Destiny

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, who's playing it? Which system?

I picked mine up via PS3/PS4.

For a limited time, when you buy last-gen digital Destiny content, get the next-gen digital version for FREE. Purchase PS3, get PS4 version free. Purchase 360, get Xbox One for free.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for now I do not plan on getting it. Let me know if you think its the next big thing as they do.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for now I do not plan on getting it. Let me know if you think its the next big thing as they do.

It pretty much is. I think it is fan-freaking-tastic. It takes the ordinary FPS, and just adds so many dimensions. If you want to play it by yourself, fine. If you want to play it in a small group, co-op you can do that too. If you still want to play domination/team deathmatch style matches, you can do that three.

IMO the FPS genre has gotten state. I have owned/played most FPS of the past 5 years and this one is right up there, including every Call of Duty released. Even though I have COD preordered, I'm considering not picking it up.

I give this game a 9 out of 10 and will probably end up in my favorite 5-10 video games ever. If you like FPS and co-op game play like I know you do BRR, this game should be a no-brainer.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It pretty much is. I think it is fan-freaking-tastic. It takes the ordinary FPS, and just adds so many dimensions. If you want to play it by yourself, fine. If you want to play it in a small group, co-op you can do that too. If you still want to play domination/team deathmatch style matches, you can do that three.

IMO the FPS genre has gotten state. I have owned/played most FPS of the past 5 years and this one is right up there, including every Call of Duty released. Even though I have COD preordered, I'm considering not picking it up.

I give this game a 9 out of 10 and will probably end up in my favorite 5-10 video games ever. If you like FPS and co-op game play like I know you do BRR, this game should be a no-brainer.

it just seems to deep for me, a big reason why I like FPS is I can turn it on, be in a game within 30 seconds, shoot people for 20 minutes and turn it off. The depth of this game alone screams time eater and I unfortunately have nowhere near the gaming time that I once had.

I might gamefly it and try it out but I think I will for sure be on advanced warfare. I might gamefly that too but just to see if the changes they have made put it in a range that I am not a huge fan of.

I got into halo a bit because I had friends on it but lately I tried picking it back up and without knowing where the good guns are, I was getting owned.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it just seems to deep for me, a big reason why I like FPS is I can turn it on, be in a game within 30 seconds, shoot people for 20 minutes and turn it off. The depth of this game alone screams time eater and I unfortunately have nowhere near the gaming time that I once had.

I might gamefly it and try it out but I think I will for sure be on advanced warfare. I might gamefly that too but just to see if the changes they have made put it in a range that I am not a huge fan of.

I got into halo a bit because I had friends on it but lately I tried picking it back up and without knowing where the good guns are, I was getting owned.

Each mission takes 20-30 minutes unless you are doing patrol missions, and those take 5-10. Once you play for a few hours, you get the COD style missions as well. It would be a shame for you to not at least try it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Each mission takes 20-30 minutes unless you are doing patrol missions, and those take 5-10. Once you play for a few hours, you get the COD style missions as well. It would be a shame for you to not at least try it.
K

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Okay, so I hate playing online. I want to play the story by myself. I hated how Halo made the single-player missions like 5 minutes long and expanded the multiplayer universe.

Before I buy this, can you tell me if single-player is worth it? I really want this game, but the reviews were all about how they needed more multiplayers to join before their reviews could do justice.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I hate playing online. I want to play the story by myself. I hated how Halo made the single-player missions like 5 minutes long and expanded the multiplayer universe.

Before I buy this, can you tell me if single-player is worth it? I really want this game, but the reviews were all about how they needed more multiplayers to join before their reviews could do justice.

Um. You can absolutely play it by yourself without friends. It may randomly connect you with someone else playing the same mission. (It has been about 50/50 to me) These people that join you don't get to chat with you unless they join your fire team. I treat it like AI fighting with me.

I'd say that game is much more fun if you do have friends to play with though. You could play it by yourself and find enough joy to buy it. If you want my advice, go to Redbox and rent it for a couple games at $2 a night and give it 10 hours.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um. You can absolutely play it by yourself without friends. It may randomly connect you with someone else playing the same mission. (It has been about 50/50 to me) These people that join you don't get to chat with you unless they join your fire team. I treat it like AI fighting with me.

I'd say that game is much more fun if you do have friends to play with though. You could play it by yourself and find enough joy to buy it. If you want my advice, go to Redbox and rent it for a couple games at $2 a night and give it 10 hours.
gamefly has an offer to have 2 months of one game at a time for $10

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gamefly has an offer to have 2 months of one game at a time for $10

True, but I doubt that you'll get Destiny any time soon via Gamefly. You can easily find the Redbox and play it within minutes.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, but I doubt that you'll get Destiny any time soon via Gamefly. You can easily find the Redbox and play it within minutes.

Agreed.

I will say though, I did gamefly a week after Madden came out, it said Madden had low availability (basically saying I wont see it any time soon) and it shipped out the next day so its worth a shot.

If you do two months for $10 a month promotion you could put destiny and another game youve wanted to try and if destiny does take a few days to ship, youll have the other game to play in the meantime.

The good think with that is you could play destiny for a week and get a handle on if you like it or not.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah got a lvl 22 Warlock and 21 Titan.

It's fun. But needs more content. That said, the post lvl 20 stuff plays different than the 1st 20 lvls.

Plus you have Bungie, Halo-esque, but different multiplayer gameplay.

It's like Warframe for the single player, and sort of like Halo for the multiplayer.

Game was hyped beyond what it should of been thought of, but it's still a quality game.

Playing the PS4 version.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide between this and SOM.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I picked this up at Costco over the weekend and installed it yesterday.

Couldn't log onto the Destiny server at first. Finally figured out I had to log out and reboot everything including my router.

Cool, I can finally start the game... Except now there is no sound. I can't figure out how to get sound to play in this game.

I looked online quickly and there is a sound bug or something that people were complaining about. Didn't have time to figure out what the fix was. Maybe I'll spend some time on it this weekend.

:bang:

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. Have a Lvl 21 Hunter. Don't really understand levelling up from here.

Increase Light in Armor?

Take on daily quests?

I wish there was an extension of the storyline.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. Have a Lvl 21 Hunter. Don't really understand levelling up from here.

Increase Light in Armor?

Take on daily quests?

I wish there was an extension of the storyline.

Yes. You increase light in your armor to continue leveling up. Right now, the maximum level is 30.

There will be a storyline continuation with the first DLC next month.

I was really hooked on this game, but haven't played it in nearly a month. It felt like too much of a grind to get more loot and there are many other games out this time of y ear.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The good news is I finally picked this up for my PS4. The bad news is I still won't have to play it anytime soon.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got to play a little bit during the Thanksgiving break. Wow what a fun game. Really wish I had more time to play!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally started playing this game a couple weeks ago. Two things. One thing is that this game is repetitive as hell. Also, they teased you with the the storyline with the Queen and yet....NOTHING after that?!?! Maybe I have not unlocked it yet or it's part of the DLC which I have not downloaded yet. Either way, that part sucks!

Having said all that? I love the game. It's really fun. I just wish they had found a way to make it less repetitive. I mean the world is big enough where you can could have changed one minor thing or location and made it much much better.

I will be getting the DLC probably this week and check it out.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally started playing this game a couple weeks ago. Two things. One thing is that this game is repetitive as hell. Also, they teased you with the the storyline with the Queen and yet....NOTHING after that?!?! Maybe I have not unlocked it yet or it's part of the DLC which I have not downloaded yet. Either way, that part sucks!

Having said all that? I love the game. It's really fun. I just wish they had found a way to make it less repetitive. I mean the world is big enough where you can could have changed one minor thing or location and made it much much better.

I will be getting the DLC probably this week and check it out.

+1

It is so repetitive that I stopped playing it a couple months ago. I would totally play it again with a group of friends if it wasn't so repetitive and the loot structure was changed.