Duh'mare

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, I always thought it was a stupid nickname, but man does that guy wear it well. Stupid needless fouls trying to poke the ball away running back on D, missing fourth quarter free throws, playing NO ONE at the end of the game and giving Finley a wide open shot and then without a doubt, the dumbest play of the game, instead of just turning and shooting an 8 footer, he charges into KT.

I said before the series we only go as far as Amare takes us and his stupid ass (and DA's horrific late game coaching) KILLED us today. You better hang your head in shame Duh'mare because you should eb ashamed of yourself. You're not a Superstar, you're a superTARD until you prove otherwise.

that was disgusting.

this series is over in 5.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I won't blame him for the missed free throws, it was obvious he banged up his shoulder on the foul.

But yes everything else is right on. This is dude's sixth year in the league, time to grow up. I'm pretty unbiased in judging which team is better, and I really think the suns are probably the better team.

But at the end of the day when your best player is too stupid to get it, that's enough to sink you.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
It's true. Amare should have passed it to Shaq (wide open) instead of "be the man" and then have a charge called on him

Reaction score
Feel better? Throwing Suns players under the bus and declaring the series over after one game is comical.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't blame him for the missed free throws, it was obvious he banged up his shoulder on the foul.

But yes everything else is right on. This is dude's sixth year in the league, time to grow up. I'm pretty unbiased in judging which team is better, and I really think the suns are probably the better team.

But at the end of the day when your best player is too stupid to get it, that's enough to sink you.

physically, they may be the better team but that's only half the game.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score

That's what I'm hoping for, I think after being down 3-1, the Spurs will definitely fall under pressure in Game 5. If not, we'll finish them off at home in game 6. :thumbup:

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I've done my share of criticizing Amare, but that was a bit harsh. Yeah, he commited a lot of stupid fouls (mostly offensive ones, as usual). Had he not fouled out, we prolly would've won.

Nash could've sealed it in regulation. He had Boris wide open under the basket with the pick n roll, but chose to kick it out to Barbs who promply missed his shot.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
cheesebeef is preparing for the worst fellas dont worry about him.. he has no trust in his team and how can you blame him..

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef is preparing for the worst fellas dont worry about him.. he has no trust in his team and how can you blame him..

now do you understand?!

I mean, I can understand Paxson for 3... I can understand Elie for 3... I can even understand Bruce Bowen for 3... BUT TIM FREAKING DUNCAN FOR THREE?!

This team finds more incredible ways to lose GINORMOUS ball games than the Cardinals do the run of the mill ones.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've done my share of criticizing Amare, but that was a bit harsh. Yeah, he commited a lot of stupid fouls (mostly offensive ones, as usual). Had he not fouled out, we prolly would've won.

but he did foul out and his ******** cost us the series against them last year.

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
The blame doesn't extend beyond Mike D'Antoni.

Stoudemire scored 33 points. Our interior defense freaking COLLAPSED without him in the game. He was +11 when every other starter was in the negatives for the game. But we should obviously bench him, because he's such a "supertard", and he "cost us the game" since clearly he had no impact and we would have blown them out if his sorry ass hadn't shown up today.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The blame doesn't extend beyond Mike D'Antoni.

Stoudemire scored 33 points. Our interior defense freaking COLLAPSED without him in the game. He was +11 when every other starter was in the negatives for the game. But we should obviously bench him, because he's such a "supertard", and he "cost us the game" since clearly he had no impact and we would have blown them out if his sorry ass hadn't shown up today.

did I say we should bench him? No, I just said he's an incredibly stupid basketball player and when you're best player is as dumb as Amare is, you're always gonna be behind the 8-ball.

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
did I say we should bench him? No, I just said he's an incredibly stupid basketball player and when you're best player is as dumb as Amare is, you're always gonna be behind the 8-ball.

Amare isn't Tim Duncan in the basketball IQ department, but if he was he would be the best player of all time, without question, not even a contest. You shouldn't expect everything from one guy.

You should, however, expect your team's coach not to make 20+ mistakes that any casual basketball fan might have avoided in the final 15 minutes of the game.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yup, I always thought it was a stupid nickname, but man does that guy wear it well. Stupid needless fouls trying to poke the ball away running back on D, missing fourth quarter free throws, playing NO ONE at the end of the game and giving Finley a wide open shot and then without a doubt, the dumbest play of the game, instead of just turning and shooting an 8 footer, he charges into KT.

I said before the series we only go as far as Amare takes us and his stupid ass (and DA's horrific late game coaching) KILLED us today. You better hang your head in shame Duh'mare because you should eb ashamed of yourself. You're not a Superstar, you're a superTARD until you prove otherwise.

that was disgusting.

settle down sunsman44

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Amare does lack the smarts it seems but the series is not over. And to predict Spurs will blow us out in 2nd game... you are losing it. They are really struggling offensively. I can understand us losing a close game but a blowout ain't gonna happen. This is regarding another one of cheese's post in the game thread.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare isn't Tim Duncan in the basketball IQ department, but if he was he would be the best player of all time, without question, not even a contest. You shouldn't expect everything from one guy.

he doesn't have to be Duncan's IQ. He could just have average basketball smarts, something he's not even close to having. that's a problem from your best player.

You should, however, expect your team's coach not to make 20+ mistakes that any casual basketball fan might have avoided in the final 15 minutes of the game.

believe me, I'm not DA's biggest supporter either.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
settle down sunsman44

call me whatever you want (and the above is pretty low), but I've loved Amare for a long time and defended him against a lot of people, but today was just inexcusable and it's in a game like today where you see if you're star has "it" or not and so far, all he's shown the last two years in the biggets moments is that he doesn't. That pisse sme off.

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
I love Amare, but he does not have the mental make-up to be a champion. Maybe he can grow into it; he is still young enough for that.

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
I can't blame Amare for this, he is what he is - a beast. He isn't a genius or floor leader, he scores a lot and blocks some shots. He did that well today. A couple of the calls on him were BS.

The loss can fall squarely on the moronic coaching staff which twice failed to foul up 3 in the closing seconds, letting the Spurs hit two game tying threes. If D'Antoni isn't fired after this season, I won't be rooting for them any longer.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Amare, but he does not have the mental make-up to be a champion. Maybe he can grow into it; he is still young enough for that.

this is what I've been wondering. Can guys "grow into" a mental makeup? Nash is a guy to me who grew into that but it took a huge chip on his shoulder, a change of scenery and about ten years for it to happen. Can anyone else think of superstars who were pretty much regarded as mental midgets who developed into the best player in the NBA?

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
I can't blame Amare for this, he is what he is - a beast. He isn't a genius or floor leader, he scores a lot and blocks some shots. He did that well today. A couple of the calls on him were BS.

The loss can fall squarely on the moronic coaching staff which twice failed to foul up 3 in the closing seconds, letting the Spurs hit two game tying threes. If D'Antoni isn't fired after this season, I won't be rooting for them any longer.

I thought you said you were done after this loss. Now it's only if DA isn't fired huh? Either support your team or don't.

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
well I'm pretty sure he doesn't get fired unless we get swept, so I'm banking on him returning sadly.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
well I'm pretty sure he doesn't get fired unless we get swept, so I'm banking on him returning sadly.

Then please stop supporting the Suns right now and spare us the woah is me theatrics that are bound to follow later in this series.

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
I think people are overreacting to one play (the charge). If Kurt hadn't flopped, Amare had finished the shot or got to the line or whatever, all we'd be talking about is how amazing Nash and Amare are. But we lost, so everyone is butt hurt and looking for people to blame.

Everyone makes mistakes, and maybe even a bit moreso than usual at the end of games. Let's not forget that today was an exception for Nash (THIS season), he has been horrible in late games, specifically in the turnover department, all year. No one is calling him a supertard or unbelievably stupid or w/e.

Amare played a good ball game. And let's be honest here, please.. NO ONE wants to play against the Spurs front court as a big man. You're going to get at least 3 fouls per game guaranteed from Oberto or Thomas crumpling to the ground in a heap like they just took a haymaker from Michael Clarke Duncan. I credit Amare for contuing to be aggressive as he is, cause without it our offense would have gone nowhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson