Draft day trade scenarios discussion.

bennyperrin23

Veteran
Reaction score
Any thoughts? Best case for the cards is that if any of the top 3 qb’s fall to us at 8 including tua would Cowboys trade up to 8.

Brady goes to bucs, rivers goes to colts, bridge water to bears. Who is left? Cowboys with dak and pats with nobody.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This draft looks so deep i would be happy to trade back and pick up more picks.
I think I'm leaning towards this since it seems Wirfs will be gone by the time we pick...

Can still get another Olineman and a pick.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if this dream is as deep as everybody says why would anybody trade up?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So if this dream is as deep as everybody says why would anybody trade up?

The reason is that there are about 10 top players, and even though the WR pool is big, Jeudy and Lamb are the prized players.

Now that the 9era have the 13th pick, a team might want to leap frog them to get the receiver they want.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Didn’t we work out Trevon Diggs? Late first projection. Maybe a trade down target.

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Hopefully, they go Simmons or Brown on D.

You only need OL when your line is bad. Meaning if they PLUG in a few decent OL they will be just fine. I believe they can get away with an upgraded makeshift line.

But our LB core and Dline need an overhaul. I am not sure any Cards Dline man can
start on any other team in the division. Peters would get snaps but he is the only one.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Hopefully, they go Simmons or Brown on D.

You only need OL when your line is bad. Meaning if they PLUG in a few decent OL they will be just fine. I believe they can get away with an upgraded makeshift line.

But our LB core and Dline need an overhaul. I am not sure any Cards Dline man can
start on any other team in the division. Peters would get snaps but he is the only one.
This OL is still awful, and the OL talent in the draft has a higher likelihood of being available to us where we pick.

There's still decent LBers and DLs available. The cupboard is bare at OL already.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think we move back two to four spots on draft night (unless Simmons, Young, or Okudah fall) and we get one of the three OT's.

Or..... My dominance theory could take hold.

We draft Lamb or Jeudy and go all in with our own version of eff you to the NFL.

Keim has shown us time and time again a willingness to move back to accumulate lost picks from prior transactions. I can see him trying to recoup a 2nd rounder if possible.

Or just switch places with the Chiefs for Chris Jones.

FTW!!!!! NUK BABY!!!!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ll be damned if we trade back with Willis or Wirfs still on the board.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The reason is that there are about 10 top players, and even though the WR pool is big, Jeudy and Lamb are the prized players.

Now that the 9era have the 13th pick, a team might want to leap frog them to get the receiver they want.

Which is a good reason to stay put and add a blue-chip player.