Do you really think Cards would trade Rosen and turn over the QB job to Murray?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Do you really feel that Cards would make that move? Trading Rosen and turning the QB job over to Murray and going from there? Brett Hundley has some starting QB experience,Kanoff is likely 3rd QB clipboard holder.Hundley is not well thought on this board but how would Cards fans feel if Hundley was named Starting QB while Murray learned the ropes? Can you Murray fans handle a 1-5 start or possibly worse?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Do you really feel that Cards would make that move? Trading Rosen and turning the QB job over to Murray and going from there? Brett Hundley has some starting QB experience,Kanoff is likely 3rd QB clipboard holder.Hundley is not well thought on this board but how would Cards fans feel if Hundley was named Starting QB while Murray learned the ropes? Can you Murray fans handle a 1-5 start or possibly worse?

If you draft a guy #1, he's going to be the starter in most cases.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Unless Keim strikes gold in the draft this offensive line is going to be terrible again next season. I don’t care who’s playing behind center if you have no time you’re not doing ****.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It would not be the typical conservative move that Kiem likes, so if it happens, it would be unexpected.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Those that believe we should keep Rosen, don't necessarily believe he's a better QB than Murray. They just believe that Rosen deserves another chance or that Rosen+Bosa is better than Murray at 1. If the Cardinals are smart, they can't think like that. The QB position is exponentially more important than any other position in ANY sport. If it's obvious that Murray is better than Rosen, then they have to draft Murray. It really does boil down to that.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Those that believe we should keep Rosen, don't necessarily believe he's a better QB than Murray. They just believe that Rosen deserves another chance or that Rosen+Bosa is better than Murray at 1. If the Cardinals are smart, they can't think like that. The QB position is exponentially more important than any other position in ANY sport. If it's obvious that Murray is better than Rosen, then they have to draft Murray. It really does boil down to that.

So 'smart' means buying into the KM hype.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So 'smart' means buying into the KM hype.

You seem convinced that it's hype. Is it? Why are buying into it being hype? If he's truly special, and it appears he is, then yes, it would be "smart" for the Cardinals to draft him. You run to the podium and say thank you very much!!

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
You seem convinced that it's hype. Is it? Why are buying into it being hype? If he's truly special, and it appears he is, then yes, it would be "smart" for the Cardinals to draft him. You run to the podium and say thank you very much!!

What if you don`t think he is special.He might be good but worthy of top pick? I don`t think so.I prefer that some other team make the mistake and draft him.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If it was Andrew Luck, I run up.

So after Goff's first season you would have dumped him for the magical midget, right ?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it was Andrew Luck, I run up.

So after Goff's first season you would have dumped him for the magical midget, right ?

Again, the Murray detractors just prefer to use words like "midget" to show their prejudice towards taller QB's. I'm convinced that Murray will be a better QB than Goff. Goff was exposed by the Patriots. Kudos to McVay for stepping up & saying he was outcoached. In reality, Goff wasn't able to make the adjustments that McVay wanted to implement. McVay would dump Goff in a nanosecond for Murray.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see that happening.

The Cardinals weren't a 3-13 team; they had an 0-16 coaching staff.

I agree 100% with this. Whether it's Murray or Rosen, we WON'T see 3-13. Let's be honest, we were very fortunate to be 3-13 last year. If the Niners had their QB, we don't beat them. And it's clear to me that Rodgers was more interested in getting his HC fired, than to beat the Cardinals that day.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I don't see that happening.

The Cardinals weren't a 3-13 team; they had an 0-16 coaching staff.

Drafting Murray will be another 3-13 team.I firmly think so.Mayfield hit the prefect storm in Cleveland especially after they changed coaching.Every other rookie QB struggled /flashed some talent.If Murray is the choice (damn i hope not) I fully expect a rude awakening and a tough transition to the NFl if he last the season without getting crunched.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the NFL. You do not keep or play a QB just because he deserves another chance. If there is one player on the field where you put the very best player you can out there, every time, its QB. If they believe that Murray will be the better QB, they should draft him. Period. If they think he might be the better QB, they still should draft him and let the two of them fight for the job.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i trust the organization if they make the move
the only murray issue is the height, then he is more accurate, he doesnt need an all pro offensive line cause he has the super agilty to avoid the pressure, is a better thrower while scrambilng, he is a much better runner, he has more attitude to win games

• ROSEN ------------------------- --MURRAY

• accuracy 7------------------------ accuracy 8
  • arm strenght 8-------------------- arm strenght 9
  • running ability 6 ------------------ running ability 9
  • pocket presence 7 -----------------pocket presence 8
  • field vision 7 ----------------------field vision 8
  • mindset 6 -------------------------mindset 8

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, the Murray detractors just prefer to use words like "midget" to show their prejudice towards taller QB's. I'm convinced that Murray will be a better QB than Goff. Goff was exposed by the Patriots. Kudos to McVay for stepping up & saying he was outcoached. In reality, Goff wasn't able to make the adjustments that McVay wanted to implement. McVay would dump Goff in a nanosecond for Murray.

So now you include Coach McVay in the universe of football experts you speak for.

There is no unanimity on the vertically challenged Heisman Trophy winner, and it's neither prejudice or bias that leads one to support taller QB's, it's the record of success in the NFL.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Cards will have a better record than last year regardless of whether the QB is Murray or Rosen. The defense is going to be much better and I do think the offense under KK will improve. I also feel that we will do well in the draft especially with the first pick in every round.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the only murray issue is the height, then he is morew accurate, he doesnt need an all pro offensive line cause he has the super agilty to avoid the pressure, is a better thrower while scrambilng, he is a much better runner, he has more attitude to win games and very probable has stronger mindset

Source?

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
the only murray issue is the height, then he is more accurate, he doesnt need an all pro offensive line cause he has the super agilty to avoid the pressure, is a better thrower while scrambilng, he is a much better runner, he has more attitude to win games and very probable has a stronger mindset

Is it the stronger mindset than was "all-in " on baseball until a month ago?More attitude to win games? WTF are you coming up with this stuff?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Yes

Why I think its going to happen (note: not a "why its a good thing" list)

1. As far out and unprecedented as it sounds -- the Cards just hired as HC the below .500 record fired coach of Texas Tech. Clearly Keim and Mike B have demonstrated they are ready to embrace and act on out of the box ideas.

2. I think that Mike B / Keim concluded that to win the NFC west with McVay's Rams, Wilson's Seahawks and Shanahan's 49ers -- they will need a dynamic offense more attuned to where the NFL is headed-- rather than a more purely from the pocket traditional offense with Rosen. It would explain KK, and by extension, Murray.

3. I think watching Russel Wilson for the last 5/6 years is influencing Keims and Mike Bs thinking.

4. Daniel Jeremiah made an excellent point: you can get 99% of the draft smokescreen benefit, but also not have Rosen twist in the wind, by affirming he is the QB, but you are open to dealing the pick and have had discussions with teams on that ---- but the team didnt. Rosen was the QB "right now".

5. its possible that the Cards have graded Murray off the charts -- and Keim is simply following best player. Its not like Murray isnt highly rated -- PFF has him #1. Most others have him the #1 or #2 QB. He did put up crazy numbers and win the Heisman.

Years ago -- the Cards had Jake Plummer as a rookie, who did some nice things. They won their last game of the season on a last sec FG that year, and as a result, fell to drafting #2. That was the Peyton Manning draft. Imagine that FG was missed and they were at #1. Do you pass on Manning because you already had Plummer? (I get, not totally comparable, and hindsight makes the answer easy).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard