NBA Players to the NFL?

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
NBA Austin Rivers made a recent comment that he could take 30 NBA players and put them into the NFL.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It may be unfair to post the question to a football fan forum but---Do you agree with Rivers?
(I think there are a few---but 30? Right now?)

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are players that have the strength, size and athleticism for it, but there is a ton of nuanced skills that go into every position on the field. So they likely wouldn't be effective at all.
Plus, NBA players can't take a hit.
You must be registered for see images attach

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Plus, NBA players can't take a hit.
You must be registered for see images attach
LeBron would be perpetually injured if he played football. He also probably would have been a defensive lineman if anything had he actually came up through football instead.

OP
OP
G

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, LeBron toyed with the idea of playing TE with the Cleveland Browns. There would have been scheduling conflicts with the NBA and NFL schedules.

OP
OP
G

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were talking about this on Denver radio mid-week last week.

I think that there are a few players in the NBA that can play in the NFL right now, due to the roster sizes. (15 players vs 53)

There's probably at least one player in the NFL that could play in the NBA right now.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
You can't just transition between professional sports like this. I don't question the general athleticism, but a lifetime of specificity matters.

You would end up with 30 practice squad receiving TEs.

OP
OP
G

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There's a hilarious and insightful debate on YouTube between Shannon Sharpe, Chad Johnson, and Gilbert Arenas. I'll not post the link---just head over to Youtube and search for the Nightcap playback. Sharpe makes the point that NBA players are more athletic and it is the 'hitting' that separates the players.

OP
OP
G

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Charles Barkley was pretty certain that NBA players can't play in the NFL. Seemed to be a stronger reaction by NFL players that NBA players would not be able to make the transition. Did not find too many NFL players who were saying they could make the move into the NBA. More NFL players were offended by the suggestion. JJ Watt offered that a lot of CBs could make the move and he considers CBs the most athletic players on an NFL squad.

NFL players will play hoops when they are trying to recover from the beating taken during their weekly NFL game. Not too many NBA players are playing full-contact football for the same reason.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz