Disappointed, but...STILL confident!

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, tough one to swallow, no doubt. Especially since we still had a shot at the very end.

A few random thoughts...

1./ I was nervous about this game because, well, it's the Patriots. They KNOW how to win no matter how big the challenge is in front of them. I think we're close...very close..but, still learning.

1.David Johnson is a star in the making...Haven't been this excited about a "back" since O.J. Anderson back in the St. Louis days.

2. It is a pure joy to watch Fitz' play...the mans' will to win is incredible to watch. (Note: Much as I'll miss Fitz' (sadly, the day will come) I honestly believe Jaron (sp?) Brown will fill that void nicely.

3./ I think we're asking way to much out of our rookie corner (B. Williams) ...And Steve K. knows this and I'm sure will address it ASAP.

4./ It was an AFC loss...NOT as damaging as an NFC loss in the big picture. ...And I'm guessing Seattle will also play N.E. at some point (w/ Brady back)

AND...in the 1982 world series, the St. Louis Cardinals got blasted at home in game #1 by the Milwaukee Brewers 10-0. ...And they still went on to win the world series that year!

So, HAVE A GREAT DAY! :) (That's 1.."Redneck Voodoo" (LOL) .

I honestly believe we'll be there at the finish come the end of the year.

GO CARDS!

Mark in SC :)

Reign Blood

Tattooed Hundredaire
Reaction score
Tampa Bay is hardly any easy win either those guys have improved a ton… I can only imagine Brandon Williams covering their receivers
I would feel disappointed a lot more if our offense was anemic. Instead our defense had nothing to prepare with so I'm just glad we didn't get blown out then all the nay Sayers in the preseason would be giving everyone else the "I told you so's"

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Tampa Bay is hardly any easy win either those guys have improved a ton… I can only imagine Brandon Williams covering their receivers
Yep many peeps & coaches keep ignoring the elephant in the room! A rookie CB. Didn't I hear all preseason "this kids gonna get better", "give him half the season & he's going to be a player"?

Well we don't have time to learn & fail on the job!!! With each rookie mistake the pressure mounts on Williams, the defense & the team. Take Tampa for granted & this team is 0-2 & I can only imagine what happens from there.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Unless we address #3, it's hard to get excited. I believe BW has the tools to be a starting CB in the NFL, but not the experience. SK has to do something, or we'll be out of the race before it begins.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tampa Bay is going to be tough. If the Cards do not figure out what to do with Williams it will be a long season. 2 Pats TDs last night were the result of his mistakes.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well... Let's look at this way.... I think the game would have been identical with Brady and Gronk..... It's hard playing the unknown.... What Betcher did and Arians I'm sure agreed.... Was mix up coverage... Play zone because Garappolo will make one bad pass and game over.... He didn't.... He made every play.... Let's look at this way.... The NFL is about 1 to 2 major plays every game!!! No matter who you play.... Jets missed a new easy fg and extra point and lost.... Carolina had 2 plays go against them... Off setting penalty and dude. Missed a makable fg to win.. Seattle wins because. Miami misses easy fg and drops a wide open TD.... Oakland makes the 2 point conversion..... Dallas doesn't get out of bounds.... San Diego had an Injury.... Tennessee fumbles inside Minnesota 30 and it's ran back for a TD... They controlled game till that point.... We have a holding call and then bad snap.... It happens.... Super Bowl contenders shouldn't even be mentioned till week 12

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Winston was outstanding yesterday. 23/33 281 yards 4 scores 1 int. If we don't get pressure on him he and Mike Evans are going to eat us alive.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone who is still confident about this team right now is self-deceived. They have not really played well since the middle of the season last year. Other teams have gotten significantly better.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Anyone who is still confident about this team right now is self-deceived. They have not really played well since the middle of the season last year. Other teams have gotten significantly better.

They didnt play well yesterday and yet they put themselves into position to win at the end. If the placement of the ball was where it should have been, Cat wouldnt have hooked it. If the kick was good and we had won, people wouldnt be bitching nearly as much.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Tampa game will be a good test to see if this team has the mental strength to bounce back from a bad loss. Tampa is no joke and if the Cardinals let them hang around like they did against the Patriots, they might be looking at an 0-2 start.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have not really played well since the middle of the season last year.

Hmmm... they DID go 7-1, including 4-1 vs. playoff teams and a couple of blowout wins, in the 2nd half of last season. Now if you want to say they haven't really played well since week 17 of last year, i'm with ya.

...dave

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, tough one to swallow, no doubt. Especially since we still had a shot at the very end.

A few random thoughts...

1./ I was nervous about this game because, well, it's the Patriots. They KNOW how to win no matter how big the challenge is in front of them. I think we're close...very close..but, still learning.

1.David Johnson is a star in the making...Haven't been this excited about a "back" since O.J. Anderson back in the St. Louis days.

2. It is a pure joy to watch Fitz' play...the mans' will to win is incredible to watch. (Note: Much as I'll miss Fitz' (sadly, the day will come) I honestly believe Jaron (sp?) Brown will fill that void nicely.

3./ I think we're asking way to much out of our rookie corner (B. Williams) ...And Steve K. knows this and I'm sure will address it ASAP.

4./ It was an AFC loss...NOT as damaging as an NFC loss in the big picture. ...And I'm guessing Seattle will also play N.E. at some point (w/ Brady back)

AND...in the 1982 world series, the St. Louis Cardinals got blasted at home in game #1 by the Milwaukee Brewers 10-0. ...And they still went on to win the world series that year!

So, HAVE A GREAT DAY! :) (That's 1.."Redneck Voodoo" (LOL) .

I honestly believe we'll be there at the finish come the end of the year.

GO CARDS!

Mark in SC :)
Well-played, sir. :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the middle of the season last year? They definitely haven't played well since the last game of the regular season against the Seahawks, but the idea that they didn't play well since the middle of last season is revisionist history. in their last four games prior to that ugly Seattle beatdown, they were 4-0 and won by an average margin of 32-12, beating two playoff teams in that run.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure what you're talking about but games 8-16 last season went thustly:

@ Seattle 39-32 W
V Cincy 34-31 W
@ SF 19-13 W
@ STL 27-3 W
V Minny 23-20 W
@ Philly 40-17 W
V GB 38-8 W
V Seattle 36-6 L

That's a 7-1 clip with wins against 4 playoff teams. The one loss they mailed in. Don't know how much better you wanted them to play.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The Tampa game will be a good test to see if this team has the mental strength to bounce back from a bad loss. Tampa is no joke and if the Cardinals let them hang around like they did against the Patriots, they might be looking at an 0-2 start.

It looked to me that the Patriots where the team letting us hang around and with the current state of our defense, I see Tampa Bay almost being the fav to win and it all comes down to Williams at corner... it is so baffling and yet it seems there is nothing we can do about the situation when why can't we because we just need a sub par vet with experience

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
V Seattle 36-6 L

That's a 7-1 clip with wins against 4 playoff teams. The one loss they mailed in. Don't know how much better you wanted them to play.

You're right except we didn't exactly mail it in for that loss. We talked big all week and playoff home field advantage was still in reach when that game began. We played our starters and at no time did it look like we were rolling over and playing dead, we were simply rolled over. We haven't played well since we blew out Green Bay. We have Palmer's hand and Tyrann's injury to point to but still, it's been awhile since we were a good team.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winston was outstanding yesterday. 23/33 281 yards 4 scores 1 int. If we don't get pressure on him he and Mike Evans are going to eat us alive.

Mike Evans is a big time stud in this league. In fact, I think he is the most underrated player in the NFL right now. Put him on the Packers, and we would be bombarded with how great he is basically 24/7.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mike Evans is a big time stud in this league. In fact, I think he is the most underrated player in the NFL right now. Put him on the Packers, and we would be bombarded with how great he is basically 24/7.
I have him and Antonio Brown on my fantasy team.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It looked to me that the Patriots where the team letting us hang around and with the current state of our defense, I see Tampa Bay almost being the fav to win and it all comes down to Williams at corner... it is so baffling and yet it seems there is nothing we can do about the situation when why can't we because we just need a sub par vet with experience

Actually, Marcus Cooper is the sub par vet with 3 years of experience.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TB added Cecil Shorts and Jacquez Rodgers - as I understand it - both uprades in speed/explosiveness.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think cards can bounce back, I am just hoping they eliminate the bad penalties and tackle better.

The Cardinals still have a lot of talent just a gut wretching loss but might be a good wake up call. The cardinals play better as underdogs anyways

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard