Deep draft?

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this draft really as deep as it seems, or is it like this every year? Last season the Phoenix Suns had two first-round draft picks. I wish they could throw back Casey Jacobsen and have another shot at the #22 this season. At the very least it would be nice to have a second-round draft pick.

That said, it seems like every year I feel the same way. There are always a bunch of players who wish the Phoenix Suns could draft. I think this year is different though. Because of all the foreign players it looks exceptionally deep. There will no doubt be players going in the second round who will turn out to be a very good NBA players.

Let's hope the Phoenix Suns make a good choice.

Joe Mama

fordronken

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that this draft is exceptionally deep, but that it has an exceptional number of question marks with potential. This bodes well for Phoenix, though, I think, as they tend to be pretty good at gauging who's going to end up being a player. I think a lot of the players in this draft will be busts, and the best players down the road won't necessarily be from the lottery(well...not all of them).

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the drafts have been deeper the last 2 years because of all the foriegn scouting. There have been more and more foriegn players declaring for the draft. If the trend continues they might have to go to 3 rounds in a few years.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by jbeecham
I think the drafts have been deeper the last 2 years because of all the foriegn scouting. There have been more and more foriegn players declaring for the draft. If the trend continues they might have to go to 3 rounds in a few years.

That's kinda funny, since a few months ago they were talking about eliminating the second round...

OP
OP
J

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
That's kinda funny, since a few months ago they were talking about eliminating the second round...

That kind of talk has popped up several times over the last 10 years. I'll be surprised if it ever happens.

Joe Mama

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
They just need to make the high school kids play 2 years of college before becoming an NBA player...

OP
OP
J

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by BEERZ
They just need to make the high school kids play 2 years of college before becoming an NBA player...

David Stern would love a 20-year-old minimum age limit, but it's not going to happen.

Joe Mama

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn