Duel in the Desert

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU did a good job taking care of business.

However, the ASU players were out to injure Willie, and they did it. AGAIN. I know ASU fans love it, but I hate anyone trying to cheap shot a player to get him out of the game, whether it is Tuitama or Carpenter. ASU and its fans should be ashamed of themselves.

I would admit it if I thought it was dirty. But, this wasn't intentional. No way. If Tuitama hadn't been hit from the front first, Caldwell would've drilled him in the back. Instead, it was helmet-to-helmet. A legitimate foul, yes, but not intentional. That's football. Walter got hurt badly last time we were down there. I wasn't crying about it, stuff happens.

There has to be real concern for Tutitama. How can any doctor clear him to play next year? He's had FOUR concussions this year!

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

However, the ASU players were out to injure Willie, and they did it. AGAIN. I know ASU fans love it, but I hate anyone trying to cheap shot a player to get him out of the game, whether it is Tuitama or Carpenter. ASU and its fans should be ashamed of themselves.

Maybe next year they ought to put a dress on him.

Its the defences job to hit the QB and hit him hard. The hit wasn't late, it wasn't at his knees and even the helmet to helmet contact didn't look intentional.

When a guy has a reputation for being soft this is what happens. Rudy got hit hard too he just didn't have to leave the game. I thought the hitting on both sides was awesome. Just what you'd expect from an ASU UofA game.

HooverDam

Reaction score
So, I hope you UA fans still don't think the hit on Tui was dirty....but in case you do, here is the hard evidence:

You must be registered for see images

As you can see, Ware is nearly there and the ball is still in Tuis hands. No way Ware would've been able to stop himself. #77 on UA is pushing Caldwell into Tui, and Wares tackle pushed Tui towards Caldwell. It was a good hard football play, and unfortunately someone got hurt- that happens in football.

Lets all try to show some class here and refrain from name calling. Especially calling out some college kids from Tempe as being dirty, when clearly that was a clean play.

PS... I've heard from aSun Devil fan that allegedly the ASU team has quite a good dealer... if you know what I mean..not my words, just something interesting I've heard on several occasions

Come on man, have some class. These are college kids, no need to start unfounded rumors. And do some guys on the ASU football team probably smoke weed? I'd be shocked if they didn't. Are some players on ASUs team probably using roids or some other drugs? Probably. But same can be said about someone on any competitive sporting team. All I can say is that I hope they are safe, don't hurt anyone or themselves, and that they don't get caught (because I think what one does w/ his own body is his business).

Last edited:

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The silence is deafening from Cat Fan.

Actually lucky the score wan't more lopsided. That was a SEVERE beating up front.

It was pretty much a sever beating all around. Weren't the Cats suppose to have some stellar run defense? LOL.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You know what dude F--- you.

I was totally prepared to come here and say this is not what i expected and that ASU out prepped us and played a great game.

But then a little bitch like you has to come out of the woodwork and start running your mouth. Good for you Sun Devil. You beat us head to head. Does that make your season? Because really EVERYONE picked you guiys to be a player in the Pac - 10. And once again you little heartless little boys came up short. You got steam rolled by every team on your schedule worth a damn and this last game nonwithstanding - we are in a lot better shape than you.

In reality winning this game was the worst thing that could have happened to your program. You won the battle but you losing the war. Koetter is obviously not the answer and now you got another two years of him to run the program further into the ground. I will be back here when we out recruit you. I will be here when we get to a better bowl than you next year. And i will be here when we stomp the hell out of you next year in Tempe.

I am shocked and emabarrassed by this loss but i would love to see what would happen our if china glass QB could actually stay in a fricken game against you guys.

Here is the difference between Cat fans and Devil fans. When we come up here annually and destroy you in basketball its little more than a yawn for us Cats fans. We KNOW we are better than you. Its just a fact. But the Big Bad football program in Tempe beats us in Tucson and its a season saver. Great work guys. Bad news. You still suck. And it will just take another six months before the full cycle of our football program being better than yours comes to frutition.

I wish I could find your quote from a while back "We have the better basketball team and in 3 weeks we'll show you that we have a better football team." Something along those lines....how pathetic!

Keep waiting "just another year".....that's all we hear from you Kitten fans.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
I wish I could find your quote from a while back "We have the better basketball team and in 3 weeks we'll show you that we have a better football team." Something along those lines....how pathetic!

Keep waiting "just another year".....that's all we hear from you Kitten fans.

Thats ASU fans montra too though. "Oh this year we are going to contend for the Pac10 title and a BCS Bowl". I would much rather over achieve than be like the devils and underachieve consistently.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why should I feel ashamed, I didn't even watch. :)

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
I don't even waste my time reading Arizona's Loser's posts. Was it me that got under his skin or the fact that they got absolutley dominated???? People call me classless but it's ok to drop F bombs and other explitives if your on the losing side? Nothing's better then a flustered UA fan

BTW Zeno, take your tampon out. Me saying "I love dominating UofA. What is it, 4 of the last 5 and our only loss we outgained you by 300 yards??? Nice program" is far from classless. If you can't say that what can you say??

Whatya know, I come back to check the board and the TYPICAL excuses are flying. That was a clean play, even UofA fans at the bar we were watching it at said it wasn't dirty. If that was dirty then the hit on Rudy was dirty as well. The fact is Tui has concussion problems and it may be career ending. 99% of QB's in the country would be back under center the next play. He can't take a hit anymore without the smelling salts bein taped to his nose.

Did he say something about recruiting again??????? What haven't you guys done since '98? Thats right, go to a bowl game. Your the typical fan who buys into the "recruiting rankings." God forbid you actually wait to see how they pan out at the next level. "Recruiting Rankings" change quite a bit once the players hit the field- in a negative way in UA's case.

All in all, it was a great weekend in Arizona sports. ASU once again made UofA look like the second grade football program they are, ASU basketball beats Iowa, Suns are on a win streak, Cardinals come closer to a top-2 pick, Dbacks trade for pitching. The best part was definitely being at the sports bar Saturday night and watching the UofA fans hide under the tables.

Label me classless, that's fine with me. Just ask yourself if you would rub in such a horrible loss if you were on the winning side???? Bottom line is UA didn't belong on the same field last night, it wasn't even a game. So keep posting all those articles about how great Stoops is and how up and coming and fearsome your "program" is. We will have a new head coach in a month with plenty of talent in-place. That's when it's time for you to worry

And yes, I will be here when you lose to you twice in bball this year. Enjoy it, those days may be numbered

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Not hard to see why ASU fans have the poor national reputation among sports fans after reading this garbage. Celebrating a likely career-ending hit and mocking a seriously injured 19 year old kid you'd think is pretty low, but I guess sometimes you have to consider the source.

The game was over on the Tuitama hit if not before that, anyone who watched Arizona this year knew that Arizona was flat out atrocious with Adam at the helm while merely serviceable with Willie. ASU sat on the ball offensively in the second half and put 8/9 in the box daring Arizona to beat them deep knowing Austin cannot throw the ball more than 10 yards. The hit by Caldwell was late, not dirty and obviously well worth the 15 yard penalty. Every coach in America would tell their players to do the same in such a situation. What surprises me is Koetter actually coaching quite well in what would be his swan song - had he been doing this for six years he would not currently be in the unemployment line.

As far as some of the content on this thread go, some of the hypocrisy is absolutely hilarious. One, ASU fans calling out Arizona fans as bandwagoners and only showing up in good times when half of the ASU fans commenting on this thread have been MIA since their Cal game. But the ultimate irony is ASU fan actively discussing how horrible Arizona football while trumpeting ASU football and yesterday's victory. You'd think if we were so bad and you guys were so good then it would be just another notch in the belt instead of a landmark performance. But I guess when you're barely better than a basketball school in your own sport then W's like these go into the memory book.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As I read your long winded response Mao, I could just see your face red with anger as you choked back tears. I love it! This was the best possible scenario a Win vs. the Kittens AND Koetter gets fired. That really has to sting a UofA fan.

So much for Stoopid being the best thing to happen to UofA, huh? 3 years and no winning record. Sad. So very very sad.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
As I read your long winded response Mao, I could just see your face red with anger as you choked back tears. I love it! This was the best possible scenario a Win vs. the Kittens AND Koetter gets fired. That really has to sting a UofA fan.
Not really, despite the loss the progression of the program is meeting the expectations I personally set (not that they're taken into consideration by anyone important) the second we hired Mike Stoops. Unlike you I do not have a complex and hate ASU, I grasp the big picture that what's good for one is good for the other in pretty much every aspect of the institutions both athletically and otherwise.

Of course - I wish we would have won and am pissed the team read it's own press last week and the coaching staff let a lame-duck head coach completely outmanuever them. The progress I have hoped was there this year if not in this game, but that also means Ariozna has to take the next step in 2007.

Last edited:

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
Come on man, have some class. These are college kids, no need to start unfounded rumors. And do some guys on the ASU football team probably smoke weed? I'd be shocked if they didn't. Are some players on ASUs team probably using roids or some other drugs? Probably. But same can be said about someone on any competitive sporting team. All I can say is that I hope they are safe, don't hurt anyone or themselves, and that they don't get caught (because I think what one does w/ his own body is his business).

Just a heads up... I'm a college kid... go to ASU (girlfriend and friends go here, so I'm a wildcat in tempe)... have friends that work for the school.... and I'm not taking about smoking weed.... And yes, while they are "rumors"... I've heard some interesting stories from these friends that have been at parties with the players

I also enjoy the fact that not a single ASU fan who has come on here talking all kinds of garbage about how ASU is the dominating team... but seem to ignore the fact they have the same record in the division and 1 more win than us. Just dominating indeed. What happened to all that BCS hype you had at the start of the season?

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well you can't deny that we DID dominate you guys.....you guys looked like you didn't belong on that field. We underperformed this year at 7-5, you guys played WAY over your heads in a few games and finished 6-6.....neither are impressive, but one is FAR more impressive than the other.

UofA sucks.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, knock it off with the insults.

And Mrh182, we really don't allow that sort of baseless speculation at ASFN.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I was at the game, and I'm glad I went. Was a fun atmosphere. Good rivalry, and afterwards got to talk with some pretty classy ASU fans. Anyways, my thoughts:

The Cats read their own press and came out totally unprepared. For the first time since he's been at UofA, I think Stoops got outcoached by Koetter. Dirk's guys were ready to play from the beginning, and the Cats weren't.

The hit on Tui didn't seem like a cheap shot with the intent to injure. It was a penalty, and it's a shame that it ended his game (and maybe career), but that's how he's been this year. I do think that if Tuitama never got hurt then the Cats would have settled down and made a comeback, but we'll never know.

The Devils got really conservative and with good reason. Austin couldn't hit a WR downfield to save his life. ASU just stacked the box and forced the Cats to throw. There were always guys open, just Austin couldn't hit them. If he connects on just one of them then it's an entirely different game. But that's just how it goes.

All in all, good win for ASU. For the first time in a while this game meant something for each team, and that made it fun to be there. I hope the Cats still make a bowl, and I love where the team is heading.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
Alright guys, knock it off with the insults.

And Mrh182, we really don't allow that sort of baseless speculation at ASFN.

My apologies... Like I said, it's just rumors I've heard from a source I tend to believe. But I have no proof and I'm not going to make any claims beyond that.

I'm just sick of the talk of domination. After that 1st quarter where we played like crap, the game got pretty slow. Especially with the starting QB out. I guess the same could be said if Rudy was knocked out of the game in the 2nd and the devils lost. I know there would be just as many ASU fans claiming they lost because the QB was out. it's how it works

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
Well you can't deny that we DID dominate you guys.....you guys looked like you didn't belong on that field. We underperformed this year at 7-5, you guys played WAY over your heads in a few games and finished 6-6.....neither are impressive, but one is FAR more impressive than the other.

UofA sucks.

Haha... yea... impressive games wins against NAU and Colorado. Oh and way to go on beating all those good ranked teams the past few years... :thumbup:

Wait, that was 2004 the last time that you beat a top 25 team.

Domination.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We'll let you know how yet another bowl game feels like. I'm sure the Kittens haven't been to one since you've been alive. You guys are like the Temple of the west.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My apologies... Like I said, it's just rumors I've heard from a source I tend to believe. But I have no proof and I'm not going to make any claims beyond that.
Nevertheless, you can't say things like that without including a credible source, even if you include the qualifier "rumors."

HooverDam

Reaction score
Mao, where do you think Tui is going? I dont follow the UA, do they think he is going to transfer or something?