other space operas have failed miserably before.

Rewatch also highlights how incredible the sleight of hand is getting you to the end because it’s ALL there, right under your nose, while actually being pretty much right out in the open from one of the first lines in the movie.

Last edited:

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Daughter and I marathoned ‘84 and Part One, then saw Part II last night. Incredible movie.

My daughter’s nascent crush on Chalumet died horribly at the end, too. Heh.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Villenueve said he was stopping after the next movie which would be book 2. Hopefully it ends there, because for as much as I love Dune, those books start to fall off pretty fast.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Villenueve said he was stopping after the next movie which would be book 2. Hopefully it ends there, because for as much as I love Dune, those books start to fall off pretty fast.
I thought the 4th book was one of the best in the series. Strangely enough, I think one of the weakest in the series is the next movie.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to check out David Lynch’s Dune tonight. Wow. This version is… not good.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I decided to check out David Lynch’s Dune tonight. Wow. This version is… not good.
It's what got me into the series!

Even then the theatrical release isn't something I'd watch. My entry point was 2 night mini-series that would be on TV during summer when I was a kid which has a ton of stuff that is missing from the released version.

Someone actually put together a version with all the known scenes put together called Spicedriver.

Surprisingly it's been up on youtube without being taken down.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It obviously doesn't fix the odd adaptation choices, but the extended version at least has a more coherent story being told in the universe it created.