Week 14 Elimination Scenarios, 2023 Variety

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
The Cardinals have avoided mathematical playoff elimination with their win over Pittsburgh. However, elimination still looms and will catch Arizona if either of the following happen in Week 14:

1) Rams win + Packers win

-OR-

2) Rams win + Packers tie + Vikings win/tie

The first Green Bay scenario is actually interesting (at least to me) since it would technically be Minnesota that kills us off as they’d be forced into a later win over the Packers (and thus clinch 7-10 tie-breakers over everyone). However, a MIN-win/GB-loss this weekend would flip tie-breakers to the Cardinals’ advantage in a 7-10 cluster and thus not eliminate us yet.

There might be other elimination scenarios, but honestly, I’ve already spent way too much time on this!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals have avoided mathematical playoff elimination with their win over Pittsburgh. However, elimination still looms and will catch Arizona if either of the following happen in Week 14:

1) Rams win + Packers win

-OR-

2) Rams win + Packers tie + Vikings win/tie

The first Green Bay scenario is actually interesting (at least to me) since it would technically be Minnesota that kills us off as they’d be forced into a later win over the Packers (and thus clinch 7-10 tie-breakers over everyone). However, a MIN-win/GB-loss this weekend would flip tie-breakers to the Cardinals’ advantage in a 7-10 cluster and thus not eliminate us yet.

There might be other elimination scenarios, but honestly, I’ve already spent way too much time on this!
So you’re saying there’s still hope? Lol!