Dockett $7.5K poorer

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Cardinals | Dockett fined $7.5K
Sat, 16 Sep 2006 07:12:55 -0700

The Arizona Republic reports Arizona Cardinals DT Darnell Dockett was fined $7,500 by the league for unnecessary roughness on his late hit on San Francisco 49ers QB Alex D. Smith during the team's Week 1 game. He dove at Smith's legs after he had thrown an incomplete pass. Dockett said after the game that he didn't regret the hit and that it was a result of playing hard.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jttsaz said:
Cardinals | Dockett fined $7.5K
Sat, 16 Sep 2006 07:12:55 -0700

The Arizona Republic reports Arizona Cardinals DT Darnell Dockett was fined $7,500 by the league for unnecessary roughness on his late hit on San Francisco 49ers QB Alex D. Smith during the team's Week 1 game. He dove at Smith's legs after he had thrown an incomplete pass. Dockett said after the game that he didn't regret the hit and that it was a result of playing hard.

Why do they do these $7,500 fines? Do they really do anything to the player? Why don't they take a % of a pay check, like maybe half of their paycheck for the game or something....

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
That was a bone head play from a guy who isnt even playing well. He should have a better responce then that.

Avondale_Larry

Registered
Reaction score
He deserved it.

Up in my section, I had all kinds of people booing about the call. They were watching the play downfield apparantly. Once the replay came up on the Jumbotron, most of them changed their tune. There was still one or two who thought chopping a QB's legs five yards out of bounds was A-OK.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
I had a problem with the hit, but not WHERE he did it. I thought he had yet to step out and released the ball...fair game. HOWEVER I think he did hit him in the kneesand that was worth a penalty, especially after the QB just got done throwing a ball. Again, I did have a problem with the Ref saying he was out and that was the reason for the flag.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
CardsRep03 said:
Didn't he have a fumble recovery? Broke though the line for near sack a time or two. justmehumbleopinion

Yes he had the fumble recovery. So what? Pace forced the fumble.

Playing hard? How about playing smart? I would have sat Dockett a long tme ago. But what do I know.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingman