Do you really think Cards would trade Rosen and turn over the QB job to Murray?

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
We're already on our third bad season in a row. This would make 4 if Murray flops... and put us in a pretty hopeless position.

When Murray flops and if the cards draft him would it be reasonable to go for a 1st Round QB THREE years in row.Talk about being the laughingstock of the league.:bang::computer::thud:

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I still can't believe how many of you are dumb enough to buy into MidgetMania. It's really sad. Y'all have been watching football your entire lives and STILL let this flavor of the week BS poison your minds.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I still can't believe how many of you are dumb enough to buy into MidgetMania. It's really sad. Y'all have been watching football your entire lives and STILL let this flavor of the week BS poison your minds.
I get the excitement, I mean, at #1, we all want a major game changer. It's awesome to dream of the next dynamic QB taking over the scene, magazines and shows talking about these bold risks we took that have us at the forefront of the NFL...

But the more likely truth is a lot more scary.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're already on our third bad season in a row. This would make 4 if Murray flops... and put us in a pretty hopeless position.

I wouldn't call an 8-8 record in 2017 bad.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
1. I don't doubt Kyler Murray has a chance to be a productive player in the NFL. He absolutely does.

2. I don't think Murray will be better than Rosen, and Rosen will benefit immensely from actual coaching.

3. I'm still concerned about Murray's true commitment to the NFL.

4. If for some reason Rosen flops, the team will be in prime position in 2020 to take a player like Tua Tagovailoa

5. We have real needs elsewhere. QB isn't even a top-5 need on this team.

6. I'm not convinced the Cardinals are taking Murray #1. I think Keim is eager to trade the pick and move down. Wouldn't surprise me if the package would include a 2020 first-round pick

7. If Keim can't trade down, just take the best player on the board. Bosa or Q. Williams.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I wouldn't call an 8-8 record in 2017 bad.
Let's be honest though, we limped to that and had barely any hope most of the season once Palmer went down for the year, with DJ gone. There were some nice, feel-good-as-a-fan wins, but nothing that showed us a good trend of improvement.

I agree with everything @TJ just said, but hope we don't trade down. It wouldn't surprise me if Keim wanted to do that, but I would expect it to flop.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I sure as hell don`t want a trade down.i have very little faith that Cards will do it right and Sk won`t screw up by trying to be the smartest guy in the room and overthink it.Just take Bosa.If not Bosa then Q.Williams if the staff things he will do.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. I don't doubt Kyler Murray has a chance to be a productive player in the NFL. He absolutely does.

2. I don't think Murray will be better than Rosen, and Rosen will benefit immensely from actual coaching.

3. I'm still concerned about Murray's true commitment to the NFL.

4. If for some reason Rosen flops, the team will be in prime position in 2020 to take a player like Tua Tagovailoa

5. We have real needs elsewhere. QB isn't even a top-5 need on this team.

6. I'm not convinced the Cardinals are taking Murray #1. I think Keim is eager to trade the pick and move down. Wouldn't surprise me if the package would include a 2020 first-round pick

7. If Keim can't trade down, just take the best player on the board. Bosa or Q. Williams.

The baseball angle worries me the most about Murray. IMO, option number 7 may be the most likely.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with everything @TJ just said, but hope we don't trade down. It wouldn't surprise me if Keim wanted to do that, but I would expect it to flop.

It depends on how good the trade down offer is. I doubt the Cardinals will get what they want but it doesn't hurt to try.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
to answer the original thread title:

The Cardinals have totally cleared the decks from the wreckage of last season.

I don't think its a stretch to conclude that Rosen gets caught up in that as well.

makes for a 100% fresh start with Murray