Duh'mare

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People wondered why Amare wasn't a team captain until this year. Maybe now we are seeing why. He still has a lot of room to grow, which is amazing considering where he is on the offensive end.

to be honest though. Amare had 33 points, but he wasn't incredible on offense tonight. It took him 26 shots to get there and he had 6 turnovers. The guy needs to learn how to play within himself. It's ALL fire, no finesse. the best players are able to balance that out. Amare's still learning that. Guess there's no tougher teacher to learn from than the Spurs though, right?

theRisingSun

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LOL at the hate. y'all dont know what we have.maybe before blaming Amare, we should stop and look at our perimeter defense and how we can in no way stop penetration because of stevie's stellar defense. No matter how good of a defender you are, when guys are constantly getting into the lane, you're going to be in foul trouble

Yes Amare made a mistake on that drive but **** happens. He has completely owned the Spurs everytime these two teams face

AnonymouslyKnown

Registered
Reaction score
I think Amare is a beast and I won't insult him because I wish I could be half as tallented as he is.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I predict Amare will go 40/20 in game 2. People will still bitch about his earlobes or something.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I predict Amare will go 40/20 in game 2. People will still bitch about his earlobes or something.
As long as we're making predictions, i'd be willing to bet the farm that Amare will NOT foul out of game 2. OT or not. Reading NBA refs tendencies is really quite simple if you just pay attention.
In actuality, NBA games are like one big 48 minute agenda of make up calls anyway.

cly2tw

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Amare set a couple picks for Nash during that play.

*But they werent good picks, if Amare was the real leader he would have just grabbed the balls from Nash and created for himself. When will Amare finally step up to the plate*

:rolleyes:

sorry, somehow I read it like this first and couldn't stop lauphing.:D

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
i heard thunder dan is suiting up on tuesday is there any truth to this?

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
C'mon, lets calm down and put this loss where it rightfully deserves to be... on Shawn Marion! We could have had KG! We could have had KG! :p

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
C'mon, lets calm down and put this loss where it rightfully deserves to be... on Shawn Marion! We could have had KG! We could have had KG! :p
An Amare, KG, Shaq lineup would kick the crap out of the Spurs. :p

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you act as if people have no reason to upset with Amare. 45 minutes, 7 rebounds, 6 TO, 0 assists. Shouldn't we expect more out of this guy than just scoring at this point in his career?

and I'd bet anything the guy doesn't get 20 rebounds. He hasn't even reac hed double figure rebounds in 12 of his 17 games.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
you act as if people have no reason to upset with Amare. 45 minutes, 7 rebounds, 6 TO, 0 assists. Shouldn't we expect more out of this guy than just scoring at this point in his career?

and I'd bet anything the guy doesn't get 20 rebounds. He hasn't even reac hed double figure rebounds in 12 of his 17 games.

If this is true why expect more now. If everyone else just did what they normally do during the year we would win. Asking Amare to pick up everyone elses slack is not realistic. I want him to be a beast on the boards too but he just isn't.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
agreed

but I just think improving two other areas could improve us way more than his rebounding

his foul trouble -I swear he gets picked on by the refs more than any other star player. the technicals and every reachin, moving screen or bump, blocks that are called fouls, etc. I have no answer because it seems like b.s. Here's a solution ....call it both ways ref

and his defense - which is hard enough because he is not a good defender but to be in foul trouble alot and not a good defender = no chance because he cant provide any resistance or risk another foul.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
his foul trouble -I swear he gets picked on by the refs more than any other star player.

I think I figured out the reason for this. After every incidental contact Stoudemire creates, he throws his arms up as if to say, "Whoa, I didn't do anything!" It makes the officials notice things that they otherwise wouldn't and makes him look guilty. He needs to learn how to keep his cool when he accidentally brushes into someone.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
I think I figured out the reason for this. After every incidental contact Stoudemire creates, he throws his arms up as if to say, "Whoa, I didn't do anything!" It makes the officials notice things that they otherwise wouldn't and makes him look guilty. He needs to learn how to keep his cool when he accidentally brushes into someone.

Now that you mention it, you're right, he does that alot and that does look guilty. Good point. Anyone know someone who can tell Amare to stop doing that now?

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Now that you mention it, you're right, he does that alot and that does look guilty. Good point. Anyone know someone who can tell Amare to stop doing that now?

I work with David Griffin's mom and I'll send her an email to have dan dan type up a letter immediately addressed to Amare, hopefully leandro doesn't get envious, maybe Arturo can beat him with a stick and distract him for a moment.

no thanks needed just doing my part.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, I always thought it was a stupid nickname, but man does that guy wear it well. Stupid needless fouls trying to poke the ball away running back on D, missing fourth quarter free throws, playing NO ONE at the end of the game and giving Finley a wide open shot and then without a doubt, the dumbest play of the game, instead of just turning and shooting an 8 footer, he charges into KT.

I said before the series we only go as far as Amare takes us and his stupid ass (and DA's horrific late game coaching) KILLED us today. You better hang your head in shame Duh'mare because you should eb ashamed of yourself. You're not a Superstar, you're a superTARD until you prove otherwise.

that was disgusting.

this series is over in 5.

ima go home and smile watching my favorite team play.

You need to realise that sports are sports and we are fans. Enjoy the entertainment and move on, its not worth ggetting worked up about.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen