Duel in the Desert

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Sun Devil hit Tuitama from the front and a split second later another Sun Devil hit him from behind as he was falling, catching Tuitama's helmet. It was pretty similar to the hit Carpenter took in the Colorado game. Definately helmet to helmet, but I don't think it was intentional.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Austin sucks, big time. Tuitama is a good QB, too bad he gets hurt every game.

Props to ASU. They showed up ready to play and they deserved to win.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Austin sucks, big time. Tuitama is a good QB, too bad he gets hurt every game.

Props to ASU. They showed up ready to play and they deserved to win.

Good season for Arizona, though. You have something to look forward to next year, imo.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
ASU beat UA 28-14 and are headed to another bowl game, albeit a pretty crappy Emerald Bowl but still... The only thing I don't want to hear is an excuse about Tuitama not playing for half of the game. ASU had so many injuries this year and there were 7 or more.. possible starters out for the game. Howard, Morant, Richardson, Baloney, Carnahan, Berg, Burgess, we had another o-lineman play hurt and out of position during the game and Torain was really beat up and torched the supposedly great UA run D. Very solid effort by ASU tonight. Torain rushed for 138 yards and even with a slow start to the season in the first couple games he finished the regular season with about 1,068 rush yards, ASU's 19th 1,000 yard rusher. ASU will be better next season too. UA should be proud though. Their football program is getting to be pretty good. Our rivalry games may actually mean something in the near future.

Last edited:

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
YES!

YES!

YES!

YES!

YES!

YES!

YES!

That wasn't even a game, it was pure domination. Loved every second of that one, score should have been 40-0. 136 yds total offense by UofA before garbage time? Nice outing UofA, nice game planning by Stoops. He's really out recruited ASU..... Give me a freakin break. Austin, what a great player. Tuidouchebag might have to hang it up cause he clearly can't take a hit. Kitty cat

ASU!
ASU !
ASU!
ASU!
ASU!
ASU!

The best part is most of UofA fans will disapear for another year. Most of you came out of the wood works when you beat a lousy Washington St team, an Oregon team that is clearly in shambles, and a quality Cal team although they were looking ahead to USC. Nice run, glad to bring you back to reality.

Fact is.......... The last time you've been to a bowl was '98, the last time we made it to the NCAA Tournament was 2003. Who's program is worse????? You guys think Stoops is doing a great job- recruiting, fluke wins, etc...... Derek Hagen was a 2 star who ended up being the best WR in PAC history. Koetter is never given credit for his recruiting. I'm not naive enough to think Sendeks recruits are gonna save our program. I WAIT FOR RESULTS, UNLIKE YOU MORONS.

I love dominationg UofA. What is it, 4 of the last 5 and our only loss we outgained you by 300 yds??????? Nice program

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
One more thing, save the typical UofA excuses. Tuidouchebag got layed the f out and it wasn't cheap. It was a bang bang play. He's obvioulsy not the answer. One more thing, nice defense

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
One more thing, save the typical UofA excuses. Tuidouchebag got layed the f out and it wasn't cheap. It was a bang bang play. He's obvioulsy not the answer. One more thing, nice defense

You are about as classy as the trashy ASSu fans at the game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game truly caught me off guard. I would've said there was absolutely no way ASU would dominate UofA. But, man, ASU beat the tar out of them.

I'm happy. I didn't think Koetter would get fired anyhow, so we might as well have won.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
that was like watching a cards game (from a UofA perspectice)

sad, yet somewhat comical in a demented kind of way

HooverDam

Reaction score
Wow, what a great day to be a Sun Devil. Can you believe the hoops win over Iowa!? I hope everyone was watching that! Great shot to end the game for the Devils.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
UofA sucks....even when we are at our worst, we are still better than that pathetic team to the south!

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
The silence is deafening from Cat Fan.

Actually lucky the score wan't more lopsided. That was a SEVERE beating up front.

DevilPrideBAS

Registered
Reaction score
This game was never close. How sweet it is to go down to that dump of a city and get a dominating win. Tui has yet to complete a game against us. I guess we just hit too hard. I think this is about the time that we will start to hear "At least we are better in basketball" from all the Wildcat fans. I cant blame them though, i would be searching for excuses too if my team got embarrassed like they did today. This one must really hurt for them, a ton of hype, and probably wont make a bowl game. I guess there is always next year...Go Devils.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
ASU did a good job taking care of business.

However, the ASU players were out to injure Willie, and they did it. AGAIN. I know ASU fans love it, but I hate anyone trying to cheap shot a player to get him out of the game, whether it is Tuitama or Carpenter. ASU and its fans should be ashamed of themselves.

HooverDam

Reaction score
^Sorry Chap but you are just plain wrong. I watched the play Tui got hurt on quite a few times on the TiVo. ASU was NOT trying to hurt him. Ware's hit was a bit late (though is body was in motion while Tui still had the ball). Tui got hurt when the other ASU player, hit him in the back of the helmet, this however was unavoidable because Ware pushed Tui that direction, and one of the UA players pushed the ASU player into Tuis back.

I'm sorry Tui was knocked out of the game, I really am, because I hate that it gives UA fans an excuse (never mind the offense had looked stagnant under Tui anyway). But if people really think that was a cheap shot they either need to 1. take off the red and blue glasses, or 2. watch the play again.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

You know what dude F--- you.

I was totally prepared to come here and say this is not what i expected and that ASU out prepped us and played a great game.

But then a little bitch like you has to come out of the woodwork and start running your mouth. Good for you Sun Devil. You beat us head to head. Does that make your season? Because really EVERYONE picked you guiys to be a player in the Pac - 10. And once again you little heartless little boys came up short. You got steam rolled by every team on your schedule worth a damn and this last game nonwithstanding - we are in a lot better shape than you.

In reality winning this game was the worst thing that could have happened to your program. You won the battle but you losing the war. Koetter is obviously not the answer and now you got another two years of him to run the program further into the ground. I will be back here when we out recruit you. I will be here when we get to a better bowl than you next year. And i will be here when we stomp the hell out of you next year in Tempe.

I am shocked and emabarrassed by this loss but i would love to see what would happen our if china glass QB could actually stay in a fricken game against you guys.

Here is the difference between Cat fans and Devil fans. When we come up here annually and destroy you in basketball its little more than a yawn for us Cats fans. We KNOW we are better than you. Its just a fact. But the Big Bad football program in Tempe beats us in Tucson and its a season saver. Great work guys. Bad news. You still suck. And it will just take another six months before the full cycle of our football program being better than yours comes to frutition.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
So I just want to get this straight....

ASU and U of A have the same record in the conference and ASU has 1 more win than U of A overall... but.... they are some type of dominating amazing football team. Right...

I believe all of these "Sun Devil Laws" were made up to promote ASU being a contender for the national title... a BCS team... and they finish what 5th in the division? Wow, I'm blown away.

Also.. how many wins does cooter have over top 25 teams compared to stoops in the past 3 years? My math has them beating only Iowa in 2004... while Stoops has 4.

So keep drinking that koolaid, because your football team may be going to bowl games, but they are no where near the BSC contention that you all dream you someday will be.

PS... I've heard from aSun Devil fan that allegedly the ASU team has quite a good dealer... if you know what I mean..not my words, just something interesting I've heard on several occasions

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I love dominationg UofA. What is it, 4 of the last 5 and our only loss we outgained you by 300 yds??????? Nice program

Nothing like coming across as classless. Win with some stinking grace.

I'm an ASU fan BTW but crap like this doesn't belong. Talking smack is one thing but gloating just makes you look like a fool.

Oh and to one other poster that says ASU fans disappear during basketball season--well I for one hate basketball NBA, College or whatever so I care about those results about as much as I care how ASU's swim team does.

Talk to me during baseball season though.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
To AZBALLER and the rest of you annoying/pretentious/myopic Sun Devil fans:

I have been waiting a long time for this. It's not complete just yet but after after about 7:00 on Saturday night it will all have come full circle. I am hoping for a good clean game - but more importantly i want to beat you by 40......... [/FONT]

I guess you'll have to wait a little longer arizona's finest kitten.

The funniest thing about your post is that you would actually quote ******* gambo...hahahaha...

What's even funnier is that ASU might now fire their coach, while you guys are actually happy with your football program...pretty sad if you ask me.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
You know what dude F--- you.
But then a little bitch liI will be back here when we out recruit you..

How did Gabe Long and Louis Holmes treat you this year??? Weren't they going to dominate the entire Pac this year? Wasn't the return of the "desert swarm" promised because of the great recruiting?
I guess the bottom line doesn't matter in your world, only the number of stars a player gets matters, even if he never sets foot on campus...

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Thank goodness for au that it is now recruiting season for them, so that they can claim a victory, unfortunately for us ASU fans it's still the real football season.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
I'm not trying to pile on here, but how many concussions has Tui had this season? Should he have even been playing? Does stoops care more about his career, than his players' health?

BTW, the hit was far from cheap. The hit Carpenter took was cheap.

Future1984

Veteran
Reaction score
Thats right UofA fans, stop your crying you lost and would of still lost of Tuitama was in there. You keep saying Lil Willie's hit was cheap. What about that right cross RUDY C. Took in the head i guess you Baby's forgot about that hit RUDY C. took to the head.

I like Dwyane Wade's Motto FALL 7 TIMES GET UP 8.

Thats why men play football and women play volleyball, maybe there is a spot open for Volleyball next year so WIllie has something to do next fall.

GO DEVILS!!! Im done with UA, On to the BOWL SEASON