Deone Bucannon - Cardinals 1st round pick!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. We give up Manziel for this guy. I thought we had a smart GM. I was wrong. I sure hope we do a hell of a lot better with the rest of our draft.

I think a whole lot of teams, and their fans, are going to rue this day they passed on Manziel.

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
How does he compare to ward? Who SF got

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Anyone equating tonight to the Rod Graves nuclear meltdown disaster needs their heads examined or their memories questioned. Not. Even. Close.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2013 stats (and yes you can throw stats out the window and say they lie and move on your merry way lol)

Calvin Pryor 75 tackles and three picks
Ha Ha Clinto-Dix 51 tackles and two picks on a great defense
and Bucannon playing on a crap defense 114 tackles and six picks

Sounds about right based on the front sevens they had in front of them.

Look, I watch the hell out of PAC 12 football. He DOES have ball skills. To me, that is his strength. He's not an ADub or Chancellor, IMHO. Hope I'm wrong.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got an extra 3rd pick in the deepest draft in years. Tomorrow will be the pay day.

I didn't like Dix for this team at all. Had his trouble at Alabama and comes across as a guy along for the ride. He talked about bringing fun to Green Bay lol. Also I think Saban gets max out of his college players and that's why they show little growth once they reach NFL generally. Julio Jones 1 of a couple outliers.

2 thirds is huge IMO. You have to at least wait for tomorrow before judging Kiem is a boob.

Got shafted I the trade too should have got a least another 5th and maybe a 4th

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
How does he compare to ward? Who SF got

Jimmie Ward's problem with why he fell is that he is 5'10, he can tackle and can probably be able to do well on the slot with his quicks but his size might be a problem with TE responsibility. A Honey Badger type with not as good of instincts in my opinion

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Don't think Bucannon will be a difference maker (a la Badger) but will be a solid player in our secondary. Very interested to see how day 2 goes with 3 picks now.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Wow you guys are gonna be wrong on this one. This is a great pick IMO and Mitch called it verbatim!

Read this article before you hate on this pick:

http://azstarnet.com/sports/footbal...cle_069df59e-fa0d-59a0-bbbb-314d5918e564.html

Ugh. I know we want to put a positive spin on it, but to quote a Tucson newspaper on a defensive player is a huge stretch. Better than a a UA safety for sure, best in the PAC-12 maybe, NFL first round pick no way.

Solid second round pick, good third round pick. But I promise Keim was betting against himself. Too much emphasis on Kam Chancellor and Donte Whitner's film against us.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The trade itself was bad value but the player is a solid 1st rounder and will be our SS for the next 5 years at least. Anyone who says he is a 3rd round talent should be banned on the basis of stupidity and ignorance.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucannon, a hard-hitting safety, is the first player from Washington State selected in the first round since Marcus Trufant was selected by the Seattle Seahawks in 2003.

Bucannon is a thumper who can be a little erratic at times. However, he has tons of talent and could be the Cardinals version of Kam Chancellor in their secondary.

Link.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
so we traded down gambling that a guy would slide.........but he didn't....so BASK got scared and screwed the pooch on national television....

every projection had this guy going mid to late second round at best.....he would have been a great pick at 52.....

rumor was floating that Cleveland wanted back into the first....if this guy was gonna be the pick,.....just trade it to them for the third pick in the second round,...and,..hell I dunno....a new janitor for the team facility maybe??

and not only that....but we got two things for trading out of 20.... JACK...and ****!!...was it Minne?? I think,....who got more than us just to drop one single slot??

whoever runs this board needs to BAN SK right damned now.....dude has been reading y'all climbing all over his jock so much he is starting to believe his own hype...

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The team that drafted Gabbert?

Also the same team that said Ryan swope would never play a down and had a low round grade on the great Ryan Williams.

Every team has mistakes. But draft grades are usually similar not 3 rounds off. This was a total need pick.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The reaction seems directly proportionate to whether one has seen him play. Those who have like the pick, those who haven't don't.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got shafted I the trade too should have got a least another 5th and maybe a 4th

If Bucannon is a 2nd or 3rd round talent, no use worrying about a 4th or 5th round picks because there must not be any talent there worth drafting it seems. I'll judge Bucannon on the field.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't buy third round projections being thrown out

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

MWOOD92

All Star
Reaction score
so we traded down gambling that a guy would slide.........but he didn't....so BASK got scared and screwed the pooch on national television....

every projection had this guy going mid to late second round at best.....he would have been a great pick at 52.....

rumor was floating that Cleveland wanted back into the first....if this guy was gonna be the pick,.....just trade it to them for the third pick in the second round,...and,..hell I dunno....a new janitor for the team facility maybe??

and not only that....but we got two things for trading out of 20.... JACK...and ****!!...was it Minne?? I think,....who got more than us just to drop one single slot??

whoever runs this board needs to BAN SK right damned now.....dude has been reading y'all climbing all over his jock so much he is starting to believe his own hype...

calm down.... lol

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trade itself was bad value but the player is a solid 1st rounder and will be our SS for the next 5 years at least. Anyone who says he is a 3rd round talent should be banned on the basis of stupidity and ignorance.

Or you actually watched college football and not a (holy laugh my ass off cause you use a highlight film to evaluate people) YouTube video

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I have yet to see anything about Bucannon being 1st Round material.2nd rounder.A solid 2nd rounder.Just have to trust BASK on this pick.Still seems like a reach a bit.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen