Destiny

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I have played through all the main content and I am almost level 31. I have tons of legendary and some exotic gear. Basically, they need to release the expansion. Now, all I am doing is completing bounties, daily, weekly strikes. I am also starting to tackle nightfall strikes. The only thing I have not completed is Crota. I just finished vault of glass which was insanely time consuming.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to stop and re-download my PS4 content. It went from wanting to take 24 hours to just about 2 hours.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really really wanted to give this game another chance. So, I downloaded the mega update and immediately found that I loved the changes to the interface and some of the new maps made available in Crucible.

Then one thing after another began to annoy the hell out of me.

The new voice actor (Nolan North) who replaced Peter Dinklage is damn awful. Worse than Peter Dinklage IMO. Not only that.....I dare anybody to listen to the new voice of your Ghost....think of a Smurf....and EVER get it out of your head after that. Just goes to show it wasn't Peter IMO that was the problem.

Also.....why......why......why give you activities (quests) that force you to replay levels and at an annoying low difficulty level at that? Especially, since everyone's biggest complaint is the game is so damn repetitive. Now factor in.... this from Bungie because awards for completing quests are not working:

"We’re aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols and Faction-specific Quests completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards."

So basically if you completed these quests or some of them already? Screw you per Bungie.

I really just want to say @#$% Bungie and screw buying the Taken King.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This voice acting is worse than Dinklage. Also the faction specific quests and them not giving rewards back is bull****.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an update...so I received a gift card large enough to get the DLC. I swore I wasn't going to pay for it myself the way Bungie has treated fans. However, since someone else paid for it I went ahead.

I admit, this is an improvement. This is how Destiny should have been from the start. I like how they handle weapons, upgrades and light levels now. They deemphasized what character level you are which is the right thing to do since the weapons and armor should determine the strength of the character. Also, the story is much more thought out this time around. Also, I like the idea of quests versus simple bounties. It's much more engaging.

Not everything is perfect. Like I said, the Ghost still sounds like a Smurf and the "abandoned quests" for example force you to replay old strikes at an annoying low difficulty level. However, there is enough new strikes and quests to keep you busy and it feeling like it is somewhat new. Plus I heard the raid takes anywhere from 4 to 6 hours to complete.

So, is The Taken King worth $40? I still say no. Yes, it's a great DLC but I have played plenty of games with GREAT DLC that didn't cost me anywhere near $40. The fact that Bungie fixed their screw-ups and marketed as a reinvention (Destiny 2.0) is a joke to justify the steep price. If you're a die hard pick it up...if you're on the fence wait for the price to come down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like the new update but there are some major complaints from me.

They charge for DLC and then completely ignore it in future releases. They are essentially forcing you to buy it (House of Wolves, Prison of Elders) and then taking it away or completely ignoring it. I can't think of any other company doing such a thing with DLC. I really liked playing Prison of Elders, but it is moot at this point. Why can't they add Year 2 rewards to their old DLC?

The loot system is greatly improved, but how you can you have blue engrams that are better than exotics. It just doesn't make any logical sense. The reward system is damn silly too.

Forcing you to play PvP to complete some quests is bull. I hate the mode, but am forced to do it. They stated that they were going to not do that with this release.

All of that said though, I have had a lot of fun with it this week so far.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The loot system is greatly improved, but how you can you have blue engrams that are better than exotics. It just

Bungie has done that with each DLC. You play through and get lower level weapons that are way overpowered compared to original game content. I think they do it so you try the lower level weapons. If not, there would be less new weapons for them to brag about because everyone would simply ignore them.

It doesn't work anyway because I have dismantled every single green I have gotten in the Taken King. I don't bother anyway. However, now I am confused about which ones to keep and which ones to get rid of.

I have seen some people say it's OK to dismantle all green and blue but not purple. People have recommended holding on to Legendary in case they decide to create year 2 versions. However, I doubt that happens. They have not even made Ice Breaker or the Gally Year 2 yet.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bungie has done that with each DLC. You play through and get lower level weapons that are way overpowered compared to original game content. I think they do it so you try the lower level weapons. If not, there would be less new weapons for them to brag about because everyone would simply ignore them.

It doesn't work anyway because I have dismantled every single green I have gotten in the Taken King. I don't bother anyway. However, now I am confused about which ones to keep and which ones to get rid of.

I have seen some people say it's OK to dismantle all green and blue but not purple. People have recommended holding on to Legendary in case they decide to create year 2 versions. However, I doubt that happens. They have not even made Ice Breaker or the Gally Year 2 yet.

I realize that they have done it all along, doesn't make it right.

I have some blues that are better than my purples and even yellows. I just keep blues that have high light level for now so that I can use them to infuse my purples and yellows.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After my Heart Surgery I had some time at home and started playing again. Should I DL the new content if I haven't reached lvl 40 yet? I noticed that there is a lower level quest that needs the DL in order to access it. Has the price come down at all?

Oh I just noticed that there were 2 expansions before the Taken King. Are those free to download?

Last edited:
OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After my Heart Surgery I had some time at home and started playing again. Should I DL the new content if I haven't reached lvl 40 yet? I noticed that there is a lower level quest that needs the DL in order to access it. Has the price come down at all?

Oh I just noticed that there were 2 expansions before the Taken King. Are those free to download?

They are free to download if you have the collectors edition or whatever. If you buy the Legendary Edition of Destiny, it includes the 2 expansion. However, the expansions are basically worthless at the moment as they seem to just ignore them after a new one comes out.

The new content gets you up to level 40 so it is definitely worth playing. The expansion for the most part is really good. I'm sure the price has gone down some for physical copies. Especiall with Black Friday coming.

edit Target has BF pricing of $35 for new new content and the two expansions.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are free to download if you have the collectors edition or whatever. If you buy the Legendary Edition of Destiny, it includes the 2 expansion. However, the expansions are basically worthless at the moment as they seem to just ignore them after a new one comes out.

The new content gets you up to level 40 so it is definitely worth playing. The expansion for the most part is really good. I'm sure the price has gone down some for physical copies. Especiall with Black Friday coming.

edit Target has BF pricing of $35 for new new content and the two expansions.

Thanks!