DeJuan Blair

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
28/21 today without Duncan against OKC.

I would like to say I told you, he and Buddinger were probably not stars but worst case good roleplayers in this league which is why we should have bought 2 low first round picks to draft them.

Oh well instead we let them fall in the 2nd round and then some more while doing nothing and drafting Taylor Griffin.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
pointless. We could do this with every player thats become a star after any of our draftpicks.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Bulls passed on Blair not once, but twice in the first round.
I wonder how mad their fans are for not picking this kid.....:shrug:

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2nd rd picks are nearly worthless(who was it that said that?):shrug:
Anyway, Blair had true big man qualities in his scouting report IIRC, but the SUNS are hell bent on going the other direction.

I think Blair has exceded expectations even among those that liked his upside....but that doesn't excuse teams like us who went into this season with garbage like Robin Lopez being counted on to grab rebounds that passed on him.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

"Absolutely. Michael (Jordan) loved him. We all did, but there was an issue about his knee. To take a gamble with an early first-round pick, we all weighed, (knowing power forward) was a need of ours. They thought the risk might be too great (in the lottery), but with the second round, yeah. We had him rated really high. He was rated in the top 15.
[/URL]
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64056/20100115/bobcats_had_blair_ranked_in_top_15/#

Last edited:
OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
27 points 23 rebounds 4 assists 3 steals starting in place of Duncan against the Mavs.

That guy might turn into a Charles Barkley type PF eventually with the athleticism of the older Barkley.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2nd rd picks are nearly worthless(who was it that said that?):shrug:
Anyway, Blair had true big man qualities in his scouting report IIRC, but the SUNS are hell bent on going the other direction.

I think Blair has exceded expectations even among those that liked his upside....but that doesn't excuse teams like us who went into this season with garbage like Robin Lopez being counted on to grab rebounds that passed on him.
You must be registered for see images

Seriously though, how nice would it be to have BOTH Lopez & Blair moving forward?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard